Bulls (0-0) vs Spurs (1-0) Game Thread

the_future420

Liked Posts:
This shall be the official game thread because we are 10 minutes from tip with no thread.

PG
derrick-rose-214a.jpg

SG
john-salmons-2009-3-23-21-0-57.jpg

SF
31luol.jpeg

PF
tyrus_thomas.jpg

C
Joakim%20Noah.jpg

VS.

San%20Antonio%20Spurs.jpg

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Good to see Noah not having a slow start this year!

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
A very nice team basketball play by the Bulls. 4 players have 10 points and 2 need only one more basket to have 10, too.

postdiction

Liked Posts:
If nothing else, we have one of the most athletic teams in the NBA. The difference in speed at almost every position is quite obvious against the spurs.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Yeah everyone is contributing at the moment, hopefully they can keep it up and win this.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i liked the rose, hinrich, salmons, deng, noah lineup.

postdiction

Liked Posts:
Wow, Kirk is playing well on both the offense and defensive ends. I like Kirk handling the ball so much because it frees up Rose to score more. Really like the contributions of Deng and Tyrus on the offensive end. Also our defense on the Spurs (a top 5 team) looks amazing thanks to BG not being in there. The combination of Salmons and Kirk rather than Ben Gordon makes us much stronger on the defensive side.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Hell yeah, the first quality win of the season, and they did it with Salmons struggling.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very nice game which lets me sleep well now. :)

Only player who had a bad game was Pargo.

Oh and why did James Johnson not play?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Pretty good game by everyone, although Salmon's shooting was way off. Kirk/Miller could be the best 6th/7th man combo in the league this year. And I'm very happy to see Deng have a good game, lets hope he can keep it up.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Deng was pretty solid this game, perhaps a sign for things to come? I hope so. Salmons was kinda bad...so was Pargo. Hinrich was good, Miller was good. How about Noah with that jumper? I have to admit I cringed when he shot it. But he did have a double double, so good for him. Great 3rd quarter for Tyrus. James Johnson DNP? What happened there?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
they had some interesting sf's rotations with tyrus at 3.
salmons had a pretty crappy night.
the bulls weren't lucky, they played pretty well tonight.
i was estatic. !!!!!!!!! tomorrow we take on boston.
towards the end of the game, i was expecting a sub of james johnson at the one minute mark.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Yes great game, I loved the lineup combos, with Tyrus at the 3 with 2 small guards. Rose looked like his ankle wasn't an issue although they did rest him a bit. I really liked the defense and the hustle, that will keep us in every game with any team.

2 things I didn't like, we had a stretch that our offense was running through Kirk 3 times in a row with Derrick just standing in the corner. We snapped out of it pretty quick but it shouldn't even happen more than one time to give him a rest. Rose should get more agressive I am sure as he gets his legs back.

Also why can't Tyrus play in the 4th quarter he played well I thought?

Very good game all together I am absolutely shocked that we won so handily, Go Bulls.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
yeah i told my roommate there's no way tyrus comes back next year. he played well(did he? i wasn't paying that close attention to him. he hit some shots and got 2 weak side blocks on duncan.) and we benched him.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Yah even Doug Collins acknowledged that TT was dominating in the 3rd, what does he have to do? I was surprised Johnson didn't get any burn, but I don't see when I would have wanted him in the game (I guess Taj Gibson took his PF mins). Deng was playing well and rebounding very well, while Salmons' shot was off but he was active on defense. I liked the rotations by VDN tonight other than TT in the 4th.