Caleb Williams vs Justin Fields

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And plenty of great prospects turn out to be shitty or just average pros. It's crap shoot really. Here's the starting QBs in the league drafted in the top 10 and then outside of it:
  • Matt Stafford
  • Jared Goff
  • Joe Burrow
  • Kyler Gordon
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Bryce Young
  • Baker Mayfield
  • C.J. Stroud
  • Anthony Richardson
  • Tua Tagovailoa
  • Justin Herbert
  • Daniel Jones
  • Josh Allen
  • Patrick Mahomes
Starting QBs drafted outside of the top 10:
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Mac Jones
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Kenny Pickett
  • Will Levis
  • Russell Wilson
  • Jimmy Garappolo
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Jordan Love
  • Justin Fields
  • Desmond Ridder
  • Derek Carr
  • Brock Purdy
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Dak Prescott
  • Geno Smith
  • Sam Howell

It's actually been quite amusing to see Baba go from someone who was painfully pro-draft a QB despite trying so hard to paint himself a part of the rational middle ground, to just dropping the mask and being all in on Caleb Williams despite being desperate and vitriolic when you point it out to him.

I mean, even if we disagreed, he'd had gotten more respect if he just said he was a Caleb Williams guy from the beginning. I don't understand what some people get from playing these weird "I am not a die hard Player X fan (but deep down I really am and don't want you to know it)" games - it just seems emotionally desperate....

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You are pulling a Trubisky. Williams is clearly the superior prospect. I likely stick with Fields but no need to destroy credibility by talking out of your ass.

This means jack shit as Fields' NFL career proves. He has failed in the clutch numerous times in the NFL.

In fact one of his problems is he tries to play hero ball which may work in college but gets you a lot of turnovers and injuries in the NFL.
Are you talking Willams?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's actually been quite amusing to see Baba go from someone who was painfully pro-draft a QB despite trying so hard to paint himself a part of the rational middle ground, to just dropping the mask and being all in on Caleb Williams despite being desperate and vitriolic when you point it out to him.

I mean, even if we disagreed, he'd had gotten more respect if he just said he was a Caleb Williams guy from the beginning. I don't understand what some people get from playing these weird "I am not a die hard Player X fan (but deep down I really am and don't want you to know it)" games - it just seems emotionally desperate....
Baba has always been a heel

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I’m not even sure I like Caleb more than Maye if they go the draft route. But keep talkin.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even can't miss prospects aren't always that but rolling the dice with the number one pick on a qb everyone has worries about is questionable. The Bears can take the best WR to come out in years and still take a QB to develop later.
This

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@msadows calls me a troll mod too except that I’m 100% a troll mod.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's also part of Caleb's problem in college already. Hero ball. It's why he also fumbles as much as he does. I know it looks like I'm against Williams but I'm not. If the Bears move on from Fields, the only QBs I think they should target are Williams or Daniels. That's it. I don't want to see the Bears move on from Fields for any of the other prospects in this class. It's just the talk around Williams has gotten out of control. Like, way out of control. Comparing him to Mahomes, who very well might be the most talented all-around QB ever, is pretty unfair to Williams and putting unrealistic expectations on him just because he made a couple throws at odd arm angles.

Yeah, and that's part of the reason that Fields dropped was because of rumored health issues. So it's pretty pointless to talk about where a guy was drafted as an indictment or vindication of his talent.

I agree Williams has that tendency as well.

Are you talking Willams?

Fields but see above. Williams is just more successful when he ad libs.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Y’all get troll mod but I get worst mod. In reality I only ban two people religiously and they suck

Mister PIB has a point. Bears should seriously call the Chargers and make a trade for Justin Herbert!!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Even can't miss prospects aren't always that but rolling the dice with the number one pick on a qb everyone has worries about is questionable. The Bears can take the best WR to come out in years and still take a QB to develop later.
"Take a QB to develop later" can be translated to "kick the can down the road and waste a high pick".

This isn't buying plants for landscaping where you pay less for one that is smaller but will grow to the same size as the larger ones. The cheaper QB (in terms of draft capital) is cheaper because their ceiling is considerably lower.

Please don't tell me Tom Brady went in the 6th round. I believe that's been covered enough.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Take a QB to develop later" can be translated to "kick the can down the road and waste a high pick".

This isn't buying plants for landscaping where you pay less for one that is smaller but will grow to the same size as the larger ones. The cheaper QB (in terms of draft capital) is cheaper because their ceiling is considerably lower.

Please don't tell me Tom Brady went in the 6th round. I believe that's been covered enough.
So you're saying you know Caleb Williams is a sure thing. Put up or shut up.