Bulls sign Rajon Rondo for 2 years, $28 million

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rondo doesn't really +PPG to his teammates though. He does have good vision, and can pile up assists when slashers have success. That is his bread and butter.

He has good hands.

But he stat pads and will constantly jeopardize games, blackball teammates that make good extra passes, and he'll sabotage backup PGs if they show him up. These don't add PPG. Butler may well get more points, but that's not because of Rondo "feeding" him. McDermott might have a better year, but that is also not because of Rondo feeding him either.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
When do the Bulls resign Captain Kirk?

Did you miss the press conference?

EP-707249650.jpg

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, his defender will not be playing free safety all game. Rondo can beat just about anyone on the dribble and will be able to set a shitload of Bulls up next season. There should be a lot of uncontested shots by Butler, Mirotic, McD. etc.
Rondo will get his numbers, yes, but let's not pretend that anyone in the league will be anywhere near him when he's out by the 3pt line.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, his defender will not be playing free safety all game. Rondo can beat just about anyone on the dribble and will be able to set a shitload of Bulls up next season. There should be a lot of uncontested shots by Butler, Mirotic, McD. etc.

Holy fuck, is this real? Rondo is 30 and doesnt blow past anyone. He cant shoot. He cant blow past anyone when you cant shoot. Do you drop acid when you watch things?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler averaged 20 last year. He can average 25 with Rondo setting him up I believe. So LOL all that you want to, genius.

Im sorry, I thought he averaged 25. Thats my mistake. I actually gave him more credit. Good talk though. Im glad you think he is a top 5 scorer now with Rondo. Maybe he does, but it will be because of volume and nothing to do with Rondo.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
GarPax subtle way of trying to tank?

Instead of going devoid of talent and name value like the Sixers, they sign Rondo to create the ultimate clash of personality and incite a brawl in the Bulls locker room. This completely derails the team and the Bulls end up with a top lottery pick.

GarPax saves face by not having to fully admit they were wrong about Hoiberg.

It's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

ignignokt

Liked Posts:
Fred sent Rondo the "Open Practice" video set. This is the key to a successful Rondo Renaissance.
But in all reality we are freaking doomed and there's nothing we can do about it. Our coach is a nice guy but a horrible coach. The only silver lining is we aren't Philly

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Maybe Pax is setting up Fred to fail (not that he needs help in that regard) and after he shows he can't coach Rondo and Jimmy they fire him in the off-season.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are like the White Sox, they are likely to never do a full rebuild "purposefully". So knowing that they're a front office that is going to try to get the most out of their players, this signing accomplishes that.

You essentially saved $7 million at the PG position, obtained a youngster in Grant at SG (who may or may not develop into something), an average center in Lopez, and now you have a team to compete for an above 4 seed in the East. Which really means they take themselves out of the running for a lottery pick and further basketball hell.

Rondo had a VORP of 1.9 and Rose was -.07 so we did get an upgrade at both C and PG.

It is not a good move, and it is not a bad move, it just makes them slightly better so fans still get intrigued and show up to games.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are like the White Sox, they are likely to never do a full rebuild "purposefully". So knowing that they're a front office that is going to try to get the most out of their players, this signing accomplishes that.

You essentially saved $7 million at the PG position, obtained a youngster in Grant at SG (who may or may not develop into something), an average center in Lopez, and now you have a team to compete for an above 4 seed in the East. Which really means they take themselves out of the running for a lottery pick and further basketball hell.

Rondo had a VORP of 1.9 and Rose was -.07 so we did get an upgrade at both C and PG.

It is not a good move, and it is not a bad move, it just makes them slightly better so fans still get intrigued and show up to games.

You really think Rondo will have a better year than Rose next year? I'll take that bet.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy fuck, is this real? Rondo is 30 and doesnt blow past anyone. He cant shoot. He cant blow past anyone when you cant shoot. Do you drop acid when you watch things?

You just do not know much about how well the guy can set people up. There is a reason why he led the NBA in assists last season. He can create scoring opportunities.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im sorry, I thought he averaged 25. Thats my mistake. I actually gave him more credit. Good talk though. Im glad you think he is a top 5 scorer now with Rondo. Maybe he does, but it will be because of volume and nothing to do with Rondo.

Hilarious.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hilarious.

What's hilarious is the fact that some people actually think this team will be competitive. All the Rondo signing does is put a mask on a season destined to tank. They're not the 76ers yet but they're heading in their direction and they should cross paths around the holidays. The Bulls headed down with the Sixers going up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is probably just Garpax scheming to collect another second rounder. Trade Rondo at the deadline after he chokes out Hoiberg. Genius.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What a bunch of drivel. Do you ever read what you write? Is 30 the magic time that a basketball player can't beat a guy to get to the basket? Rondo has a big time ability to get the ball to the basket. Rondo is very effective getting to the basket. That is actually where he scores his points. As for dropping acid, no, I don't drop acid. How juvenile of you to say that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
And yet look at all the wins he's accumulated

Let's put it this way...if you replace Rose with Rondo last year, would the Bulls be better or worse? Especially considering Rose's atrocious first half of the season? I think we would have been better. What about the year before? I think we would have been better. Rondo's not a guy who can "carry" a team per say, but neither is Rose anymore. The difference is, I think Rondo's ability to run an offense and get others involved (Jimmy, Doug, Niko especially), is more valuable than whatever Derrick gave us the past few years. Which was basically a whole lot of nothing and a handful of good games when he got jacked up to play on national TV against a star PG.