HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McManis again had another solid game. There was one bullshit flag for PI that was called on him and then was picked up after discussion. He also held beautifully on the final 4th down play. LOL, he actually was on lock step with the receiver even running well out of bounds with him. Sherrick wasn't fucking around. He wanted to make sure he wasn't going to be the one that gave up a back breaking pass.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Either McManis is really good or the Bears scheme makes life easy for nickels.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think McManis plays NB better than CB. Not sure why. Maybe his ST coverage makes him more rangy than a great hip-swiveling outside CB.

McManis certainly had a major test trying to cover Randall Cobb. Mc did well, but Cobb dropped a few and Rogers was harrassed and off most of the game too.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
McManis had a few bad games before losing the starting gig to Bryce, but he has had a reputation of being decent to above average at times IIRC. Special teams is always where he stood out in play.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
McManis had a few bad games before losing the starting gig to Bryce, but he has had a reputation of being decent to above average at times IIRC. Special teams is always where he stood out in play.
I'd suggest McManis was never considered at or above avg at CB. He'd get shots and lose out to the next guy. But he may be the best he's ever been right now at NB.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
McManis has played well as a backup multiple times over the last couple of seasons... the guy isn't Callahan but he is good enough to start and with enough reps could be a good starter...

His size is what would worry you... he looks undersized

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think McManis plays NB better than CB. Not sure why. Maybe his ST coverage makes him more rangy than a great hip-swiveling outside CB.

McManis certainly had a major test trying to cover Randall Cobb. Mc did well, but Cobb dropped a few and Rogers was harrassed and off most of the game too.

Cobb also had McManis beat a couple times pretty bad but Rodgers over threw him, one of them definitely would of been a long TD catch and run.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
pretty sure he already said that

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know what you're expecting out of any cornerback for that matter. Prince and Fuller both got roasted for some long completions last game and still ended up tallying up a good game overall. The simple fact is every single cornerback in the NFL eventually loses on some reps. There is no such thing as a perfect player. The closest thing to it is when a corner is so feared he is rarely thrown at. Even that doesn't mean they're above reproach. It just means quarterbacks didn't have the stones to test them.