dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, It's an opinion forum. I enjoy pointing out the folly of silly opinions that aren't well thought out and are predicated on emotion and not logic and a large helping of meatballs and bong resin.

Hahahaha children. Isn't it past your bedtime?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can all hope not.

Fuck that low life. Go take care of your 33 kids and your shitty steakhouse.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Speculation based on the REALITY that coaches and GMs don't fill their rosters with 35 year old linebackers.

Seriously, are you this daft?

Why do you keep saying FILL their rosters with 35 year old LBers when nobody is talking about them FILLING the roster with 35 year old LBers? This thread is about ONE LBer who plays ONE position.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can all hope not.

Fuck that low life. Go take care of your 33 kids and your shitty steakhouse.

only winners have steakhouses....he has a BBQ joint

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But this is simply incorrect because I already told you of 3 examples in which coaches and scouts did feature 35 year old LBs. Also you have no idea whether Lance will be in or out of shape this year.

All you are doing is picking information that fits your opinion and ignoring information that does not. The 100% undeniable fact is that exceptions to this supposed rule exist otherwise the guys I mentioned wouldn't have featured prominently on playoff teams.

The only people that make decisions based on what they generally have seen happen are people who lack information to make a decision base on the specifics of a given situation. There is no need for John Fox or Fangio to make a decision based on what generally has happened when they have the ability to review film, talk to Briggs, and talk to whoever else they need to in order to make a decision SPECIFIC to this situation. Generalities are for fans who lack that knowledge.

See above.

Well said, but again.....you're dealing with a child that can't take being wrong.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
only winners have steakhouses....he has a BBQ joint

With some great Yelp reviews!

To start with, it looks like Lance got a bunch of restaurant Briggs's - you know, fat, slow, lazy - to work the dining room:
The ribs and brisket are actually good, but the service is the worst I have ever seen in a restaurant that hasn't shut its doors. The manager seems to be going about picking up a lot of the slack - but dear god, I've had better service at denny's at 3AM, who hired these people?

Not only that, but you know all that food that's turned Lance into a fat slob? His customers can't keep it down ... (if only Lance was so lucky ...):
The food made us sick. Or was it the long wait time and horrible service. I wish I would want to give it another chance but once is traumatizing enough. Sorry lance briggs. You might end up on the next episode of bar makeover if you're lucky. Sucks.

Last edited:

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

To start with, it looks like Lance got a bunch of restaurant Briggs's - you know, fat, slow, lazy - to work the dining room:

Not only that, but you know all that food that's turned Lance into a fat slob? His customers can't keep it down ... (if only Lance was so lucky ...):

ouch. normally restaurants start off strong and taper off with time, Lance seems to be trying for the opposite

xcutioner1977

Liked Posts:
he will be 35 at the start of the season and he sucks now soooo no thank you he stole enough bear money the last 2 years. real players play regardless of if u like your coach or not

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
FatBabies,

If the Pats, Steelers, and Ravens went by your logic, they wouldn't have used those guys in the first place. They were smart enough not to rely on generalities.

I am not arguing that Lance Briggs should definitely be on the team this year. I am arguing that the evaluation of whether he should or not should be based on looking at the facts and circumstances surrounding this particular guy who is one of the rare people that made the pro bowl 7 times in a row. It should not be based on some general statement that winning teams don't field 35 year old LBs. Yeah they don't do that except for the times that they actually did that. Why did they make exceptions to the rule. Again because they were smart enough to look at individual facts and circumstances and not rely on generalities.

As for food, I do the non-traditional steakhouses where you can get shit like Bison or Wild Game. As for Indian, the ex wifey was Indian so she put me on some higher end Indian food that just had a shit ton more spice and flavor.

I am definitely down for the Korean and Vietnamese though. I hit up Vietnam like once every other year because I have a college buddy that is a lawyer in HCMC. Last time I was there, he had me try some Deep Fried Scorpions. Tastes better than it sounds.

You are right - they did make exceptions to the rule by looking at individual facts and circumstances:

Seau - one of the best ever. In shape. Wound up missing half of the games of the last two seasons in the league. So, not exactly a glaring example of 'play old LB success'. He was under contract.

Lewis - arguably the greatest ever and the leader and glue of that team. Keeping him around even at 50% ability (which he was), was necessary to keep the locker room together (even though he's a dickbag) for a team on a SB run. And he was in shape and not injured. He was under contract.

Harrison - mid season replacement for injuries. Lots of old guys get yanked off of couches during the season for injuries. Won't be on a roster next year.

There were unique circumstances in each situation. None of which apply to the Bears.

We can do the Lance vs. Lewis/Harrison/Seau thing all day long. The extenuating circumstances in this instance are the ones that can't be ignored and differ from the above examples - 1) he's been hurt the last two seasons, 2) he's been a colossal malcontent and the opposite of a leader and freely wiling to voice it and 3) in both of the last two seasons, he's been overweight and out of shape. And he's not under contract.

