Byrd wants Cubs to go after Dunn

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would rather the Cubs CC to play 1st, he can probably do the same job if not better and put up better stats. This is just a joke because I know it won't happen. I would rather give money to CC than Dunn. I think he's more worth it.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want a Top 3 payroll to be honest, the more spending, the better the free agents to fill in the holes the prospects haven't filled.

We have a top 3 payroll right now, with plenty of FA signings that filled the holes.

I'll give you a spoiler- if you don't win the World Series very quickly with those Free Agents, they quickly become overpaid depreciating assets that drag down the team on the field, and handcuff management's ability to improve the team as well.

Not that I don't want a top 3 payroll, I'm just saying that it isn't like we don't know what a top 3 payroll would bring.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want a Top 3 payroll to be honest, the more spending, the better the free agents to fill in the holes the prospects haven't filled.

We don't need a top 3 payroll. We need to be smarter with the money. Not give out poor contracts like Bradley and Grabow.

We arent going to be in the top 2 so really as long as we are in the top 5ish I am happy. The Tigers, Cubs and Phillies are going to be pretty even.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
We don't need a top 3 payroll. We need to be smarter with the money. Not give out poor contracts like Bradley and Grabow.

We arent going to be in the top 2 so really as long as we are in the top 5ish I am happy. The Tigers, Cubs and Phillies are going to be pretty even.

I mean with good signings, not crap ones like Grabow and Bradley.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The results of the Fangraphs Dunn contract question are in. Contract Crowdsourcing Results: Adam Dunn | FanGraphs Baseball

The average is 3 years 37 million. A very low number IMO.

I dont think its that low. I think it might be one year low, but I think the money is a bit high. I voted 4/44. Which is about what I expect.

He isnt going to DH so that takes a lot of teams out. So basically he is a 1B, as no one is going to let him play LF.

So who is going to need a 1B?

Astros, Cubs, Braves, Natinals, Giants (though they will most likely resign Huff I would think), Rangers (maybe?), White Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays, and the Rays.

Those are really about the only teams I can see vying for his services. Cubs have to be the front runners of that, though I could see the Braves, Astros, or even the White Sox getting in on him.