Brandon being Brandon in New York

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That isn't anyone's point. The point is BM can play about 1 year for a team until he begins causing diva, head case, bad team mate issues. I don't think anyone could ever argue his production. The guy is a big time WR. The guy is also a big time whack-job pain in the ass. There is more to being a team mate than production. And how many of the teams that he has produced so much for have made it to the playoffs or well into them?

Sad part is, he has a diagnosed mental disorder yet people act like he should be a angel.....also please name his quarterbacks on the teams he played for? This playoff rhetoric is getting comical....dude has issues but produces with bums behind center.

If that's the case please tell us about Moss, Smith and TO.....how did they make it being distractions?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who wants to start taking bets on Brandon's new team next year? Oakland? Cincinnati? Dallas?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That isn't anyone's point. The point is BM can play about 1 year for a team until he begins causing diva, head case, bad team mate issues. I don't think anyone could ever argue his production. The guy is a big time WR. The guy is also a big time whack-job pain in the ass. There is more to being a team mate than production. And how many of the teams that he has produced so much for have made it to the playoffs or well into them?

I'll take the guy who can talk shit and then back it up. Plus you're talking about Revis here. He apparently talks more shit on defense than anyone. What we have are two alpha dogs in camp figuring who is the BEAST of the field. These two probably had been yaking at each other all camp.

On another note, that Jets offense is going to be pretty damn good. I watched a little of their camp yesterday on the NFL Network and they look good on both sides of the ball.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll take the guy who can talk shit and then back it up. Plus you're talking about Revis here. He apparently talks more shit on defense than anyone. What we have are two alpha dogs in camp figuring who is the BEAST of the field. These two probably had been yaking at each other all camp.

On another note, that Jets offense is going to be pretty damn good. I watched a little of their camp yesterday on the NFL Network and they look good on both sides of the ball.

Yeah they'll look good against a mediocre defense...then look like shit when Fitz has to face a real defense....

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You may take a guy who can talk shit and backs it up (and, really, its more than that and we all know it) but that doesn't mean NFL HC or GMs will~as proven by his inability to stay on a team even though he puts up gaudy numbers.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sad part is, he has a diagnosed mental disorder yet people act like he should be a angel.....also please name his quarterbacks on the teams he played for? This playoff rhetoric is getting comical....dude has issues but produces with bums behind center.

If that's the case please tell us about Moss, Smith and TO.....how did they make it being distractions?

No one is asking or even infering that BM should be an "angel". His mental disorder is recognized and unfortunate.

Moss and TO couldn't stay on a team, either. They "made it", without any championships by the way, the same way BM has "made it" with incredible talent and ability. I would agree with everyone that the Bears would have benefited with any of the examples you gave. But diva WRs have to be managed, they bring challenges to the coaching staff and team. Some teams are not in the position with leadership, management, veteran leadership, coaching, program stability etc... to be able to handle a diva WR even though they produce. I didn't want BM to leave the Bears; I have been consistent with that position.

But I do understand, whether I agree with it 100% or not, why they chose to let him go. And, to that point, does anyone know why the Bears gave up BM and a 7th for a 5th? Because that is what the market would bear, that is what he was worth, they couldn't get anything more!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
lol, the comments below the article. Jets fans already tired of Brandon and are drawing up trade proposals.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18346534/sheldon-richardson-new-york-jets-says-brandon-marshall-embarrassed-loss-new-england-patriots

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New York Jets showed signs of fracturing on Saturday in the aftermath of their 41-3 loss to the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

Sheldon Richardson ripped teammate Brandon Marshall, and Leonard Williams said the team wasn't prepared and was "going through the motions."

This doesn't bode well for coach Todd Bowles, whose job could be in danger. The Jets dropped to 4-11 on the season.

The Marshall-Richardson feud, which began early in the season, was sparked again on Saturday, when Marshall said the 38-point loss was "embarrassing."

Minutes later, Richardson was asked by reporters if he felt the same way.

"He should be embarrassed," said Richardson, confirming he meant Marshall.

Why should Marshall be embarrassed?

"No reason," Richardson said. "He just should be. He knows what he did."

Richardson declined to provide specifics.

The two players have a history. They engaged in a heated exchange in the locker room after the Week 3 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs; the incident was so intense that Bowles addressed it immediately with the entire team.

A few days ago, Marshall apparently angered Richardson by commenting on Richardson's vulgar Snapchat video, which drew the wrath of Bowles and likely resulted in a fine.

Echoing Bowles' comments on the video, Marshall called it "unacceptable."

