Bulls vs. Nets

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I don't see what use firing Vinny will do either, unless the new coach can magically make Miller younger, Salmons fluke another good year, or Gibson and Pargo have actual NBA talent. The coach is only as good as his players.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Some random notes from the game:

Luol Deng 2-3 from three point land. Keep on taking them Luol, you have proven you can hit the threes.

I thought it was cool that Rose/Harris scored on identical shots back to back at the end of the game. Don't like the results of it, but it was just cool to see.

John Salmons' shot wasn't necessarily a bad look, but it was a dumb shot given that we were only down 1. When you're down one, attack the basket, or move the ball around to try to get an open jumpshot. No need to force a shot like that.

Also, what was with the Bulls last play. Absolutely no movement from Luol Deng or John Salmons. If we were playing the Celtics, you can bet that they would have had Rondo bringing the ball up court, and Ray Allen would have been running around some screens, and would have gotten the pass from Rondo for the potential game tying three.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3nNYTiqyEQ

Why weren't we trying to run a play like that while Rose was coming up the court with the ball. Have Salmons or Deng going around screens to free them for the three. This is just a lack of execution from the players, right? I mean we have to practice situations like this and have plays for this situation....right? right????? I mean my 6th grade basketball team had a play for that type of situation...so I would hope our coaching staff had a play that they had practiced too.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
That youtube video needs a "Warning: may contain KG intense face". Just when I had erased it from my mind ...

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Why weren't we trying to run a play like that while Rose was coming up the court with the ball. Have Salmons or Deng going around screens to free them for the three. This is just a lack of execution from the players, right? I mean we have to practice situations like this and have plays for this situation....right? right????? I mean my 6th grade basketball team had a play for that type of situation...so I would hope our coaching staff had a play that they had practiced too.

This is what I ask myself during every game. Don´t I have eyes or do the Bulls play offense based on improvisation? I seriously can´t see any system but the high pick and roll.

bobhot

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything you say, but I feel every one here is letting some one go too easily. John Paxon. When your boss handcuff you, and don't let you do your jog, you quit. Everything that is going on right now is also is responsibility. Had he resigned for what happened, He would have gained the respect of everyone in the league. We can't get rid of Jerry (unfortunately), everyone else in this front office should leave and let a new GM choose the new coach and the draft pick. That's where we're headed.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
bobhot wrote:
I agree with everything you say, but I feel every one here is letting some one go too easily. John Paxon. When your boss handcuff you, and don't let you do your jog, you quit. Everything that is going on right now is also is responsibility. Had he resigned for what happened, He would have gained the respect of everyone in the league. We can't get rid of Jerry (unfortunately), everyone else in this front office should leave and let a new GM choose the new coach and the draft pick. That's where we're headed.

I think Ben Gordon and Pau Gasol would both be in Bulls uniforms right now if Pax was allowed to do what he wanted to do.

Where our future got muddled was when Jerry Reinsdorf kicked John Paxson out of the negotiations in summer 2008.

I think John Paxson would have split the money evenly between Deng/Gordon. During some interview, Gordon said he didn't understand why they didn't split the money evenly between them, and I would go as far to guess that Paxson probably told Gordon that is what the plan was (Pax and Gordon had a good relationship)...but of course, Paxson got kicked out of the negotiations.

And I can guarantee you that Paxson would have signed Ben Gordon for that bargain bin deal that Ben accepted at the end of that negotiation period.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
bobhot wrote:

I think Ben Gordon and Pau Gasol would both be in Bulls uniforms right now if Pax was allowed to do what he wanted to do.

Where our future got muddled was when Jerry Reinsdorf kicked John Paxson out of the negotiations in summer 2008.

I think John Paxson would have split the money evenly between Deng/Gordon. During some interview, Gordon said he didn't understand why they didn't split the money evenly between them, and I would go as far to guess that Paxson probably told Gordon that is what the plan was (Pax and Gordon had a good relationship)...but of course, Paxson got kicked out of the negotiations.

And I can guarantee you that Paxson would have signed Ben Gordon for that bargain bin deal that Ben accepted at the end of that negotiation period.

Exactly, JR oversteps most owners roles and not for the better of the team. Outside of Mark Cuban, you don't hear of owners interviewing coaches or handling player negotiations or personnel changes. Nor do you have any of the other big markets playing with this small town budget. As if that isn't enough he also undermines an already bush league budget by offering a largest part of the biggest salary deferred in annuity that he paid much less than. Forget the 69 mill lux tax, this team is only really paying out like 67.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
JR costs us D'Antoni, his offensive scheme fits the players that are on this roster