Bulls @ Knicks

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
i couldnt see him doing anything else in that situation he had to do something. of course, he coulda gotten back on defense as soon as the ball went in the hole.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
Kirk Hinrich with a clear path foul. What an idiot.

WTF was he supposed to do? If he doesn't foul him it's over anyway, the best thing is to foul and hope it doesn't get called a clear path.

Why wouldn't it be called a clear path foul?

Hinrich could have hustled and got ahead of him or tried for the steal, instead of just hacking Gallinari.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
Kirk Hinrich with a clear path foul. What an idiot.

WTF was he supposed to do? If he doesn't foul him it's over anyway, the best thing is to foul and hope it doesn't get called a clear path.

He could have picked up his guy and not let them have a wide open player in the front court.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
There were 2.8 seconds to go, how was he going to get in front of him in that time? Was Gallinari even Kirk's man? Salmons was the SF, wasn't Gallinari his guy?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was Salmons on the court? I thought it was Rose, Hinrich, Deng, Gibson and Noah?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
There were 2.2 seconds to go, how was he going to get in front of him in that time? Was Gallinari even Kirk's man? Salmons was the SF, wasn't Gallinari his guy?

Both players were in the front court and pressing. Kirk was the only guy back and near Gallinari.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Salmons was subbed in for Gibson for the last play.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:
There were 2.2 seconds to go, how was he going to get in front of him in that time? Was Gallinari even Kirk's man? Salmons was the SF, wasn't Gallinari his guy?

Both players were in the front court and pressing. Kirk was the only guy back and near Gallinari.

And he was on the other side of the court because he inbounded the ball. I really don't know what you expect him to do, be Usain Bolt?

Liked Posts:
If I can find something positive i could say Noah had a pretty good game.

Then again Lee was better.

I'm telling you...we've got to clean house. It's getting worse each week.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

And he was on the other side of the court because he inbounded the ball. I really don't know what you expect him to do, be Usain Bolt?

Are you kidding, he wasn't standing on the baseline and if after the whole play and inbound he was still on the other side, it was an even worse play by him.

Liked Posts:
3 of the top 8 teams in the east have losing records. If the playoffs started today the Bulls would only be a game out of the playoffs (how pathetic is that!?).

If they miss the playoffs this year we've got to start all over...

We've GOT to.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
3 of the top 8 teams in the east have losing records. If the playoffs started today the Bulls would only be a game out of the playoffs (how pathetic is that!?).

We've GOT to.

The Bulls shouldn't have to start over. Those guys are having a tough time because they're a incomplete team. The only thing they need is a power forward that brings scoring and rebounding production, and a spot up three point shooter to help space the floor. Both guys should be available in free agency and the draft. There is no reason what so ever to blow this team up if they miss the playoffs.

If anybody thinks this team needs to be broken up, you must've had a grossly unrealistic view of this Bulls team.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

We've GOT to.

What does "starting over" mean? They have already done that.....Derrick Rose and 2010 is the gameplan...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Are you kidding, he wasn't standing on the baseline and if after the whole play and inbound he was still on the other side, it was an even worse play by him.

I don't know, I can't say I was watching the position of everyone, but I'd guess Kirk was standing at the three point line in case his man went to Deng and they had the chance to kick it back out for the quick three.

After the score, I'd assume Kirk was looking to pressure his own man, since down three with 5 seconds left you basically have to play for the steal. If Kirk had left to go to Gallinari we'd be having this conversation about what a dumb ass he is to leave Chandler to run up the floor.

I find it perplexing that even when Salmons man gets loose it's Kirk's fault, yet Kirk is supposedly the most loved citizen who can do no wrong. :dry:

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:

I don't know, I can't say I was watching the position of everyone, but I'd guess Kirk was standing at the three point line in case his man went to Deng and they had the chance to kick it back out for the quick three.

After the score, I'd assume Kirk was looking to pressure his own man, since down three with 5 seconds left you basically have to play for the steal. If Kirk had left to go to Gallinari we'd be having this conversation about what a dumb ass he is to leave Chandler to run up the floor.

I find it perplexing that even when Salmons man gets loose it's Kirk's fault, yet Kirk is supposedly the most loved citizen who can do no wrong. :dry:

But thats the point, as the farthest guy back, he needs to be a few steps back so he can make a play. Its inexcusable to be able to lob a ball half way down the court on an inbounds play. Kirk needed to be about half way between the three point line and half court to be able to be effective. Hanging out waiting for a clutch shot ( something kirk sucks at anyway) is just a bad idea as evidenced. If he had been in postion he could have probably stolen the ball or at least been in postion to foul without getting a clear path foul. My other complaint is why the hell would he foul gallinari after he his the two free throws with .3 left?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Who the hell cares what happens in a game with .3 left down 5. He was probably frustrated as we are with the team. :p