Boston Farm System prior to Theo takeover

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yawn.

Once again there are plenty of other GM's doing a better job than Theo is with the same or even less payroll.

Your excuse of it is payroll being the only reason Theo is doing a bad job is just well, dumb and not supported by facts or logic.

i could yawn right back at you..

the FACTS are right in front of you that others see and YOU simply refuse too..

epstein had to lower payroll by almost 40 MIL and didnt have anybody major league ready to bring up from their system

show me the other GMs who had to come into the exact same situation of lowering a 140MIL payroll of a team that lost back to back 90 games to a payroll of 100MIL with a minor league that had noone ready to step up..

your excuse of saying other GMs could of done better then what theo has done to this point is just well, dumb and not supported by facts and logics..

their major league team was in shambles and their minor league had no one to replace them, its kind of hard to put a winniing team on the field when your owner wants you to cut payroll by almost 40 mil to not a respectable figure of say 130-160 mil but all the way down to almost 100 MIL and then have to find players decent enough to accept low contracts just to compete..

there isnt a GM in the world that could have that situation and put a winning team on the field

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
there isnt a GM in the world that could have that situation and put a winning team on the field

Yeah there is.

Duquette took over an Orioles team that had lost 90+ games six straight seasons and turned them around into a playoff team in just one offseason and they are continuing their good play again this year.

That is supported by both facts and logic.

It doesn't matter if the payroll had to be lowered or not. There are probably at least a dozen teams with lower payrolls who are putting a better team on the field.

Besides you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

The payroll was not at $140M when he took over.

The payroll for 2011 was $125M.

Yes it has gone down, but he still had plenty of payroll to field a better team then they have now and most of the current roster is players he brought in.

To totally excuse Theo and Co from responsibility for the team on the field because of payroll is ignorant.

As you requested, please stick to the topic of the thread which is the correction of the myth that the Red Sox minor league system was empty when he took it over.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Yeah there is.

Duquette took over an Orioles team that had lost 90+ games six straight seasons and turned them around into a playoff team in just one offseason and they are continuing their good play again this year.

That is supported by both facts and logic.

It doesn't matter if the payroll had to be lowered or not. There are probably at least a dozen teams with lower payrolls who are putting a better team on the field.

Besides you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

The payroll was not at $140M when he took over.

The payroll for 2011 was $125M.

Yes it has gone down, but he still had plenty of payroll to field a better team then they have now and most of the current roster is players he brought in.

To totally excuse Theo and Co from responsibility for the team on the field because of payroll is ignorant.

As you requested, please stick to the topic of the thread which is the correction of the myth that the Red Sox minor league system was empty when he took it over.

Hey KB! I don't think that is Bearz99 like he said. If you go up a few posts, Bearz NEVER would have said that the Cubs could have a solid rotation with Matt Garza in it. Just sayin'.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
i could yawn right back at you..

epstein had to lower payroll by almost 40 MIL and didnt have anybody major league ready to bring up from their system

show me the other GMs who had to come into the exact same situation of lowering a 140MIL payroll of a team that lost back to back 90 games to a payroll of 100MIL with a minor league that had noone ready to step up..

your excuse of saying other GMs could of done better then what theo has done to this point is just well, dumb and not supported by facts and logics..

their major league team was in shambles and their minor league had no one to replace them, its kind of hard to put a winniing team on the field when your owner wants you to cut payroll by almost 40 mil to not a respectable figure of say 130-160 mil but all the way down to almost 100 MIL and then have to find players decent enough to accept low contracts just to compete..

bearz99.

Show me the other GMs that have put a winning ballclub on the field with a payroll of 100 million or less, in the last five years.

Then we can break it down from there.

I'm sure if you had looked before typing your myriad of inaccuracies you wouldn't be so far-out there.

Typical bearz99 logic. It's not just coincidence that bearz99 is hiding behind the new look username, with some minor philosophical changes, and just happened to have come to this board the same time most of the others did here recently. Congats on the new look.

No need for me to remain on topic as the discussion has shifted quite away from the original point of the post. A response hasn't been given from our board genius yet (for good reason), but bearz99 has courageously filled in, and has been off-topic, basicly from jumpstreet.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Cubs2008

Liked Posts:
Sorry guys, but I don't believe for a second that chibears55 is bearsz99. They may have some similarities, but 55 appears to have way less grammatical issues. I think 99 is a total moron and couldn't fake being slightly smarter.

Cubs2008

Liked Posts:

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think I remember Tom saying that Theo had the freedom to do whatever he wanted to do to build the best team he could regardless whether that meant adding or subtracting payroll, within reason of course. I believe it's Theo's plan to tear it down completely and and build the farm system.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Boo, good call on Garza lol

Cubs2008, I wouldnt say way less grammatical errors, that is one of the things that made me think it was bearz99.

That and the complete lack of fundamental baseball knowledge.

I wouldn't say that 55 is any smarter than 99.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Sorry guys, but I don't believe for a second that chibears55 is bearsz99. They may have some similarities, but 55 appears to have way less grammatical issues. I think 99 is a total moron and couldn't fake being slightly smarter.

