Bulls 2022 Offseason Discussion Thread (FREE AGENCY)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On that contract? Not too many people other than yourself lol…not sure why you’re bringing up his FG% and TS% since his offense consists of lobs and put backs, they should be high. He has no offensive game beyond that. For a team with shooting issues, it would certainly be interesting to watch BD try to create spacing.

That said, I do like Gobert but that contract is ugly. I’ve said it before, but paying two max contracts to Gobert and LaVine to guys who aren’t the best player on a championship team is bad business. I’d rather the Bulls sign Mitchell Robinson, Montrezl Harrell, or Andre Drummond. They all have similar skill sets (not as good as Gobert) but would be infinitely more fiscally responsible.
Agree with most but the hundred million dollar question is does the discount guy help you get past Milwaukee or Philly?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully they get some second round bigs for Coby White.

I’d love to see a late first or early second out of him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PJ opted out of his final year with Miami, set to make $7.4 mil. So, I imagine he opted out thinking he can get a 2 or 3 year deal worth around that annually. Otherwise, why opt out to just take a vets min?
Fair enough, I didn't actually know his current contract situation lol. Also have no idea what the vet minimum for him would be, could be at least 5M with his experience. You right though, probably looking at a MLE level contract which is still totally fine

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Agree with most but the hundred million dollar question is does the discount guy help you get past Milwaukee or Philly?
I mean…maybe? Even with the injuries the bulls had they shouldn’t have got their heads caved in routinely by 20+ points and looked like a JV team in the 2nd half. Adding Gobert won’t win them a chip though I guarantee that

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I would extend him for one year so he comes off the books with DeRozan. I'm sure he'll be looking for his last big payday though.
I wouldn't even keep him this year. If they are serious about contending there is 0 reason to have him on the roster

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't even keep him this year. If they are serious about contending there is 0 reason to have him on the roster
I’m one of Vuc’s biggest critics but this is kind of silly. For one thing, the Bulls chances of “seriously contending” with or without Vuc is abysmal. Look at Boston, it took them like 75 years to get lucky and make the finals. Bulls have no shot barring a miraculous trade for a superstar.

Riding out this season with Vuc and having his contract expire next season (or S&T) him is likely the smart play. I hate his demeanor, effort, and lack of defense, but he’ll be gone after this season. Fans need to accept the Bulls are in no position to seriously contend this year. Can they maybe win 50 games and make it to the second round? Maybe….but that’s likely their ceiling with or without Vuc

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
We don't have a big on the roster better than Vuc.

If there is a move getting us a viable replacement or improving us in some way I'm all ears but no point in getting rid of him just because.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
We don't have a big on the roster better than Vuc.

If there is a move getting us a viable replacement or improving us in some way I'm all ears but no point in getting rid of him just because.
Agreed. Bulls need depth behind him. They were torched last season because they didn’t have it. Eversley talked about adding depth there to complement Vuc and I agree that’s the smart play. While I’m not a fan of the guy, you can do a lot worse than Vuc as your starting C. They have to add a legitimate backup to him though. Think the Boozer/Taj combo. Taj made up for Boozers deficiencies and Thibs often closed out games with Taj. I could envision a similar scenario with Vuc

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'd really like bamba except I want him in a s&t for white so the bulls can still use the mle on another big. I'd also still like to get Collins or Gobert.
This is the way