Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Patrick Williams is absolutely useless. My goodness.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Pat wasn’t the reason the Bulls lost last night, but I’m glad to see 90% of posters here are piling right on the kid as expected lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hey, Bulls won the 3 point attempt battle doe!! I hope everyone feels good about that!!! Fans clamored for it and Billy and the squad delivered!!!

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
We had a magical season two years ago. Its time to trade and face the facts

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pat wasn’t the reason the Bulls lost last night, but I’m glad to see 90% of posters here are piling right on the kid as expected lol
Iso DeMar's -29 in the +/- stat and Vuc's lack of production (which is more so him just not getting the ball) while on the floor with DeMar seems like more of the culprit.

Vuc should have had 20+ points in this game given OKC's interior.

Plus overall bad 3 point shooting. Obviously if they make more of those it's a game.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Flag on the play. 2 things here:
1. Nobody is suggesting Pat was the reason the Bulls lost last night.
2. I've been one of his biggest defenders on this message board. I can't do it anymore. I'm not sure how anyone can defend him (well actually you don't have to defend Pat, he hasn't improved his offensive game) from what you saw last night. He just doesn't have it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Iso DeMar's -29 in the +/- stat and Vuc's lack of production (which is more so him just not getting the ball) while on the floor with DeMar seems like more of the culprit.

Vuc should have had 20+ points in this game given OKC's interior.

Plus overall bad 3 point shooting. Obviously if they make more of those it's a game.
Frankly, Vuc having only 8 shot attempts against a team that has literally no one who can guard him in the post is mind boggling. I don't blame him at all for arguing with BD mid game, especially in a game where no one could hit a perimeter shot. Who knows? Maybe if you give Vuc 8 more quality shot attempts it changes how OKC defends and those 3s maybe become easier catch and shoot looks (still have to make them).

At the end of the day though, Bulls shooting did them in. Bulls best 3pt shooters from last year shot 4-20 from 3, pretty hard to win a game shooting that poorly.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Flag on the play. 2 things here:
1. Nobody is suggesting Pat was the reason the Bulls lost last night.
2. I've been one of his biggest defenders on this message board. I can't do it anymore. I'm not sure how anyone can defend him (well actually you don't have to defend Pat, he hasn't improved his offensive game) from what you saw last night. He just doesn't have it.
He was 4/10 shooting I believe, granted 0/4 from 3(which I think we both know isn’t going to happen much)

He played good defense and was one of the better +/- players for the bulls last night. I know, I know…nobody cares about 1 game +/-

I’d personally like to see him come off the bench just so he isn’t sharing the court with ISO demar but billy D is inept

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was 4/10 shooting I believe, granted 0/4 from 3(which I think we both know isn’t going to happen much)

He played good defense and was one of the better +/- players for the bulls last night. I know, I know…nobody cares about 1 game +/-

I’d personally like to see him come off the bench just so he isn’t sharing the court with ISO demar but billy D is inept
Just factually speaking, we've only seen PWill really "thrive" when he hasn't had to share the court with Zach/Demar/Vuc also. Seems a simple thing to just start Torrey Craig and let PWill give the bench unit a scoring option. So far BD's rotation seems to be Demar + defenders and there's not much offense you can generate between Carter, Craig, Caruso, Drummond...so yeah Demar is basically forced to do everything himself.

But as mentioned, it's one game so MAYBE we'll see some adjustments based on all this internal discussion and blah blah blah

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just factually speaking, we've only seen PWill really "thrive" when he hasn't had to share the court with Zach/Demar/Vuc also. Seems a simple thing to just start Torrey Craig and let PWill give the bench unit a scoring option. So far BD's rotation seems to be Demar + defenders and there's not much offense you can generate between Carter, Craig, Caruso, Drummond...so yeah Demar is basically forced to do everything himself.

But as mentioned, it's one game so MAYBE we'll see some adjustments based on all this internal discussion and blah blah blah
One thing you can count on with BD is that adjustments will not be made lol

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
He doesn't need a defender, it's not personal, we have seen enough to know he is not and will never be a legit NBA starter on a competitive team.

He belongs on the second unit, no one is piling on, we have seen enough of his game at this juncture.

Also, nah, not going to discuss ZL with you, NVM.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He doesn't need a defender, it's not personal, we have seen enough to know he is not and will never be a legit NBA starter on a competitive team.

He belongs on the second unit, no one is piling on, we have seen enough of his game at this juncture.

Also, nah, not going to discuss ZL with you, NVM.
We agree, he would be best served coming off the bench as a guy that can hit open spot up 3’s and play defense

And ZL had a bad game last night, no doubt about it. But he’s far from the problem with the Bulls still

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Zach Lavine really just needs to become catch and shoot who sometimes drives to the basket.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Zach Lavine really just needs to become catch and shoot who sometimes drives to the basket.
Which he did more of that when Lonzo was healthy.

I think it’s poor coaching combined with bad roster construction that has led to many issues, one of them being ZL having to handle the ball more than he should

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I stopped following da bulls when they traded Jimmy Butler..........needed to read some posts after reading the headline about "players meeting after first game"......lmao......glad their others who also hate da bulls.........players meeting after first game.......lmao.....