Bulls -vs- Heat Game 2, Wednesday 8:30 EST

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Me too. We got so hosed at home...I can only imagine how badly we're going to get destroyed in Miami. 40+ ftas for Miami I'm calling it. We'll shoot about 25 and hopefully not miss 10 again.

I think theyll both be close games in Miami.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I cant believe you guys are blaming Boozer for this one...he wasnt any worse than anyone else. As great as Deng has been all year, he turned the ball over 3 times at some real key moments and shot the ball poorly as well. EVERYONE shot like shit. Bulls didnt get many calls but what difference would it have made...they were bricking FTs all night as well.

I don't know anyone who's actually putting this on Boozer...It's a team loss, imo. I just think Boozy would be more effective playing the same amount of minutes off the bench, where he'd be the #1 scoring option. He can play the same 25-33 minutes he normally does, just play more of them w/ CJ and Korver on the floor.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I cant believe you guys are blaming Boozer for this one...he wasnt any worse than anyone else. As great as Deng has been all year, he turned the ball over 3 times at some real key moments and shot the ball poorly as well. EVERYONE shot like shit. Bulls didnt get many calls but what difference would it have made...they were bricking FTs all night as well.

Pretty much. Our offense was our downfall more than anything. We couldn't hit anything. That combined with the refs and the result was 62% free throw shooting, 34% fg% (though if we had gotten more calls perhaps those numbers would be higher). But at the end of the day...we sucked and that's why we lost.

sach1

Liked Posts:
i bet boozer's turf toe is hurting like hell again :lol:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think theyll both be close games in Miami.

Well I hope they'll all be like game 1, but chances are they'll be close and we're going to have to execute. We can't just stand around while Rose runs pick and roll. That makes it easy for Miami to pack in the paint and mug him.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I don't know anyone who's actually putting this on Boozer...It's a team loss, imo. I just think Boozy would be more effective playing the same amount of minutes off the bench, where he'd be the #1 scoring option. He can play the same 25-33 minutes he normally does, just play more of them w/ CJ and Korver on the floor.

I think Thibs is handling Boozer the way he should. He's letting him play and seeing how it goes. Tonight, Boozer was missing easy shots and was getting no lift. He was missing shots that Taj would have been dunking in many cases. And then you factor in Taj's defense and the fact that the margin of error against Miami is small enough that you cant really baby Boozer.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Lets not blame the referees...I can't believe I am reading that...Bulls lost this game because they sucked offensively...and made some bad mistakes at the end...refs not to blame for that...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That actually has some merit. He doesnt seem to mesh well when he's on the floor with Noah...sure Noah will hit him a few times underneath with passes but they seem to get in each others way going for rebounds.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
as long as we get that edge back we had in game 1, they cant fuck with us. we didnt get that uptempo sense of urgency till the second quarter and was gone by the 3rd.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This^ Deng was big in the other 9 games we played against other playoff teams and the last one against the heat but where was Boozer? Im just being realestic right now, Boozer hurts on both ends of the court and Taj has been a better D player and offensive players than he has

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Well I hope they'll all be like game 1, but chances are they'll be close and we're going to have to execute. We can't just stand around while Rose runs pick and roll. That makes it easy for Miami to pack in the paint and mug him.

Im hoping Rose will finish better in more games. Id also expect some of those open 3s to go down more than tonight (but not as much as game 1). I think Taj will play more because there was a stretch tonight were he bothered their shots on every possession for what seemed like 5 minutes.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lets not blame the referees...I can't believe I am reading that...Bulls lost this game because they sucked offensively...and made some bad mistakes at the end...refs not to blame for that...

Agreed but letting Wade heal some more instead of calling a delay of game like you should? What's up with that?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
We won't shoot 34% again, but we really need to make free throws. Our offense needs more movement. We had a lot of movement in game 1, but virtually none in this game. The difference is clear. That...and we couldn't hit the ocean...

Need to hit the threes more so than the free throws ... Bulls have won or lost all season based on whether Deng/Rose/Bogans/Watson are on or off from three.

(Excluding Korver because whether he shoots well or not seems to have little impact on the Bulls success, the threat of him shooting is worth as much as him actually doing it).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My question about the officials is...who the hell were these guys? I dont pay all that much attention to refs but I dont remember seeing these guys before. I mean there are only 4 teams still playing, why the hell arent the best offcials doing these games?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

But at the same time, Boozer got mugged on several shots in the first half. If some of those turn into points, we might have been ahead at the half, maybe the whole game could've been different. I agree that we sucked, but the refs certainly weren't helping. Overall just a bad bad game. Hopefully the worst of the series.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Kyle Korver needs to get his head out of his ass.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Need to hit the threes more so than the free throws ... Bulls have won or lost all season based on whether Deng/Rose/Bogans/Watson are on or off from three.

(Excluding Korver because whether he shoots well or not seems to have little impact on the Bulls success, the threat of him shooting is worth as much as him actually doing it).

We have to hit both. We make 5 more free throws and a couple 3s and this game is ours.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
something that makes me somewhat confident was the offense was so bad that it cant happen again, and we only lost by 10. Make a few more free throws and make the easy shots and I think we are fine.