Buster Skrine released

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Believe it when it actually happens. The way Skrine holds, it's going to take more than a tweet for me to believe that he's going anywhere.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
He had a terrible 2020. 78.1% completion rate against him and a 125.7 QB rating when targeting against him.

When GB and Minny moved Theilen and Adams intentionally to the slot to draw Skrine it was painful to watch. Chuckles didn't react well/left Buster on an island when he shouldn't have--but I don't get the love for a below-average, once-decent (before he got to Chicago) nickel back.

Even when it was slot WRs, he couldn't cover anyone. He just watched the WR catch it then chased. It was obvious that there would be a drop off when the Bears lost Bryce Callahan, but minus a handful of run stops--I can't recall many plays--where Skrine could break up passes. Or turned his head chasing the guy 2+ steps ahead of him.

That's worth the amount paid to him apparently.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When GB and Minny moved Theilen and Adams intentionally to the slot to draw Skrine it was painful to watch. Chuckles didn't react well/left Buster on an island when he shouldn't have--but I don't get the love for a below-average, once-decent (before he got to Chicago) nickel back.

Even when it was slot WRs, he couldn't cover anyone. He just watched the WR catch it then chased. It was obvious that there would be a drop off when the Bears lost Bryce Callahan, but minus a handful of run stops--I can't recall many plays--where Skrine could break up passes. Or turned his head chasing the guy 2+ steps ahead of him.

That's worth the amount paid to him apparently.

Thielen and Adams do that to everyone

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This was long overdue, I was never happy with the signing.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be surprised given our lack of CB depth if he doesn't end up back on the team at a much lower salary once he sits on the market for a while and no one bites. We still need a starting nickelback, potentially a replacement for Fuller if we have to ditch him due to salary and a reserve CB because JJohnson and his shoulder have a number of people concerned. Vildor might be able to be the reserve, but I don't think we have the NB solution on the roster and if we have to move on from Fuller to get under the cap to acquire some other talent, we definitely don't have a starting CB sitting in the wings. Man, the number of holes on this roster is depressing and likely continues to grow before it gets better.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
His brains are scrambled eggs. He shouldn’t be allowed to play anymore.