"I don't care what that guy says," Richardson said, commenting on whether he was upset by Marshall's take on the Snapchat.

Richardson and Marshall are two of the most outspoken players on the team. One player described their relationship as "tense."

Richardson left little doubt how he feels about Marshall. Asked if he respects the receiver, Richardson said, "Personally? Yeah. Professionally?"

He shrugged, as if to say no.

The Jets were blown out for the third time in the past four weeks, prompting questions about whether the team has quit on Bowles.

"Guys just weren't ready to play," Williams, the team's most promising star, told ESPN.com. "We didn't really play with a lot of passion, a lot of enthusiasm. It seemed like we were out there going through the motions.

"Me, personally, I play hard every game. I know a lot of other guys on this team do, but some people are probably looking past the season, thinking that it's over and stuff like that."

Williams said he doesn't think Bowles should be blamed for that.

"He does a good job of reminding us and telling us what to do, but it's just like a parent," Williams said. "You can constantly tell your kid to stay out of trouble, but they're going to get in trouble sometimes. It's the same type of thing. But you can't fault him."

Muhammad Wilkerson echoed the sentiment.

"The things we've been talking about all year, about miscommunications and guys not having energy and passion ... it's still going on," he said.

Asked specifically about the energy level, Wilkerson said, "It could've been better. That's all I'm going to say about that."

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18346534/sheldon-richardson-new-york-jets-says-brandon-marshall-embarrassed-loss-new-england-patriots

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New York Jets showed signs of fracturing on Saturday in the aftermath of their 41-3 loss to the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

Sheldon Richardson ripped teammate Brandon Marshall, and Leonard Williams said the team wasn't prepared and was "going through the motions."

This doesn't bode well for coach Todd Bowles, whose job could be in danger. The Jets dropped to 4-11 on the season.

The Marshall-Richardson feud, which began early in the season, was sparked again on Saturday, when Marshall said the 38-point loss was "embarrassing."

Minutes later, Richardson was asked by reporters if he felt the same way.

"He should be embarrassed," said Richardson, confirming he meant Marshall.

Why should Marshall be embarrassed?

"No reason," Richardson said. "He just should be. He knows what he did."

Richardson declined to provide specifics.

The two players have a history. They engaged in a heated exchange in the locker room after the Week 3 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs; the incident was so intense that Bowles addressed it immediately with the entire team.

A few days ago, Marshall apparently angered Richardson by commenting on Richardson's vulgar Snapchat video, which drew the wrath of Bowles and likely resulted in a fine.

Echoing Bowles' comments on the video, Marshall called it "unacceptable."

"I don't care what that guy says," Richardson said, commenting on whether he was upset by Marshall's take on the Snapchat.

Richardson and Marshall are two of the most outspoken players on the team. One player described their relationship as "tense."

Richardson left little doubt how he feels about Marshall. Asked if he respects the receiver, Richardson said, "Personally? Yeah. Professionally?"

He shrugged, as if to say no.

The Jets were blown out for the third time in the past four weeks, prompting questions about whether the team has quit on Bowles.

"Guys just weren't ready to play," Williams, the team's most promising star, told ESPN.com. "We didn't really play with a lot of passion, a lot of enthusiasm. It seemed like we were out there going through the motions.

"Me, personally, I play hard every game. I know a lot of other guys on this team do, but some people are probably looking past the season, thinking that it's over and stuff like that."

Williams said he doesn't think Bowles should be blamed for that.

"He does a good job of reminding us and telling us what to do, but it's just like a parent," Williams said. "You can constantly tell your kid to stay out of trouble, but they're going to get in trouble sometimes. It's the same type of thing. But you can't fault him."

Muhammad Wilkerson echoed the sentiment.

"The things we've been talking about all year, about miscommunications and guys not having energy and passion ... it's still going on," he said.

Asked specifically about the energy level, Wilkerson said, "It could've been better. That's all I'm going to say about that."

The jets are where the Bears were at two years ago. New coach, getting blown out every game, teammates turning on each other. If there is one positive you say about fox it's that he has this team playing hard and everyone seems to have bought in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The jets are where the Bears were at two years ago. New coach, getting blown out every game, teammates turning on each other. If there is one positive you say about fox it's that he has this team playing hard and everyone seems to have bought in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Brandon is at the heart of it again.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The bears are gonna win and get a worse pick than the Jets aren't they?

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears are gonna win and get a worse pick than the Jets aren't they?

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

So Marshall has nothing to do with a bad locker room? John Clayton reported a couple weeks ago the Jets are having locker room issues. Marshall doesn't know when to shut up.