Bulls sign Dwyane Wade to 2 year 47M deal

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
it makes the Bulls cool again. Wade will be asking for help from players to help him win one in hometown and selling them on team.

He will teach the young Bulls how to work.

He will command respect for his coach by example.

Boogie Cousins on a max is in play. Boogie Cousins at trade deadline is in play.

CP3 is in play.

But the absolute best part for me, is those fools barking to the east about how much dog they have in them when they are actually all soft sissy cakes. I want to see the look on Rose's face when he plays the "all dog", his former team. roof roof

Rondo-Wade-Butler-Portis-Lopez

You do realize that Portis-Lopez is likely the 32nd best starting 4-5 combo in the NBA, right?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do realize that Portis-Lopez is likely the 32nd best starting 4-5 combo in the NBA, right?

I vehemently disagree with you. Portis showed he has skills and want to. He will get better. He has length, bothers people on defense, can shoot the 3 as a rookie which is rare, I can't wait to see his shot this year.

Lopez is a typical 5 that rebounds and defends. I don't know what you want...Portis is a good young developing player and Lopez is a solid veteran center. I'd put them more at 15th as they don't have much ability to score inside.

Lopez>Noah

Portis was top 3 in rookie of year wasn't he?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Correction, the 31st best starting 4-5 combo in the NBA. The 32nd combo is whomever Golden State has on the floor.

you mean Durant-Green?

yeah ok.

I think the game might be changing faster than your keeping up.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Correction, the 31st best starting 4-5 combo in the NBA. The 32nd combo is whomever Golden State has on the floor.

So, you believe that Portis-Lopez (R) >>>> West-Pachulia?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sweet Jesus, he's only 34? Feels like he's 40, I like him, I respect him, I think he was a great player, I'd have no problem with this signing years ago, but there isn't much left in the tank. Last year he played 74 games and that was the most in 5 years.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I vehemently disagree with you. Portis showed he has skills and want to. He will get better. He has length, bothers people on defense, can shoot the 3 as a rookie which is rare, I can't wait to see his shot this year.

Lopez is a typical 5 that rebounds and defends. I don't know what you want...Portis is a good young developing player and Lopez is a solid veteran center. I'd put them more at 15th as they don't have much ability to score inside.

Lopez>Noah

Portis was top 3 in rookie of year wasn't he?

Good chance that Portis will improve, good rookie season - but nothing that showed me is going to be more than a good rotation player (Taj Gibson-lite). Lopez wasn't very good even in his prime, now he is pure filler.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But its Green-Pachulia and West-Green more likley. with alot of Curry-Thompson-Igudalla-Durant-Green when they are serious.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/07/golden-state-warriors-death-lineup-kevin-durant

After writing that Golden state line-up on paper and looking at it for the first time...I'm just not going to talk about basketball or whatever the fuck the Bulls are doing for a while. goddamnit.

Curry-Thompson-Iggy-Durantula-Green

Livingston-Rush-McAdoo-West-ZaZA + likely Ray Allen and anyone else who likes Jewelry

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good chance that Portis will improve, good rookie season - but nothing that showed me is going to be more than a good rotation player (Taj Gibson-lite). Lopez wasn't very good even in his prime, now he is pure filler.

bro...he is easily Taj Gibson+ not minus. Gibson doesn't have that defensive length, nor that kind of range. Portis is going to develop into something much better suited to the shifting era of basketball, Portis is a fantistic stretch 4(even 5), and Mirotic needs to bounce back he can be also.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
bro...he is easily Taj Gibson+ not minus. Gibson doesn't have that defensive length, nor that kind of range. Portis is going to develop into something much better suited to the shifting era of basketball, Portis is a fantistic stretch 4(even 5), and Mirotic needs to bounce back he can be also.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just noting that you see much more in Portis then me. I've been wrong many times before and hopefully am again.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not disagreeing with you, just noting that you see much more in Portis then me. I've been wrong many times before and hopefully am again.

Yeah...I am admittedly projecting him to develop like Butler because of his demeanor. He'll have to work for it and his athleticism is limited by his tick/spider body type, having a heavy core.

I guess I was just pleasantly surprised by all that he DID HAVE as a rookie. Other than Towns/Okafor we won that draft. The Lakers were the biggest dickheads for passing on a 7' with skills.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
People are saying the move could help them attract more free agents in the future. Highly doubt it. What does signing a 35-year-old Wade do for the future? Nothing.

I disagree. If he does alright this coming season I think he will play a big role in recruiting next off season. If he does work out, I'm 100% confident we will get at least 1 max guy.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are saying the move could help them attract more free agents in the future. Highly doubt it. What does signing a 35-year-old Wade do for the future? Nothing.

Oh stop, sure it will impact the future in Chicago. Think of the big name hospital and doctors that are going to add D. Wade to his list of clients and billing system!

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
no way Bron leaves Cleveland again...he successfully repaired his legacy and is pretty much god status in Ohio for bringing that miserable state a championship

I think it's different now. If he left I don't think he would get any backlash. He fulfilled what he set out to do when he got there and gave Cleveland the taste of something they haven't had in over 50 years.

That being said I agree that he won't leave, but I still think it's a possibility. Assuming he was serious about wanting to play with CP3, Wade, and Melo. I'm sure if Wade got CP3 here and there was enough space for Bron, he would at least consider it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's different now. If he left I don't think he would get any backlash. He fulfilled what he set out to do when he got there and gave Cleveland the taste of something they haven't had in over 50 years.

That being said I agree that he won't leave, but I still think it's a possibility. Assuming he was serious about wanting to play with CP3, Wade, and Melo. I'm sure if Wade got CP3 here and there was enough space for Bron, he would at least consider it.

Man, if I were him, I would be trying my hardest to get on the GS roster.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I hope Chicago is smart enough to realize the luxury tax is meaningless in a market like Chicago when adding a player like Lebron. We don't have to blatantly sign 3 players over the max like Clevelan, but if we are under the cap, we can go ahead and pay double for Lebron, whose selling power is valued at 100,000,000 a season.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
disliked for thinking Olive Garden may be average, let alone "a little above average". For your own good, son.

Nowadays what do you expect. At least I know at lunch I will be out by 45 minutes. I only get soup and salad. Can't go wrong with that. Its miles better than Applebee's, Chili's and rest of the garbage.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Nowadays what do you expect. At least I know at lunch I will be out by 45 minutes. I only get soup and salad. Can't go wrong with that. Its miles better than Applebee's, Chili's and rest of the garbage.

Just goofing, soupd & salad is all good.

i haven't actually stepped foot inside Olive Garden in 20+ years so i have no idea. I was under the impression that Applebees was a cut above Olive Garden and Chili's? IDK, i don't go to any of those places.

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bulls =
-8a6d2862baf6b8a9.jpg

It's going to be awesome show