[Brett Kollmann] Harold Landry I think he's a double-digit sack guy from day one.

Liked Posts:
Never seen a Red Sox and Celtics fan who was not a Patriots fan as well.

You should have seen the upstate NY & NE areas back in 1985, shortly before & after the 1985 Super Bowl. I swear that there was definitively more people routing for the Bears & sporting Bears gear over here in this upstate NY/NE region, than there were Patriots fans at the time.

I've never seen anything like it since. I've never seen a franchise in any sport, endorsed & embraced by an entire nation like the Bears were in 1985. Not the Cowboys, not the Pats, not the Packers, not the Giants or 49ers were ever as beloved as the 1985 Bears were, in my lifetime of fandom. Again, I've yet to see anything like it since.

When I became a fan of all three teams in 85-86, I was 10 years old & those were the 3 hot teams at that time, & they were the 3 bandwagons I jumped on & have been on ever since.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
You should have seen the upstate NY & NE areas back in 1985, shortly before & after the 1985 Super Bowl. I swear that there was definitively more people routing for the Bears & sporting Bears gear over here in this upstate NY/NE region, than there were Patriots fans at the time.

When I became a fan of all three teams in 85-86, I was 10 years old & those were the 3 hot teams at that time, & they were the 3 bandwagons I jumped on & have been on ever since.

That would be blasphemy if you actually lived in Boston :yep: :lmao:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd be ok with Landry but only if Pace trades back to the second half of round 1 or if he falls to round 2. In any manner I really hope that the Bears don't just address OLB, we equally need a an ILB also that can develop into basically the QB of the defense as well & future WILL- ILB. Kwiatkowski is is not the answer at the SAM ILB, & Trevethan is good but not great & is also developing a pattern of injury.

I'd be fine with a kid like Landry in the latter half of round 1, but the Bears do need another ILB as well & if they were a quality player at both positions I believe this defense goes from a top 10 to a top 3 defense.

If Pace moved back & took Landry at OLB & then a kid like Rashaan Evans for ILB, then look out your suddenly going to have scary defensive unit on your hands right at it's core & foundation where it should be.

I'm 100% with you on the need of a ILB to play next to Trevathon and have Kwiat as a really good 3rd ILB. I'd rather we just sign N.Bowmann for a couple of years then use a top pick at ILB but if no Bowmann then i'm down with ILB in the 1st or 2nd round and getting a legit edge rusher and a legit ILB would give this defense a huge jump.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Draft is this Thursday correct? I'm not sure I can go much longer......:)

Just the 1st round in Thursday which i hate. We wait all this time for the draft and then we get one round with usually one draft pick and then the wait until the 2nd/3rd round is brutally slow.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'd be ok with Landry but only if Pace trades back to the second half of round 1 or if he falls to round 2. In any manner I really hope that the Bears don't just address OLB, we equally need a an ILB also that can develop into basically the QB of the defense as well & future WILL- ILB. Kwiatkowski is is not the answer at the SAM ILB, & Trevethan is good but not great & is also developing a pattern of injury.

I'd be fine with a kid like Landry in the latter half of round 1, but the Bears do need another ILB as well & if they were a quality player at both positions I believe this defense goes from a top 10 to a top 3 defense.

If Pace moved back & took Landry at OLB & then a kid like Rashaan Evans for ILB, then look out your suddenly going to have scary defensive unit on your hands right at it's core & foundation where it should be.

What makes you say Kwiat is not the answer at SAM ILB? Personally, I think Kwiat is a really good role player, and quite frankly we don’t need a superstar at the SAM position imo. I certainly wouldn’t want to spend a top 10 draft pick on a SAM LB.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
What makes you say Kwiat is not the answer at SAM ILB? Personally, I think Kwiat is a really good role player, and quite frankly we don’t need a superstar at the SAM position imo. I certainly wouldn’t want to spend a top 10 draft pick on a SAM LB.

SAM is the outside backer opposite of Floyd. Think McPhee or Ahmad Brooks opposite Aldon Smith

Mike and Jack are the two inside backers in the 30 fronts.

Liked Posts:
That would be blasphemy if you actually lived in Boston :yep: :lmao:

Ive come to find recently that the most annoying fans on earth are Patriot, RedSox, & Yankee homers from the cities of Boston & NY. I could really give a rats ass on what any of them think.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Just the 1st round in Thursday which i hate. We wait all this time for the draft and then we get one round with usually one draft pick and then the wait until the 2nd/3rd round is brutally slow.

