Bulls (0-0) vs Spurs (1-0) Game Thread

Kush77

Liked Posts:
The thing I like the most about this game was Deng. It was just nice to see his jumper falling. And Rose looked pretty darn good for not having played in almost a month.
Miller and Hinrich off the bench is going to be solid. It was great down the stretch last year with that 7-man rotation, now you can throw Gibson and Johnson in the mix. I was surprised that Johnson didn't get in.

Nice win all around. But they'll have to shoot better to even have a chance tomorrow night. Especially from three. Or I guess I should say Salmons has to shoot better from three.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
last year i heard that boston used to have trouble with smaller lineups. maybe we could take advantage of that tomorrow night.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Wow did we get lucky catching the spurs in such bad shape. I wonder how they will contend if they look that bad in back to backs. That team just gets beat up and worn down by the end of the year.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
duncan was in remarkable form offensively. the bulls played good defense. i dont wouldn't blame it on old age.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Wow did we get lucky catching the spurs in such bad shape. I wonder how they will contend if they look that bad in back to backs. That team just gets beat up and worn down by the end of the year.

You really want to categorize that as a "lucky" win? Not giving Del Negro or the players any credit? Wow...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

You really want to categorize that as a "lucky" win? Not giving Del Negro or the players any credit? Wow...

Duncan was good but the rest of the team shot 33% from the field missing tons of just wide open shots. This is a team that is usaully very good at threes and they were 4 of 21. Thats not typical of the spurs and don't tell me the bulls challenged every shot, the spurs were clanking it like no tommorrow. Still a nice win but its awfully lucky a good shooting team was dreadful.

fola

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Agreed.

We player pretty good all around game. Although, we did play an 'older' team that played last night. But I'll take whatever victory we can muster. That said, as one of the commentators pointed out, it'll be interesting to see how we do when we cant just outrun/hustle a team. It'll be interesting to see what our half-court offense looks like when our opponent isn't allowing as many 2nd chance opportunities.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:

Out hustling the Spurs to every offensive board was not luck. Tyrus blocking everything under the sun in the 3rd was not luck. Everyone making the extra pass was not luck. It was energy, hustle, & teamwork. The Bulls fully earned this victory. Luck had nothing to do with it.

Nice job by Rose & the boys tonight. 1st victory over the Spurs in 3 seasons. Bring on the Celts!

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Out hustling the Spurs to every offensive board was not luck. Tyrus blocking everything under the sun in the 3rd was not luck. Everyone making the extra pass was not luck. It was energy, hustle, & teamwork. The Bulls fully earned this victory. Luck had nothing to do with it.

Nice job by Rose & the boys tonight. 1st victory over the Spurs in 3 seasons. Bring on the Celts!
I'm not saying that they didn't work hard or earn it, they are just lucky that no one outside of TD showed up for the spurs. An average shooting night from the spurs would have won them the game. You don't realize just how bad they shot. The rest of the team shot 33% and 4 of 21 from the three point line. Don't tell me the spurs were missing open threes because the bulls hustled.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
we weren't really hitting our shots either

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
we weren't really hitting our shots either

I agree Pink, C'mon people you have to give the Bulls credit for winning. I don't wanna hear the back to back or that the Spurs were just off. If the Spurs can't play back to back at the beginning of the season then they are in trouble. The Bulls were off too, and if you rewind the game, yes the Bulls did conest almost every shot. Great defensive energy and even being off and at home doesn't matter, this was a great win, Bulls fans have to be happy.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Good win. I think we'll get destroyed tomorrow by Boston (they've blown us out everytime since the KG trade with KG playing). But a win against a quality opponent this early is good.

If the Cavs falter, while we win in the mid 40's, we have to have a legitimate shot at Lebron.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Duncan was good but the rest of the team shot 33% from the field missing tons of just wide open shots. This is a team that is usaully very good at threes and they were 4 of 21. Thats not typical of the spurs and don't tell me the bulls challenged every shot, the spurs were clanking it like no tommorrow. Still a nice win but its awfully lucky a good shooting team was dreadful.

So you think Salmons is going to go 1-9 every night as well? It's the first game of the season, both teams shot below par, which is completely expected early in the season. Give the Bulls some credit.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:

So you think Salmons is going to go 1-9 every night as well? It's the first game of the season, both teams shot below par, which is completely expected early in the season. Give the Bulls some credit.

I give them some credit. They hustled and played their game but the main reason they won was the spurs had a terrible shooting night Our team doesn't have the talent to beat the spurs if they are at least average offensively. Thats why they are an elite team.