4) Leonard Floyd
5) Danny Trevathan
6) Roquan Smith
7) Khalil Mack
8) Kyle Fuller
9) Prince Amukamara
10) Eddie Jackson
11) Adrian Amos

I'd give you maybe Bilal Nichols only because he's so young. Although, I think he's gonna be a monster.

As far as regular playing time defenders (since nickel is employed so much), he's probably the best player to lose for the season, as we have adequate depth.

That's not to say it's a not a big loss. It sucks. Let's hope we can stay healthy the rest of the way.

Nickel is not necessarily the 3rd best CB. Doesn't quite work that way, its almost its own separate position. The Bears tried putting Callahan at CB, he wasn't good. Remember when Amukamara went down how they started Toliver II at CB?

Players defenitively better than Callahan:
1. Mack
2. Hicks
3. Goldman
4. Eddie
5. Trevathan
6. Roquan
7. Fuller
8. Amukamara

Callahan is somewhere in the 9-12th best range with RRH, Nichols and Amos. Personally I would put RRH 9 and and Callahan 10 but am open to arguments.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Callahan is probably the least important player on defense who sees notable playing time.

Well that's just not true. Losing Bullard, Nichols or Lynch would hurt quite a bit less than Callahan.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Only slot corner better is Desmond King II bryce Callahan is one of the best slot corners in the nfl. But McManis has played insanely good too in limited time look at his pff score it would make him the #1 corner if he had enough snaps. Our biggest issue is depth at outside CB and finding prince's replacement down the road. Id still Resign Callahan over amos. I dont understand what amos does except randomly showing up for a deflection int or recovering a fumble.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Only slot corner better is Desmond King II bryce Callahan is one of the best slot corners in the nfl. But McManis has played insanely good too in limited time look at his pff score it would make him the #1 corner if he had enough snaps. Our biggest issue is depth at outside CB and finding prince's replacement down the road. Id still Resign Callahan over amos. I dont understand what amos does except randomly showing up for a deflection int or recovering a fumble.

Amos fills his assignment week-in week-out quite admirably. For most safeties you are happy if you ARENT hearing their name called.

Eddie Jackson has just kind of undergone this ascension to near-DPOY tier player and almost inarguable best player in the NFL at his position (at least in the absence of Earl Thomas) and its made Amos look meager in comparison. The things Jackson does are extraordinary and almost exclusively unique to Eddie Jackson across the whole league.

That said I would look to let to Amos walk this off-season just because his position may be easiest to upgrade in free agency, just by happenstance of what will be available on the market this year.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Name the Saints slot WR

Brees has thrown TD's to 13 different players, not including Taysom Hill who you definitely have to look out for. The Saints spread it around, not having Callahan will hurt should we play them. Hopefully Dallas goes to the Superdome and dispatches them on behalf of us.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Callahan is a top 5 player on the defense.

Mack, Hicks, Fuller, Eddie Jackson. I'd have Callahan 5th.

He's been elite.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

He's been elite.

no.....I think Smith is more valuable than he is.....I also think Amukamara is better and more valuable

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:

He's been elite.

No way he is better than Trevathan, Smith, Goldman or Prince. This isn't a knock on Bryce Callahan at all, Bears are just loaded on defense.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
This marcus Williams hasn't been bad stat wise... I wonder whats up with him ??

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No way that I put Callahan into the top 5 defenders on the Bears.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am not understanding this nickel position. Get a cornerback with some skills, but is too small to play the outside and he is a nickel cornerback.

Why is McMannus the backup and not Toliver II? Just because he will need to go in if Prince or Fuller go down? As much as Fangio drops Hicks, Mack and Floyd in coverage, why not have a bigger body there?

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I am not understanding this nickel position. Get a cornerback with some skills, but is too small to play the outside and he is a nickel cornerback.

Why is McMannus the backup and not Toliver II? Just because he will need to go in if Prince or Fuller go down? As much as Fangio drops Hicks, Mack and Floyd in coverage, why not have a bigger body there?

Just a different skill set. Lance Briggs and Khalil Mack are technically both OLB's but I you wouldn't use them the same way.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

He's been elite.

Elite as the little corner back that is not good enough to play outside. The only reason he makes plays at the line are with stunts where nobody blocks him, but you get Floyd Mack, Hicks and Eddie G getting to the qb in 2.3 seconds, any defensive back is going to look better because the quarterback is throwing the ball earlier than he wants.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

He's been elite.

Elite as the little corner back that is not good enough to play outside. The only reason he makes plays at the line are with stunts where nobody blocks him, but you get Floyd Mack, Hicks and Eddie G getting to the qb in 2.3 seconds, any defensive back is going to look better because the quarterback is throwing the ball earlier than he wants.

People are making it seem like the bears are going to lose the super bowl because Callahan is out.

I'd rather have Trevathan in the game and play zone.