Briggs Coming Back?

jc456

Liked Posts:
It doesn't bug me. You made a statement and I countered and then you counter and so on and so forth. It's a debate.

the debate was over pages ago. now it's you merely crying because you feel you are the only side that counts. See I can see it both ways, instead, I choose to go with the standard logic of a new regime and old players don't match. But that's just me. You'll not change my mind. You have tried for pages again, and you keep showing your emotions rather than logic. IMO. I don't believe the Bear organization will install a D using older washed up players. I'd think they'd like to be successful off the bat rather than staying in the past. They wish to move forward instead of going backward. IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@ FatBabies,

Not sure one can conclude whether none of that applies to the Bears or not. Lance is a former 7 time pro bowler. He certainly has the pedigree to be an exception. The question is whether the past 2 years were mostly due to a decline in skills or whether it was due to issues with Trestman and the coaches. That's ultimately what Fox and Fangio need to figure out. Given the reaching out to Urlacher, I get the sense Fox isn't going to be making decisions based on how players felt about Trestman.

As for food, I live in KC now so struggling to find good ethnic food spots as they aren't as numerous as they are in bigger cities (lived mostly in Boston, London, and Tokyo before KC). Although most of the places in London were atrocious as they tend to be very bland as they cater to the British palette but you could always find a few spots that people actually from Southeast Asia or India ate at.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the debate was over pages ago. now it's you merely crying because you feel you are the only side that counts. See I can see it both ways, instead, I choose to go with the standard logic of a new regime and old players don't match. But that's just me. You'll not change my mind. You have tried for pages again, and you keep showing your emotions rather than logic. IMO. I don't believe the Bear organization will install a D using older washed up players. I'd think they'd like to be successful off the bat rather than staying in the past. They wish to move forward instead of going backward. IMO.

If the debate is over why are you still responding to me? I don't know what Fox and Fangio will do as I don't presume to know how they think. Just know it's likely they will rely more on dumb generalities about old players as I presume professional head coaches will do their jobs and review things like game film before making decisions.

jc456

Liked Posts:
If the debate is over why are you still responding to me? I don't know what Fox and Fangio will do as I don't presume to know how they think. Just know it's likely they will rely more on dumb generalities about old players as I presume professional head coaches will do their jobs and review things like game film before making decisions.

" I don't know what Fox and Fangio will do as I don't presume to know how they think. "
yep, I completely agree with this statement. But then you go here:

"Just know it's likely they will rely more on dumb generalities about old players as I presume professional head coaches will do their jobs and review things like game film before making decisions"

So you state you don't know, then proceed to tell me you know. How does that work my friend?

See, what you think you want to say and what you want to believe are two different things. You can't even grasp it in your own head.

BTW, you'd have a better argument if you would choose to use the John Fox thought process from his previous years and dealings with older players rather than using Bill Belichick as an example. John Fox is not Belichick. Not sure you understand that or not. What are Fox's tendencies? Got any of those leaving out Manning. And BTW, it was most likely the fact Fox wanted Manning gone that got him fired in Denver. Hmmmm and older player. Pro Bowler, SB winner, to two SBs. Wanted to cut him, Why? ahemmmmm me, I'd have to think it was due to diminished skills and injuries due to age, mother nature.

Edit: Sounds familiar.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nope. I actually stayed up SUPER late to watch the 'Hawks piss three leads away last night. And I got to have an extra Chips Ahoy!

But the more important question, should you really be on the boards? Wouldn't your time be better spent preparing for the G.E.D. exam?
Well mother fucking touche' on that one. I gotta admit that was some funny shit. Alright I gotta go study now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
" I don't know what Fox and Fangio will do as I don't presume to know how they think. "
yep, I completely agree with this statement. But then you go here:

"Just know it's likely they will rely more on dumb generalities about old players as I presume professional head coaches will do their jobs and review things like game film before making decisions"

So you state you don't know, then proceed to tell me you know. How does that work my friend?

See, what you think you want to say and what you want to believe are two different things. You can't even grasp it in your own head.

BTW, you'd have a better argument if you would choose to use the John Fox thought process from his previous years and dealings with older players rather than using Bill Belichick as an example. John Fox is not Belichick. Not sure you understand that or not. What are Fox's tendencies? Got any of those leaving out Manning. And BTW, it was most likely the fact Fox wanted Manning gone that got him fired in Denver. Hmmmm and older player. Pro Bowler, SB winner, to two SBs. Wanted to cut him, Why? ahemmmmm me, I'd have to think it was due to diminished skills and injuries due to age, mother nature.

Edit: Sounds familiar.

Likely and Presume are not statements of fact. They are statements that include the idea that there is a possibility that one may be wrong. So again, I am not saying I know for a fact what they will do. I am saying it is LIKELY that they will review game film and not rely on generalities because I PRESUME that is what professional head coaches do. But with that said, I still don't KNOW what they will do because I don't KNOW whether their film review will reveal that Briggs is still a good player or not.

You on the other hand have made statements that you know Fox and/or Fangio will get rid of Briggs. That is what I am saying is presumptuous. Get it yet?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Well mother fucking touche' on that one. I gotta admit that was some funny shit. Alright I gotta go study now.

Agreed.

In addition to being of superior intellect to you plebeians on this site, I'm also offer deeper wit and a I'm a better dancer.

:)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed.

In addition to being of superior intellect to you plebeians on this site, I'm also offer deeper wit and a I'm a better dancer.

:)
How are you gonna get all big headed and pat yourself on the back and not even do it with proper grammar? Geesh lol

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, I submit:

lens005.jpg

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Last edited:

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Did he say...
"In my opinion, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to (bring Tillman back to the Bears). "

Because he's old by NFL CB standards and has missed most of the last two seasons to injury. And we are hearing that he was one of the locker room malcontents which is disappointing.

If he's healthy, in shape and hasn't lost too much, give it a whirl. If he's dropped off and can't play playoff caliber football, then move on.

It's time to get young.

Never want to hear the 'teach young guys' bullshit line. That's what the coaching staff is paid handsomely for.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Good one. That's what I get for typing shit while I'm half paying attention to conference calls.

Or I can just say I was doing it in Borat voice. I am very excite! :)

Yeah i figured you were just in an important meeting while on a Bears message board. lol

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I could care less if Briggs comes back as long as it is a vet min. He would be a great backup for depth. And he can be a mentor to the young players. Same with Tillman. And if he acts up or gets lazy, he can be cut and who cares if they eat a million dollars or whatever.

Or he could just not be resigned and I would be fine with that too.

But you all act like if he is signed then he will be a starter and it signals that the Bears want to stay old on defense. It's just not true.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yeah i figured you were just in an important meeting while on a Bears message board. lol

Did I say 'important'? I said 'conference call' and for those that participate in multiple conference calls daily, you'll know that most are tedious and a waste of time and that most of the people on them are 'multi-tasking' by doing email, texting or killing time on fantasy football sites,forums or shopping. But then again, I'd doubt the guy that has to refill the Slurpee machine has to participate in many meetings or calls.

And then there's this beautiful thing called 'wifi' on airplanes. No better way to kill time on a 90 minute flight than arguing with dopes on a football forum.