dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I know the first thought of everyone is no fucking way but if you give it any thought is there any chance this could be a good move if we can get him on a cheap and low amount of years contract? If he didn't bring the distractions with him with the kneeling during the anthem and if we still drafted a young QB in the draft is there any way this could be a good idea?

https://t.co/1Hxlfd14nf

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Pass for me. I just don't think he is a very good QB and the distractions he would bring along with him make it a hard no for me.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No chance, he has been less than commited to his team in SF and his own teammates don't even like the guy. No way Pace and Fox want him around, even as the backup. Besides, he is a bad QB.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't give a shit about his kneeling during games. He made an ass of himself after admitting he didn't fucking vote. The problem is I don't know that he can do his job on the field. I don't know that he hasn't been through too much in the hell hole that is SF. Want to bring him in and kick the tires for the minimum? Throw him into the mix? I won't be dead set against it but I don't think he is anyone's future. Would you rather have him or Hoyer (or Cutler for that matter) "teaching" the new guy? At least the likes of Hoyer or even Cutler (NO I am not advocating Cutler but making a point) showing a rookie the ropes? The point is, Kap isn't the future and he doesn't have as much practical experience as other available QBs.

I think the Bears best path is with a veteran starter for a year, maybe two if the veteran is really good (Romo), and have the QB you draft this year start when he is ready. Kap isn't that guy for a number of reasons.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No chance, he has been less than commited to his team in SF and his own teammates don't even like the guy. No way Pace and Fox want him around, even as the backup. Besides, he is a bad QB.

They say that teammates and coaches swear by his leadership and i haven't heard much about his teammates not liking him and actually remember teammates wanting him to start over Gabbert at the time. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, i'm just posting this article to see what you guys thought about it. You gotta think that a lot of his struggles the last couple of years had to do with all he's gone through from the media talk and losing his starting job and everything else and think maybe that has a lot to do with his drop off cause the guy did bring the 49ers to two NFC championship games but they also had dominant defenses at that time as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Don't give a shit about his kneeling during games. He made an ass of himself after admitting he didn't fucking vote. The problem is I don't know that he can do his job on the field. I don't know that he hasn't been through too much in the hell hole that is SF. Want to bring him in and kick the tires for the minimum? Throw him into the mix? I won't be dead set against it but I don't think he is anyone's future. Would you rather have him or Hoyer (or Cutler for that matter) "teaching" the new guy? At least the likes of Hoyer or even Cutler (NO I am not advocating Cutler but making a point) showing a rookie the ropes? The point is, Kap isn't the future and he doesn't have as much practical experience as other available QBs.

I think the Bears best path is with a veteran starter for a year, maybe two if the veteran is really good (Romo), and have the QB you draft this year start when he is ready. Kap isn't that guy for a number of reasons.

Well said and i agree with what you're saying here. I've actually been leaning towards a trade for Romo and still draft one of these top QB's like Kizer or Trubisky lately and would love for either to sit and learn behind a guy like Romo for a year or two.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Mark Sanchez went to a couple AFC title games...Rex Grossman went to a Super Bowl. Trent Diller won one. What his team did, doesn't mean he is a QB who's worth anything. Bum. Bum. Bum. All Bums.....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just listen to the point D.Jeremiah makes on page two in the audio thing on the bottom of the page cause he does make some good points.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
Just the kind of non-distracting leader our team is looking for.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They say that teammates and coaches swear by his leadership and i haven't heard much about his teammates not liking him and actually remember teammates wanting him to start over Gabbert at the time. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, i'm just posting this article to see what you guys thought about it. You gotta think that a lot of his struggles the last couple of years had to do with all he's gone through from the media talk and losing his starting job and everything else and think maybe that has a lot to do with his drop off cause the guy did bring the 49ers to two NFC championship games but they also had dominant defenses at that time as well.

Body language on the sideline shows that Kaepernick is not well liked by his teammates. They avoid him like the plague. Now granted, that team was a shit show this year.

And again, he is a bad QB and offers no upside to the Bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Body language on the sideline shows that Kaepernick is not well liked by his teammates. They avoid him like the plague. Now granted, that team was a shit show this year.

And again, he is a bad QB and offers no upside to the Bears.

Oh ok, so you didn't hear anything about teammates not liking him you're just going off of what you saw on the sidelines.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I know the first thought of everyone is no fucking way but if you give it any thought is there any chance this could be a good move if we can get him on a cheap and low amount of years contract? If he didn't bring the distractions with him with the kneeling during the anthem and if we still drafted a young QB in the draft is there any way this could be a good idea?

https://t.co/1Hxlfd14nf

Do you sit at home thinking to yourself: "What thread could I start that would make me look dumber than I already do?"