BREAKING NEWS: Roquan Smith Wants OUT!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see the contradiction. He's playing on a contract that he signed when drafted. Nobody is forcing him to do anything. If he doesn't like it, he can sit out, pay fines, and forfeit checks. Pretty simple. It has nothing to do with how good or bad the team is.

He is schedule to make a nice chunk of money this year. Far more than any of us. I have no sympathy for him and he's not being forced into anything. He's overplaying his hand and an agent would tell him so. He's the "best" player on a bad team. It doesn't mean you are worth a bunch of money.

I hope there is somebody out there that agrees with his self worth so we can trade him and get something for him. Time to move on and improve the team long term.
No every other player in this situation with agents did the the same thing and was either extended or traded.

I never claimed sympathy. I said trade him as not worth it for a guy playing a non valued position.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Are you implying they knew the trade request was coming so they would sign & start some street FA? Lmao
The timing seems a little suspect, doesn't it?

And yeah its an off-ball linebacker. So what if its a street free agent. The whole point here is that Javin White and Roquan Smith won't make a big difference in the overall team success.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m becoming a Poles fan, he is being smart not paying Smith too LB $. Now he needs to trade him quickly to end the distraction.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I'm probably in the minority, but this team needs a complete ground up rebuild, and paying a fortune to someone who isn't a QB, LT, pass rusher or CB doesn't seem like a big priority to me right now. Get as much for him as you can and use the capital to prioritize key positions. Too much need there to bend over backwards for a linebacker.

Pretty much what is being said on Sirium/XM and what a lot of posters are saying. Even ESPN 1000 is leaning this way.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are a moron. Why do you keep telling us to shut up and do it? We don't work for the Bears, but I think the overwhelming opinion on this thread is that people don't side with Smith. They might eventually trade him, but this isn't Madden and won't be completed this morning.

Wait Bears fans side with Bears management? You think that means anything.

I keep saying shut up and do it because you guys don't really believe what you are saying. You are saying he has little value but them still arguing he should honor the contract.

If his value is what you claim then no reason to not trade him. What are you going to do next year? Franchise a guy with little value? It makes no sense. Again we aren't winning shit this year so no point keeping him if we don't value him enough to sign.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
No every other player in this situation with agents did the the same thing and was either extended or signed a new deal.

I never claimed sympathy. I said trade him as not worth it for a guy playing a non valued position.

Not that I ever give the Bears credit for being smart, but everybody else doing it doesn't make it the right choice in this specific situation. The Bears have so many holes and are so far away from being a team that can contend for anything that paying a LB a ton of money would be so dumb. I applaud them for playing hard ball. Now trade him for what you can get and move on. Use the draft capital and cap savings to try to build a good team.........again!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The timing seems a little suspect, doesn't it?

And yeah its an off-ball linebacker. So what if its a street free agent. The whole point here is that Javin White and Roquan Smith won't make a big difference in the overall team success.

So why keep him? Trade him for whatever you can get.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Wait Bears fans side with Bears management? You think that means anything.

I keep saying shut up and do it because you guys don't really believe what you are saying. You are saying he has little value but them still arguing he should honor the contract.

If his value is what you claim then no reason to not trade him. What are you going to do next year? Franchise a guy with little value? It makes no sense. Again we aren't winning shit this year so no point keeping him if we don't value him enough to sign.

In case you have terrible reading comprehension, I have already said trade him. Move on. Take the draft capital and cap savings and work with that. Smith is not a difference maker. Move on.

Is that clear enough?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have a shit ton of cap space with a shitty FA class coming up next year. But stonewall your best player, and wait to overpay some lesser FA talent next year.

Yup, makes a ton of sense to me...........

Just another Bears 1st round draft picks that wont see a second contract. Terrible precedent to set to inspire FA to want to come to the Bears.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not that I ever give the Bears credit for being smart, but everybody else doing it doesn't make it the right choice in this specific situation. The Bears have so many holes and are so far away from being a team that can contend for anything that paying a LB a ton of money would be so dumb. I applaud them for playing hard ball. Now trade him for what you can get and move on. Use the draft capital and cap savings to try to build a good team.........again!

Not claiming it is the right choice. I am saying don't lie and pretend what he is ding is because he doesn't have an agent. Again he is doing what most do in his situation. Doesn't mean we need to pay him bit should lie to try and make your argument sound better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In case you have terrible reading comprehension, I have already said trade him. Move on. Take the draft capital and cap savings and work with that. Smith is not a difference maker. Move on.

Is that clear enough?

Earlier you went into all this nonsense about how he should honor his contract so no it was not clear before.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Say what you want about pace, but he'd never disrespect the best player on the team like that.

Poles needs to fix this....cuz wtf
Agreed, Pace never underpaid a single FA or re-signing

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
View attachment 21532
IDK, great question lmaoooo
Please shut up and lets get this thread back on track, this is very important stuff.
I wonder how much longer it will take me to get to the 5,000 dislikes you've given me?! I'm maybe around 500-700 so i'm thinking a very long time, but at least you can keep crying to Rush and Penny to get them to remove the dislikes i give you. LOL

Carry on now

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears have a shit ton of cap space with a shitty FA class coming up next year. But stonewall your best player, and wait to overpay some lesser FA talent next year.

Yup, makes a ton of sense to me...........

Just another Bears 1st round draft picks that wont see a second contract. Terrible president to set to inspire FA to want to come to the Bears.

We aren't winning shit this year so if Quan wants 20m, I have no problem trading him. I have a fuck ton of money. Doesn't mean I am going to spend it on a $200 hamburger just because I can afford it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Screenshot_20220809-100229.jpg

This is just well, a stupid take. 5 out of those 6 had an injury history very early in their career and two of them had big-time injuries in college with high potential for degenerative issues associated with their respective injuries. I love people who have zero idea how to use context when trying to pass off evidence for, or against an argument.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are you saying the Bears org would never do this?

Its possible that the Bears also have zero intention of extending Smith or that Smith told this to the Bears before it was announced to the world.

I highly doubt their plan was expecting a signing of this bum to get him to sign.