As for food, never had the pleasure of going to Vietnam, so I just have to deal with Viet Town in Chicago (Argyle Street) or some of the good ones in the burbs (Pho Ha in Glendale Heights). I hit up good Viet spots in Austin and San Diego too. Gourment Indian? Sign me up! I like the southern Indian stuff better than the norther Indo/Pak - northern Indian briyani is too watery. Had a neighbor who was a gourmet quality Indian chef - and not a vegetarian Jain - and she always brought us TONS of food - briyani, tikka masala, aloo gobi, paratha, dosa, idli, jalebi. Man, I wish they wouldn't have moved.

Ok, back to discussion. Fuck Lance Briggs and his BBQ that probably tastes terrible.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hahahaha who the fuck is calling for his return?? lol I said i wouldn't mind for the right price and i still wouldn't mind you dodo. Hahaha

I don't know what you are calling for because you lack the ability to craft a proper sentence and express whatever sentiment it is you are trying to get across.

But I depart from your opinion. I don't want 35 year old oft injured out of shape Lance Briggs on the Bears next season at any price. The Bears need to rebuild and need to get young and healthy.

Lance Briggs is in the rearview mirror, not the windshield.

That goes for Peanut Tillman and Roberto Garza as well. Thanks for the memories and 3 playoff appearances in 12 years guys. Now let's get some young guys in here and have this great staff turn shit around and play winning football and not the brand of mediocre incomplete bullshit we've seen in the last 30 years.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hahahaha children. Isn't it past your bedtime?

Nope. I actually stayed up SUPER late to watch the 'Hawks piss three leads away last night. And I got to have an extra Chips Ahoy!

But the more important question, should you really be on the boards? Wouldn't your time be better spent preparing for the G.E.D. exam?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Why do you keep saying FILL their rosters with 35 year old LBers when nobody is talking about them FILLING the roster with 35 year old LBers? This thread is about ONE LBer who plays ONE position.

Right. And winning football teams don't have 35 year old LBs on their teams. Based on the ages of the LBs in today's NFL, NO - as in NONE - teams have a 35 year old LB under contract.

So why should the Bears?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

A restaurant owned by an athlete? What can go wrong?

When will these dipshits learn? Most of the bars and restaurants that athletes or former athletes open go tits up within a year. Hell, most restaurants in general go tits up within a year. Ditka's tourist trap shithole is a notable exception.

Some athletes have smart money guys and have them investing in various successful franchises. For example, I believe Johnny Knox bought into a Buffalo Wild Wings franchise in Mount Prospect. I also believe the rapper Rick Ross owns like 25 plus WingStreet franchises. Smart, if done the right way.

But wait, the world needs more 'athlete owned places'. They are very unique and we've never seen them before. They should do something really unique like put a bunch of frame photos on the wall of random athletes and random celebrities. Some should feature some comments scribbled with a Sharpie. To make it really cool, they can add some of those pics to include non-athlete people like Eddie Vedder or Jenny McCarthy or some guy who was on American Idol.

Then they can get create with the menu and give the food sports themed names. Something like the Pick Six Nachos or the Blitz Burger!

That would be unique and fresh. We've never seen that before!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Let's explore one last angle.

The Bears are saddled with Cutler next season - a) because of the contract and b) because every other available QB (Hoyer, Sanchez, Vick) sucks even worse. They are also saddled with the Allen contract.

They have a couple of key guys coming back from injuries and the jury will be out on their ability (Young, Houston).

The Bears will have a roster in flux with probably 20-25 new starters.

The Packers are the Packers, the Lions are much better and the Vikes are on their way up with a very nice D with two of the top young defensive talents in the league (Smith, Barr) and it appears they've found their franchise QB.

I think we can all acknowledge that the Bears probably won't be good next year and the turnaround is probably a 2-3 year out proposition before they can be a team to reckon with. Sure, KC was a worst to first team, but that shit season featured a roster with 8 Pro-Bowlers. The Bears don't have that.

If #55 were to come back, it would be for next season alone. That's it. It's not like he'll be this Ray Lewis type player - arguably the best ever and the leader and glue of the team - to keep the foundation/locker in place for an SB run. That's not the 2015 Bears. The 2015 Bears will be in a rebuilding year and probably go 6-10.

So why the hell would anyone want Lance Briggs to be a part of that? What purpose does it serve?

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Let's explore one last angle.

The Bears will have a roster in flux with probably 20-25 new starters.

We get to play with 12.5 men on each side of the ball now?

#Winning

Most of your posts are long winded and full of shit. Had to pick that one out.
I guess you meant that many new players on the roster maybe?

btw, "in flux" is one word. Influx

So glad that all the starters will be gone this year however and we will replace them and start some more.

Get your shit together.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
We get to play with 12.5 men on each side of the ball now?

#Winning

Most of your posts are long winded and full of shit. Had to pick that one out.
I guess you meant that many new players on the roster maybe?

btw, "in flux" is one word. Influx

So glad that all the starters will be gone this year however and we will replace them and start some more.

Get your shit together.

There are 11 starters on defense. 11 on offense. 11 on special teams. Some overlap.

So, quite possibly 20-25 new.

Perhaps I should have said 20-25 new players on the active roster vs. starters.

And I don't think you are correct. I said 'roster in flux'. Influx would be used if I were to have said 'there will be an influx of new players'.

Can you let me know when your posts are going to start being funny? I'm looking forward to that.