Caleb Williams - would be honored to play for bears

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What is this fascination with worrying that Caleb Williams is going to refuse to play for the Bears?

The Bears ownership, and their track record with offense is terrible. But it's the 3rd biggest market in the country, and they've never had a superstar QB. If Caleb Williams becomes a star in Chicago, he'll also become a billionaire. He's not going to pass that up to demand to play for the Washington Commanders or Arizona Cardinals. If Poles wants him, he's going to be a Chicago Bear.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
What is this fascination with worrying that Caleb Williams is going to refuse to play for the Bears?

The Bears ownership, and their track record with offense is terrible. But it's the 3rd biggest market in the country, and they've never had a superstar QB. If Caleb Williams becomes a star in Chicago, he'll also become a billionaire. He's not going to pass that up to demand to play for the Washington Commanders or Arizona Cardinals. If Poles wants him, he's going to be a Chicago Bear.
I don't know about "worried" but pretending that he and his family have not said they have a preference for where he goes is foolish.

The Bears have been mostly bad for 30 years, plus the fan base is split on even wanting him, so it's not unreasonable to think he wouldn't want to come here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Cowherd is instantly who I think of when I think connected. Or when he's saying something that I want to hear I use him as a reliable source even if I know better
head-scratcher-confused.gif

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Can't wait for Poles and them to finally sit down with this dude and have a conversation. All the she-said she-said and unverified girl-talk is aggitating af.

Bust

Liked Posts:
How much longer of this shit? 2.5 months?

if we go by last season . . . just one more month boo

March 10 was when it went public last year

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't know about "worried" but pretending that he and his family have not said they have a preference for where he goes is foolish.

The Bears have been mostly bad for 30 years, plus the fan base is split on even wanting him, so it's not unreasonable to think he wouldn't want to come here.
He's the best QB prospect in the draft, and probably would be considered to be the best QB prospect in the last several drafts. You draft him at #1. If he verbalizes to the Bears that he doesn't want to play for them, then you trade the pick and take either the next QB that you want if your evaluation says to do that, or you draft Marvin Harrison.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
He's the best QB prospect in the draft, and probably would be considered to be the best QB prospect in the last several drafts. You draft him at #1. If he verbalizes to the Bears that he doesn't want to play for them, then you trade the pick and take either the next QB that you want if your evaluation says to do that, or you draft Marvin Harrison.
Or you replace Charles Leno 2.0 and draft the generational 6'8" LT prospect and have bookend elite tackles for the next decade.

I'm glad Poles has options

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Or you replace Charles Leno 2.0 and draft the generational 6'8" LT prospect and have bookend elite tackles for the next decade.

I'm glad Poles has options
There’s no generational LT prospect in this draft. There are several really good ones.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

All the teams he would go to have been bad. He’s not going to the Chiefs. 😂

And I can find fans from every franchise that don’t like a player. Fans aren’t some monolithic block.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
All the teams he would go to have been bad. He’s not going to the Chiefs. 😂

And I can find fans from every franchise that don’t like a player. Fans aren’t some monolithic block.
The Patriots have been a bad organization over the last 30 years? 🤡

The Justin Fields vs Caleb debate is being talked about nationally, and the fans were chanting "We want Fields" on television.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Patriots have been a bad organization over for the last 30 years? 🤡

The Justin Fields vs Caleb debate is being talked about nationally, and the fans were chanting "We want Fields" on television.
Yeah Tom and Bill are gone.