Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Still in the protocol.

Given the position he plays, his style of play, and that this is the 4th concussion he's had in 3 years, at what point do questions start to be asked about him as people have asked about Tua?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Still in the protocol.

Given the position he plays, his style of play, and that this is the 4th concussion he's had in 3 years, at what point do questions start to be asked about him as people have asked about Tua?

No one would be talking about Tua's concussions if he wasnt throwing up gang signs on the field.

Until Brisker starts doing that its not going to be really a talking point.

But yea, my guess is the nfl is super cautious because he's already had this issue many a time. Good on brisker for self reporting and taking his health seriously. Bad on the NFL for not catching that he was clearly woozy after that hit, it was pretty clear on TV.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He probably had one or 2 in college as well

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No one would be talking about Tua's concussions if he wasnt throwing up gang signs on the field.

Until Brisker starts doing that its not going to be really a talking point.

But yea, my guess is the nfl is super cautious because he's already had this issue many a time. Good on brisker for self reporting and taking his health seriously. Bad on the NFL for not catching that he was clearly woozy after that hit, it was pretty clear on TV.
I'm under the impression that Tua is talked about more because he's a QB. They care more about those guys than others.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He's a good player for the snaps he plays, but even beyond the concussion issues he also has an interesting habit of getting minor dings forcing him to leave games for a series or 2. These unfortunately arent the type of issues you expect to get better with age. The good news is you can find decent box safeties on day 2 or 3, Bears would probably be well served finding a "just in case Briskers eggs finally scramble" option in this draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's a good player for the snaps he plays, but even beyond the concussion issues he also has an interesting habit of getting minor dings forcing him to leave games for a series or 2. These unfortunately arent the type of issues you expect to get better with age. The good news is you can find decent box safeties on day 2 or 3, Bears would probably be well served finding a "just in case Briskers eggs finally scramble" option in this draft.

Bears are not drafting another strong safety, unless briskers brane falls out of his skull he's going to get an extension.

We also already have that backup the team likes in hicks

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bears are not drafting another strong safety, unless briskers brane falls out of his skull he's going to get an extension.

Not so sure about this. They like Brisker but it would depend on price/health. He’s a good -not great- SS that is always banged up. I don’t think Poles would extend him unless it’s a super cheap deal. SS’s are one of the easiest positions to replace

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not so sure about this. They like Brisker but it would depend on price/health. He’s a good -not great- SS that is always banged up. I don’t think Poles would extend him unless it’s a super cheap deal. SS’s are one of the easiest positions to replace

If he had that logic he wouldnt have drafted a box safety in the 2nd round.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup, safeties are easier to find. You can even regularly find a solid one in free agency. Unless the guy is a major game changer, I'd be hesitant to pay for a safety at top of the market value. Not saying Brisker will get top of the market... just a general statement.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Gordon would be an easy call to extend over Brisker. Much more difficult to find a slot corner. But both have pretty consistent injury issues. I might try to get Gordon on a team-friendly extension this summer (like a 3 year 37m extension to make a total of roughly $40m over 4 years). Brisker, no. He's a guy you offer an average deal to after year four.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

He’s fine at the end of the 2nd round. However, he has shown he can’t be relied upon to consistently be on the field. When the time comes, he could just draft another cost controlled safety somewhere in the draft.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Hicks is solid. He just won't make the big splash play like Brisker would, and you probably wouldn't see him getting home on a blitz.
Hicks is MY GUY

That bottom of the roster player that you unreasonably go to bat for. While he may be the new Craig Steltz, it is important to have someone who is good on special teams who can sub for two or three games while the starter is out.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Im pretty confident Bears will draft a S in the next draft, think they likely grab a versatile guy who play both spots not a box S. Hicks is good depth but I dont think the Bears see him as Byards replacement.

Reactions: DC

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Cost controlled rookie vs paying more money to a guy who’s always hurt.

Not all 2nd round picks are world beaters. Most aren’t.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Needs to learn how to tackle so he doesn’t put himself in situations that can lead to concussions. Too often he’s leading with his head. I know the most recent incident was more on the receiver doing something very stupid that put both players in harm’s way.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears first three picks next year sure feel like:
Offensive Line
Safety
DT/MOAR offensive line

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Gordon would be an easy call to extend over Brisker. Much more difficult to find a slot corner. But both have pretty consistent injury issues. I might try to get Gordon on a team-friendly extension this summer (like a 3 year 37m extension to make a total of roughly $40m over 4 years). Brisker, no. He's a guy you offer an average deal to after year four.
Nope, sorry! Daniel says he’s a wasted 2nd round pick and can easily be replaced with a 4th round pick.

He used to be a professional blogger. So please stop.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nah I would not extend Brisker unless ir is dirt cheap. He is good not great and the concussions are a concern. Safety is also fairly cheap in FA to get someone of comparable ability and just draft a S on day 3.