Bulls 2022 Offseason Discussion Thread (FREE AGENCY)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope, very much so looks like the Bulls will be just under the tax once they get vet minimums to fill out the roster.
Solidifies the team as a topping out as a 2nd round exit with everyone healthy. Eh...at least AKME positioned everyone to basically be off the books in a couple years.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Solidifies the team as a topping out as a 2nd round exit with everyone healthy. Eh...at least AKME positioned everyone to basically be off the books in a couple years.
It’s really disappointing. I was hoping with AKME in charge, they would have the leeway to do what they wanted, tax be damned. Now maybe they tried and just nothing came to that made sense as far as offers available to them, but man it sure smells of owner influence

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It’s really disappointing. I was hoping with AKME in charge, they would have the leeway to do what they wanted, tax be damned. Now maybe they tried and just nothing came to that made sense as far as offers available to them, but man it sure smells of owner influence
It’s totally owner influence. They can only operate within the parameters set forth by Jerry and Michael. Michael may be more hands on, but I’m willing to bet Jerry still has final authority on spending/lux tax

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Look what the dumb ass owner did with an up and coming white Sox team last offseason. You know what he did? Jack shit. You know how their playing? Lol I’m telling you guys this is all Jerry just make team good enough to keep fans interested

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I like Drummond but if him and re-signing DJJ is our off season then oof. The cheapness is glaringly obvious and will for sure be fodder for NBA writers/commentators. Furthermore it would be unfair to kneecap your still brand new front office like this.

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I like Drummond but if him and re-signing DJJ is our off season then oof. The cheapness is glaringly obvious and will for sure be fodder for NBA writers/commentators. Furthermore it would be unfair to kneecap your still brand new front office like this.
I think the hesitation of players to still buy in that the bulls have the pieces to make a run is still giving us premium at the pump numbers. So I'm not sure it's necessarily sure it's cheapness as much as willingness to overpay. We just saw them give Zach the biggest contract in franchise history

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meanwhile the TWolves just shelled out a supermax for Towns and then went and acquired Gobert's contract. Question the fit all you like, but you can't question that owner's willingness to spend at least

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think the hesitation of players to still buy in that the bulls have the pieces to make a run is still giving us premium at the pump numbers. So I'm not sure it's necessarily sure it's cheapness as much as willingness to overpay. We just saw them give Zach the biggest contract in franchise history
The cap went up so the max contract went up with it. It’s not some stunning thing giving lavine the biggest contract in franchise history lol.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The cap went up so the max contract went up with it. It’s not some stunning thing giving lavine the biggest contract in franchise history lol.
It's stunning when they have never done nothing than 100M. That has nothing to do with the cap. They more than doubled then next highest. They have never reeled in any free agent previously waving around those dollars.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It's stunning when they have never done nothing than 100M. That has nothing to do with the cap. They more than doubled then next highest. They have never reeled in any free agent previously waving around those dollars.
It has everything to do with the cap. The cap has doubled over the last 7 years. So the top salaries have doubled. You even have the super max contracts out there now.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Goran Dragic come on down!

Good insurance for ball

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls off-season: Re-signed Zach and DJJ, signed Drummond and Dragic. Uggh….was hoping for a bit more. Best guess as of now is 45 wins and a 1st round exit

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls off-season: Re-signed Zach and DJJ, signed Drummond and Dragic. Uggh….was hoping for a bit more. Best guess as of now is 45 wins and a 1st round exit
Might as well predict another gentleman's sweep to any of the top 4 teams in the East. Reinsdorf strikes again!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any hope for Marko? He's still young but I've already all but forgot about him.

My expectations remain low for him. It's good he bulked up a bit and we could really use him at backup PF plus he can stretch the floor, but I won't expect it after just one season in the GLeague.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Wonder how out there the asking price is

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Wonder how out there the asking price is
Knowing Danny ainge, probably 5 unprotected 1st rounders and a young player on the cusp of an all-star breakout year