Braxton Jones and Zachary Thomas

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But to this point PIB I can agree get on board with. Just not with the way the board fell in the 2nd. The online talent left between 39-48 was pretty underwhelming. I'd they could have secured a trade down then perhaps.
That’s fair, I personally would have used the first 2nd round pick on Pickens then traded down with our second one depending on the board

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Traded down, got a lot more draft picks and picked up 3 O-lineman, thus far.

Can the crying stop for a day now?

i think it's smart getting a bunch of 7ths....you dont' have to hope they sign as undrafted free agents, you control your destiny

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Traded down, got a lot more draft picks and picked up 3 O-lineman, thus far.

Can the crying stop for a day now?

No because once again we have our trenches lined with low rounders. What makes you think this is going to work out differently this time when it hasn't worked in 30 years? Poles' plan was sealed yesterday, today changes nothing. Of course he picked up players he needs to field a team this year.

Low rounds doesn't mean they're all crap, but I've seen the results of this plan for many years. I need to see different results before I'm sold on the genius of packing the trenches with players nobody wanted to protect the most important player.

50% of the top 10 were offense. 50% of the 1st round was offense. The rest of the NFL does not value offense as low as Bears fans do.

Maybe Poles is going to be willing to cut his 6th & 7th round trenchers as he can pick up better and these are just bodies plugging holes. Maybe he's a low round oline picking god. But since we are seeing the same thing that has always happened I'm thinking we're going to be stuck with J'taco and all the other bums we got stuck with. I bet we get told how great the new Massie and Leno are while tackling our own QB, we'll ignore upgrading oline because there are needs that are "BPA" elsewhere. We spent our oline draft capital in 2022.
And yes men fans like you will eat it up.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That’s fair, I personally would have used the first 2nd round pick on Pickens then traded down with our second one depending on the board
Yeah there's something up with Pickens. He's a prototypical X with first round ability. Guys like that don't get past pick 32 let alone pick 50. But I guess if you're Pittsburgh you've dealt with it all, from Big Ben's scandal to Antonio Brown and Ju-Ju. Heck, even Claypool started acting a fool last season.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After the run on O linemen in the 1st, you would have used two picks in the 2nd on O Linemen?

It's safe to say you're not a believer in picking Best Player Available?
To me BPA is great when you have a good team already, the bears aren’t even decent especially on offense

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is how bad teams stay bad ie chasing needs and passing on BPA.
Teams also need to focus on spots where their team lacks. The falcons did BPA last draft and got Pitts, now their starting QB is the Raiders back up QB

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Teams also need to focus on spots where their team lacks. The falcons did BPA last draft and got Pitts, now their starting QB is the Raiders back up QB
That's great but the bears had exactly one starting caliber outside CB on the roster in Johnson. And also a a nice big hole at safety. So it's not like Poles picked BPA at positions they are already stacked at.

This roster has holes everywhere on both sides. You could throw a dart at the draft board and likely hit a position of need.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's great but the bears had exactly one starting caliber outside CB on the roster in Johnson. And also a a nice big hole at safety. So it's not like Poles picked BPA at positions they are already stacked at.

This roster has holes everywhere on both sides. You could throw a dart at the draft board and likely hit a position of need.
Which is fucking sad

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Lol I dont think taking Pitts had anything to so with that.

rayer kay

Liked Posts:
Sure Bears are thin in OL. But maybe consider for a moment that Flus and Poles had time to evaluate the team and felt the two rookies, one being a 2nd from last year, have a legit chance to start. Whereas the secondary had more severe holes. If Jenkins and Borom can start then we are really talking about 1 OL or depth. Whitehair can play and our new center is good. It is weird how much conviction people have that another 2nd round OL pick, who might not even be as good as Jenkins would change the Bears fortunes. It is not like Bears had a 1st round oick and a chance at a top surefire OL starter.

I like Poles draft. The two secondary are very promising and are good tacklers something Bears desperately needed in secondary. The big ? is Velus. But if he pans out and Poles can pick up an OL vet or two and maybe even another WR I think the offseason will be a huge success. Plus Bears are going into next year with a 1st and lots of cap space.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sure Bears are thin in OL. But maybe consider for a moment that Flus and Poles had time to evaluate the team and felt the two rookies, one being a 2nd from last year, have a legit chance to start. Whereas the secondary had more severe holes. If Jenkins and Borom can start then we are really talking about 1 OL or depth. Whitehair can play and our new center is good. It is weird how much conviction people have that another 2nd round OL pick, who might not even be as good as Jenkins would change the Bears fortunes. It is not like Bears had a 1st round oick and a chance at a top surefire OL starter.

I like Poles draft. The two secondary are very promising and are good tacklers something Bears desperately needed in secondary. The big ? is Velus. But if he pans out and Poles can pick up an OL vet or two and maybe even another WR I think the offseason will be a huge success. Plus Bears are going into next year with a 1st and lots of cap space.

I think we have 15 oline. We should have depth covered.
I'd plan on Jenkins and Borom somewhere but that's not really how Poles has sounded.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Ahh you are correct , name ten in the 5th

I can’t name specific players, but someone did an analysis of the round every NFL starter was drafted in since 2014 and it comes out like this by round:

RoundFreq.PercentCuml
Undrafted8113.699.8
Supplemental10.2100.0
Total595100