Brandon Marshall "It's Over"

xcutioner1977

Liked Posts:
“[Did] you see those highlights? Man, that was probably one of the most demoralizing games I’ve been in,” Marshall said, via quotes distributed by Showtime. “I mean, I’m at a loss for words. I think everyone is at this point. . . . When adversity hits, what type of person are you going to be? Are you going to give up or are you going to fight? And that’s where we are at right now. . . . Life is tough right now. You know, walking outside, going to the grocery stores, looking at the fans in the eyes. This is bad all around.”

b.marsh should be the only 1 looking fans in the eyes he is only 1 still trying on this team

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is that Remy?:lmao:

That's nwfisch fishing for posts with a pointy stick.

This is Remy.
Spiral-Eyes.jpg

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
On PTI tonight they said Marshall praised Trestman. WTF?

Glowingly on Waddle and Silvy. Said he was better than Shanny and Philbin. Philbin was the Dolphins coach right?

Liked Posts:
I know it seems inconsequential but maybe not so much. Teams have ways of regulating themselves and allowing them to do so, is allowing the players to also experience a sense of equity. The flip side is that it can go too far like in Miami last year. But I thought it was a curious decision to suspend Bennett when he rag dolled Fuller in training camp because Fuller clotheslined him. I thought Trestman overreacted and stepped in to favor a rookie over a vet. Yeah, there might have been other problems with Bennett but the general impact is that vets might start to feel that it's about Trestman and not them.

Liked Posts:
b.marsh should be the only 1 looking fans in the eyes he is only 1 still trying on this team

Please. Marshall is the one who was self-servingly lobbying for the Bears to sign Cutler last year, knowing that Cutler forces him the ball. When he looks them in the eyes he should be telling them that he was selfish and is sorry for adding to the problem by lobbying for Cutler last year.

EcuadorianBearFan

Liked Posts:
Do you Really think that Marshall was trying to get more TD;s by lobbying for Cutler? Or do you think he might have just thought that he was the man for the job like a lot of people in this forum did or some still think. Sad part is, no matter what the answer is, the whole team should be lobbying for their qb. because thats what you do when you believe in your leader. If Cutler was a leader everyone in that locker room would have been lobbying for him, and not just one player. To me its shows heart and giving a fuck about a team whos fanbase is starting to leave the sinking ship.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
This team has given up plain and simple, it was evident by the 2nd quarter of the packers game. They don't believe in each-other and they don't believe in themselves and it is more evident everyday we don't have the leadership to drag them out of this.

When a head coach accepts mediocrity then mediocrity is what you get.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Emery was previously known as very good scout. I'm wondering if that's his ceiling. He seems to still be a good scout. Yes, he's missed on some draft picks and FA's, but he's done an overall nice job of improving the talent on the roster from where it was at when he took over.

That said, I'm questioning his "business" decisions, like the Jay Cutler contract, like passing over BA or other coaches for Trestman, etc. It makes me think that they need to change Teddy's title and bring in a real football PRESIDENT that can either help Emery with those business decisions or just make those decisions w/o Emery's input. Would a Bill Polian, or someone like him be useful in steering the ship and allowing Emery to focus the actual talent acquisition & not contracts, etc.?

I think Trestman is probably a great man, father & husband. He's proven he's an excellent QB coach. But he's not a good fit for the position he's in now, in the city of Chicago. The Bears franchise needs a coach that's going to bring back the "Bears Mentality" of toughness and physical play.

Aggressive, physical, smash-mouth football needs to be brought back to Chicago. On defense, offense and special teams. No matter the scheme, no matter the personnel, the biggest thing the Chicago Bears need is toughness and physicality.

I'd love to see a smash-mouth offense like San Fran or Seattle. Bring back the classic power running game and then chuck it once the defense has crowded the line. Same goes for the defense. Dominate the LOS, smother the opponent. Punch people in the mouth.

There needs to be some controlled rage from the Bears players on the field. There's no indication of that with this group. This team is just plain soft - not to mention, BAD!

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It's gonna take like 5 fucking years to change the composition and mentality of this football team. You want smash mouth football? Do we even have a single smash mouth player on this roster?

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Not many, but there are a few. Kyle Long, Matt Slauson, Marty B, Ratliff, maybe Fuller?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall is recovered. Something like this isn't going to trip him up. Can we move on from this notion? Or are we all going to turn into Bernstein?

How is he recovered? He has a life long mental illness. This isn't something that you can cure or fix moron.