I get the dog and pony show for the first rounders, but after that the Networks just drag it out, talking about every single prospect until they get to around the 5th round, and then they do not keep up with the actual picks.

It is almost better to tune it out on Friday and Saturday until all the picks are in. But of course, I will get the updates on my phone and have to go look them up and see what CCS has to say about the newest member of the Chicago Bears.

Liked Posts:

It's really simple actually when you look at the Bears LBs & the types of talent Fangio had at ILB in San Francisco. Theres a big disparity between Bowman & Willis & Kwiat & Trevethan.

Kwiat looks like a solid player & impact special teamer, but not anything special.

Speed

Liked Posts:
This guy is delusional if he thinks Landry gets taken in the top 10.... chances are Landry will not even go in the top 15.

Landry is a beast. He disengages from blocks like nobody else, has the most short area explosion, understands leverage etc... He doesn't just let himself get blocked and taken out of the play easily. He does need to add more moves, but I think he's better than you're giving him credit for. Definitely don't see him outside of the Top 15.

baredown

Liked Posts:
This guy is delusional if he thinks Landry gets taken in the top 10.... chances are Landry will not even go in the top 15.
Pro Football Focus has him rated as the top edge prospect. It will be interesting because there are some players where there is a wide divergence between what the draftniks predict and what real NFL scouts think.

Just pointing out the obvious that Kollmann is far closer to the draftnik end of the spectrum than the real NFL team talent evaluation end. He's a media background guy. None of us have a clue what any of the NFL personnel departments really think. They are all very good at being extremely quiet about their talent evaluations. The closest thing we all have access to are former NFL talent evaluation guys now working over on the media side, of which Mayock & Jeremiah seem to be the best and most insightful. Mayock hasn't released his top 50 ranking list yet (usually does so during draft week...), but he does have Davenport ranked 2nd of his DE guys, with Landry 3rd. Jeremiah has Edmunds ranked 6th, Davenport 12th, and Landry 36th, in his current top 50 overall ranking list. Personally, I'd be more inclined to follow what those guys think than what Kollmann does...

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
If he can add some more weight i would be interested in him as a pass rusher but it would be nice to throw him into mis-match packages playing LB and confuse offenses.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Ive come to find recently that the most annoying fans on earth are Patriot, RedSox, & Yankee homers from the cities of Boston & NY. I could really give a rats ass on what any of them think.

I have lived in ne for nearly the entire dynasty....watching it implode will be the most enjoyable time .....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
ive come to find recently that the most annoying fans on earth are patriot, redsox, & yankee homers from the cities of boston & ny. I could really give a rats ass on what any of them think.

go mets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I get the dog and pony show for the first rounders, but after that the Networks just drag it out, talking about every single prospect until they get to around the 5th round, and then they do not keep up with the actual picks.

It is almost better to tune it out on Friday and Saturday until all the picks are in. But of course, I will get the updates on my phone and have to go look them up and see what CCS has to say about the newest member of the Chicago Bears.

Unfortunately for me i'll sit and watch really close to the entire draft wasting my weekend on it. I'll most likely record it on both espn and nfl netwrok to be able to scan through a lot of it but i actually like to hear what all the different analysts have to say about players especially the guys we drafted obviously.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Why call getting injuried his senior year a one year wonder?

I was asking a question. I’ve read articles saying that’s he’s a risk because he only has one year of production. That’s all.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
After watching Landry it seems he may go to a 4-3 team that will use him a bit more as a pure pass rusher. Or a 3-4 team that will designate him as a pass rusher only. I suppose it is possible that fangio may do that but that really isn't his preferred method in utilizing his OLBs. He seems to prefer that be able to go into pass coverage as well. Right now Floyd is doing a shit-ton of pass coverage and it stops him from being more of a pass rusher. I'd like to see a bit more of a rangey guy that can play standing up more often so fangio can alternate his pass rush and coverage.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
SAM is the outside backer opposite of Floyd. Think McPhee or Ahmad Brooks opposite Aldon Smith

Mike and Jack are the two inside backers in the 30 fronts.

Well, what I mean to say is that Kwiat is an effective ILB. I was just re-quoting the original poster.