Nice post 2008.

I couldn't help but laugh my ass off. You very well could be right about this.

I'm still not convinced that it isn't bearz99. You know how bearz99 likes to provide lists also. There's been more evidence that it's him in my opinion.

I do know that the mighty MRubio has been "absent" as of late. He could never keep from posting before and is an Epstein ball-hugger.

It might be a little unfair of me to say that this Martini clown is MRubio hiding behind the shower curtain, but I'll do it anyway.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Boo, good call on Garza lol

Cubs2008, I wouldnt say way less grammatical errors, that is one of the things that made me think it was bearz99.

That and the complete lack of fundamental baseball knowledge.

I wouldn't say that 55 is any smarter than 99.

It has not been difficult trying to distinguish which one is actually smarter than the other.

Which leads me to believe they are one in the same, only now a Wonder Woman cape is being advertised, in place of the Wonder Pets cape before.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theo seems to do well building up farm but we will see how he does rebuilding an whole organization. BOS he was given a 90 win team and told to make a few moves to help them win. 2004 WS was not his. 2007 WS was more his but he had core already put together to help do that. There really no core in CHI right now. We all hope Castro, Rizzo, and Shark are part of core but they been around losing teams so much makes me wonder if they can ever be part of wining teams

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Theo seems to do well building up farm but we will see how he does rebuilding an whole organization. BOS he was given a 90 win team and told to make a few moves to help them win. 2004 WS was not his. 2007 WS was more his but he had core already put together to help do that. There really no core in CHI right now. We all hope Castro, Rizzo, and Shark are part of core but they been around losing teams so much makes me wonder if they can ever be part of wining teams

Theo also seems to do well purchasing players with little to no upside by the truckfulls.

Let's hope they sign Shark to an extension and keep him around. Their penny pinching and lack of wanting to place a playoff type product on the field may force Shark to look elsewhere.

If I was Shark, I'd being looking at getting out of there ASAP.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
This is relevant.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/15001/soxprospects-theos-best-and-worst-picks

I'm not going to sit here and praise Theo because it's pointless. He'll either earn his pay or he wont. However, Pedroia and Ellsbury alone are probably more than Hendry produced over a similar time frame. The only noteworthy guys I see that Hendry had was Ricky Nolasco, Sean Marshall, Jeff Samardzija, Geovany Soto, and Starlin Castro. Whether or not that's "good" enough is debatable. But it really doesn't matter what he did there. It's what he does here.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
What about now, even after a much larger body of evidence ?

I stand by my initial statement.

55 isn't any smarter than 99 when it comes to baseball.

They both are obviously young and easily buy into the company PR campaign instead of being big boys with the capability of independent thought.

His grammar is marginally better than 99. I will give him that.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I stand by my initial statement.

55 isn't any smarter than 99 when it comes to baseball.

They both are obviously young and easily buy into the company PR campaign instead of being big boys with the capability of independent thought.

His grammar is marginally better than 99. I will give him that.

I'm not going to totally concede that 55 isn't 99 trying to reinvent itself.

There are too many similarites, especially in the waterworks categories.

I'm not sure who's in the picture next to what appears to be Dan in the avatar.

Either way I hope that I don't meet him in a dark alley somewhere without wearing my suit of armour.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to totally concede that 55 isn't 99 trying to reinvent itself.

There are too many similarites, especially in the waterworks categories.

I'm not sure who's in the picture next to what appears to be Dan in the avatar.

Either way I hope that I don't meet him in a dark alley somewhere without wearing my suit of armour.

No way is 55 the same as 99, and I'd bet my life on it. 99 never ever would have conceded that Garza was a good pitcher and ought to be extended. He would have still claimed that a Chris Archer in AAA was still a better pitcher than a proven in both leagues........Matt Garza. :popcorn:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
No way is 55 the same as 99, and I'd bet my life on it. 99 never ever would have conceded that Garza was a good pitcher and ought to be extended. He would have still claimed that a Chris Archer in AAA was still a better pitcher than a proven in both leagues........Matt Garza. :popcorn:

You've been eating alot of popcorn lately. I wonder what's going on ?

I would not go as far as to bet my life on it. The crybaby patterns are almost identical along with the posting presentation being at elementary school levels.

Odds are that you're right and this could just be 99's great grandfather.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
You've been eating alot of popcorn lately. I wonder what's going on ?

I would not go as far as to bet my life on it. The crybaby patterns are almost identical along with the posting presentation being at elementary school levels.

Odds are that you're right and this could just be 99's great grandfather.

Yes. But he also has never addressed KB as FISH either. That is another sign. :smug:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Yes. But he also has never addressed KB as FISH either. That is another sign. :smug:

True. I'm going with it being 99's great grandfather. We all seem to agree that 55's grammar is slightly better.:rimshot:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
True. I'm going with it being 99's great grandfather. We all seem to agree that 55's grammar is slightly better.:rimshot:

Did you find Wrig224 quotes on CBS? I had noticed once that he and HurricaneDJ were posting there. What a bounty of conversations that must be. :lmao: