In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
There’s no generational LT prospect in this draft. There are several really good ones.
You're mistaken. Alt is as "generational" as Caleb is and Fashanu is excellent as well. The other tackle prospects are RTs, both will be gone in the top 10

Last edited:

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Of course he would be honored. I know situations like Eli and the Chargers, Elway and the Colts(signed with the Yankees in a bold move), and crap, but
prestige of
1) 1st overall pick
2) Number one Jersey Sale for the start of the year
3) Endorsement deals plentiful in a market like Chicago/nationally
4) Not a high standard to be one of the most yearly prolific passers in franchise history
5) Already have a top target in DJ Moore and GM and Coaches ready to save their ass by doing all they can to assure you success
6) Have any sort of sustained success and they will build a statue of you outside the new stadium that will be tagged with the house that Caleb built

Bust

Liked Posts:
. . . and the fans were chanting "We want Fields" on television.

His teammates support Fields like a mofo as well. Did Mitch get this level of support when he was on his way out?

hellz Trubisky got booed at a bulls game before he even took his first snap in a bear uniform, #ouch

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
His teammates support Fields like a mofo as well. Did Mitch get this level of support when he was on his way out?

hellz Trubisky got booed at a bulls game before he even took his first snap in a bear uniform, #ouch
It's a tough position for a rookie to walk into because of expectations of being a franchise savior and replacing such a well liked player as Justin.

The Bears do have a lot going for them (market size, popularity and solid roster) so it all depends on what Caleb wants.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Or you replace Charles Leno 2.0 and draft the generational 6'8" LT prospect and have bookend elite tackles for the next decade.

I'm glad Poles has options
Just curious, what are you beliefs of what the Bears should do at the QB position? Are you just not interested in Caleb Williams, or do you think that they should keep Fields and build around him?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Just curious, what are you beliefs of what the Bears should do at the QB position? Are you just not interested in Caleb Williams, or do you think that they should keep Fields and build around him?
I'm comfortable with Fields for next season but I think they should draft a QB to groom as his replacement in the event he doesn't progress.

I like Caleb's talent and will be onboard if Poles makes that choice, but I don't think he is an instant upgrade, no brainer selection.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
What is this fascination with worrying that Caleb Williams is going to refuse to play for the Bears?

The Bears ownership, and their track record with offense is terrible. But it's the 3rd biggest market in the country, and they've never had a superstar QB. If Caleb Williams becomes a star in Chicago, he'll also become a billionaire. He's not going to pass that up to demand to play for the Washington Commanders or Arizona Cardinals. If Poles wants him, he's going to be a Chicago Bear.
The Williams family is all about building the brand, and in this day and age this is not a bad thing. Where better to build that brand than LA, Chicago or NY. Chicago being the only city that has his draft rights.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like the Lavar Ball family, remember him? lol

His sons are doing just fine. Wish Lonzo wasn't hurt but he said his kids would be successful and they achieved it

Lavar Ball talked shit but was never a problem imo

Canth

Liked Posts:
You're mistaken. Alt is as "generational" as Caleb is and Fashanu is excellent as well. The other tackle prospects are RTs both will be gone in the top 10

Out of curiosity, if you somehow found yourself at 9 with both Alt and Odunze on the board, who are you taking?

Bust

Liked Posts:
His sons are doing just fine. Wish Lonzo wasn't hurt but he said his kids would be successful and they achieved it

Lavar Ball talked shit but was never a problem imo

both his sons are made of balsa wood. His dad did a great job marketing his kiddo's tho

his other son hurt again like his brother and leading a 10 win charlotte team

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Out of curiosity, if you somehow found yourself at 9 with both Alt and Odunze on the board, who are you taking?
Alt probably no matter what happens at #1.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The scenarios are endless, we all want to add playmakers for the QB next year. Say the Bears go CW with first pick and then there is a run on WR and QBs with the hype surround those positions. If Alt or Fashanu somehow there at 9 and the Bears have already signed someone like Pittman in FA for WR, you could bolster the OL and now have Jones as the swing tackle/3rd tackle in jumbo package. That's a hell of 3rd tackle.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm going to say Odunze. I wouldn't be upset with Alt, but I probably would be if they took Alt, then a run on WRs happens before the Bears pick again, and they're running the WR room back with DJ Moore and a bunch of scrubs. Another impact pass catcher has to be picked up, and probably 2 more. Ideally one earlyish in the draft, and one in FA.

I'd be really concerned about that not happening no matter who is under center. 🤷‍♂️

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm going to say Odunze. I wouldn't be upset with Alt, but I probably would be if they took Alt, then a run on WRs happens before the Bears pick again, and they're running the WR room back with DJ Moore and a bunch of scrubs. Another impact pass catcher has to be picked up, and probably 2 more. Ideally one earlyish in the draft, and one in FA.

I'd be really concerned about that not happening no matter who is under center. 🤷‍♂️
Having two elite wrs would be great especially one that can be the new num one in 5 years when Moore is expired.

Also great to have great lt RT combo for a decade

When have the bears been so fortunate to be in this position?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure people would hate a trade down from 9 but I do like that center from Oregon JPJ and they need some picks in that early 2nd round range. Something to consider if players like Nabers. Odunze, Bowers are gone

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
both his sons are made of balsa wood. His dad did a great job marketing his kiddo's tho

his other son hurt again like his brother and leading a 10 win charlotte team
How is making money for your kids a bad thing?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I'm sure people would hate a trade down from 9 but I do like that center from Oregon JPJ and they need some picks in that early 2nd round range. Something to consider if players like Nabers. Odunze, Bowers are gone
If they are trading down, there's 3 guys on my radar in the back half of the 1st round. Darius Robinson, barton and Brian Thomas Jr