Brian Baldinger breaks down RB David Montgomery [Video]

Speed

Liked Posts:
Somebody coached him up very well, plus he has the feel to go with it. You can tell he was drilled to always make a move on the guy instead of always just ramming forward.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
This move made me a believer.

I was a huge believer before, but his preseason performance was even better than I expected.

The spin move, the jump stop at the goal line, and the high step when he caught the ball and was trying to juke the defender were all remarkable feats of athleticism and balance. As much as I loved Howard, he would've ran right into the Panthers' DLine on that goal line situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Montgomery gets these stats by the end of the year: 1,200 yards rush, 400 yards rec, 12 TDs. Offensive Rookie of the Year.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I believe that the Montgomery bandwagon is going to get crowded by the end of the season.

Enjoy the best seat in the house.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
22.5:1 now for OROY. Was 25:1.
95:1 for rushing title. Worth $10 flyer just for the fun of watching things like things & excitement as it plays out.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I'm intrigued more by him after that first pre-season game than I was before, but I'm still not sure he has the highest ceiling with that speed. As quick and elusive as he is, his 4.7 YPC wasn't extraordinary, relative to many other star RB's in the NFL while they were in college (who were mostly well over 5, and in some cases close to 6 YPC.)

I think he can still be really good, but I wonder how many 20-30+ yard runs we're going to see from him over his career as a Bear. That was something Jordan Howard really struggled with, and Matt Nagy's offense thrives on those explosive plays. I'm anxious to find out, though. I'm impressed with his skillset.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I'm intrigued more by him after that first pre-season game than I was before, but I'm still not sure he has the highest ceiling with that speed. As quick and elusive as he is, his 4.7 YPC wasn't extraordinary, relative to many other star RB's in the NFL while they were in college (who were mostly well over 5, and in some cases close to 6 YPC.)

I think he can still be really good, but I wonder how many 20-30+ yard runs we're going to see from him over his career as a Bear. That was something Jordan Howard really struggled with, and Matt Nagy's offense thrives on those explosive plays. I'm anxious to find out, though. I'm impressed with his skillset.
He had the worst offensive line in college football how many times are retards going to say 4.7 ypc on this forum

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
All the questions people have about his YPC... has anyone looked at each run and tried to break the season down run-by-run? I hear a lot say his o-line sucked.. if that is truly the culprit of his low YPC a certain percentage of his runs could be removed from the equation....

People who just look at a YPC and make judgement are wrong to do so. This gives no real context. If this is the only thing of his game that gives concern I as a fan am not worried.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy is more interested in this stat: 3 rec, 30 yards. But yes, Oline is a huge factor. Even WR blocking downfield is a factor.

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
I love Baldinger's videos. I think breakdown is a bit generous description of his videos though unless you like technical terms such as "you just know" and "tough to bring down"

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He had the worst offensive line in college football how many times are retards going to say 4.7 ypc on this forum
I'm sorry I did not realize critiquing Bears players on an internet forum was a sore subject for you. I'll be sure to issue a trigger warning next time.

Have a nice day.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry I did not realize critiquing Bears players on an internet forum was a sore subject for you. I'll be sure to issue a trigger warning next time.

Have a nice day.
Maybe if i wanted to join the bears short bus forum... I would.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
All the questions people have about his YPC... has anyone looked at each run and tried to break the season down run-by-run? I hear a lot say his o-line sucked.. if that is truly the culprit of his low YPC a certain percentage of his runs could be removed from the equation....

People who just look at a YPC and make judgement are wrong to do so. This gives no real context. If this is the only thing of his game that gives concern I as a fan am not worried.
Yes for a majority you don't need to see every game. literally watch a few games to understand.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So you’re calling people “retards” for not knowing something you just completely made up. And who’s the “Special person” again?

napo55

Liked Posts:

Have a nice day.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people on this forum who seem to think insults are a form of argument. But many are probably children who don't understand it's ok to to disagree without attacking the person you disagree with.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No one mentioned where Baldy said he was Kareem Hunt?