Bulls sign Rajon Rondo for 2 years, $28 million

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Looks like their plan is to go out next year and try to get 2 max guys.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're asking for Rose to be consistent, not going to happen

You are asking Rondo to not be a dick to a coach that had issues last year with his team. lol

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are asking Rondo to not be a dick to a coach that had issues last year with his team. lol

I'm not asking Rondo to do anything. I am simply saying even with his hot-head he is still better and more consistent than rose. Rondo will actually be able to run Hoiberg's offense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want to add that we signed only one free agent,

And we signed the one I am confident there are 25 teams in the league that wouldn't allow Rondo in their locker room IF HE PAID THEM!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm not asking Rondo to do anything. I am simply saying even with his hot-head he is still better and more consistent than rose. Rondo will actually be able to run Hoiberg's offense.

No he's not. The only way I can imagine anyone thinking Rondo was consistent at anything, is if someone judged him based on his assist numbers.

Getting assists =/= getting your teammates involved. Rondo assists are like Kobe assists. If they didn't get something on the boxscore for doing it, they wouldn't. He also has issues with teammates that make extra passes to take away his stats. Not a team player in that regards, doesn't help the team win.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I just want to add that we signed only one free agent,

And we signed the one I am confident there are 25 teams in the league that wouldn't allow Rondo in their locker room IF HE PAID THEM!

It's basically just a 1 year deal. They had to fill up more of the cap. It's really not that bad. They'll have a boat load of cap space for next off season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope he gets the coach fired. Maybe we could sign George Karl next, keep Rondo and go after Boogie.

Booooooooommmm!!!!

Just realized the real target may in fact be boogie!! I'm in!!! Good one garpax!!

Sarcasm for the perspective win!!

If you can't sign big FAs, sign the guy who us friends with one. Surely they will discuss this.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take Rondo's Attitude and assists over D. Rose's Attitude and bad jump shooting, plus he costs considerably less. Is he what the Bulls need, no, but they needed something, anything. No reason for anyone of substance to come to Chicago right now, so...

Are the Bulls going to win the NBA with this team. No. But, their coach needs to show he can win with his system, with at least average/decent players. No way Gar/Pax can just tank a season and keep him. At least, that's my guess.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No he's not. The only way I can imagine anyone thinking Rondo was consistent at anything, is if someone judged him based on his assist numbers.

Getting assists =/= getting your teammates involved. Rondo assists are like Kobe assists. If they didn't get something on the boxscore for doing it, they wouldn't. He also has issues with teammates that make extra passes to take away his stats. Not a team player in that regards, doesn't help the team win.

He cant shoot and is scared to go to the line. So, he dribbles around until he can get an assist. Thats what he does. He doesnt make the correct plays and plays no D. Add to it he is a dick to almost every coach and is just not a likeable person. Ill take D Rose any day of the week. Nothing will happen for the Bulls until they decide they have to tank to start to build a championship team. Oh, Rondo and Butler should be great comedy doe.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I got mocked two years ago when I suggested that they get Rondo and move Rose to shooting guard. What is good about Rondo is what happens on the floor. He isn't a guy who looks to score first and I think that Butler will automatically increase his scoring by about five points per game or more. What is probably bad is his attitude and having a young coach like Freddie is probably going to be a problem.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still better than Rose is at this point in his career.

They finally got a real point guard. Waited way too long but it will at least make this team watchable next season. What will be interesting now is how Valentine turns out. He also can see the floor and set people up.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got mocked two years ago when I suggested that they get Rondo and move Rose to shooting guard. What is good about Rondo is what happens on the floor. He isn't a guy who looks to score first and I think that Butler will automatically increase his scoring by about five points per game or more. What is probably bad is his attitude and having a young coach like Freddie is probably going to be a problem.

You think Butler is going to score 30 ppg? Also, Rondo is a pass guy because he cant score. lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For all the Rose haters, if you think we were bad with Rose, just wait until you see how bad the offense will be with Rondo. He can get 20 assists a game and we'd still lose. His defender will be playing free safety all game. At least Rose could hit midrange jumpers.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all the Rose haters, if you think we were bad with Rose, just wait until you see how bad the offense will be with Rondo. He can get 20 assists a game and we'd still lose. His defender will be playing free safety all game. At least Rose could hit midrange jumpers.

I just keep waiting for people to actually watch him play D. Its great

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love the contract, do not love Rondo.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You think Butler is going to score 30 ppg? Also, Rondo is a pass guy because he cant score. lol

Butler averaged 20 last year. He can average 25 with Rondo setting him up I believe. So LOL all that you want to, genius.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No, his defender will not be playing free safety all game. Rondo can beat just about anyone on the dribble and will be able to set a shitload of Bulls up next season. There should be a lot of uncontested shots by Butler, Mirotic, McD. etc.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;n7O6idTRluc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7O6idTRluc[/video]