Calling out WindyCity, Runruffshod75, Wildcard, and BearsFan51 (FA/DRAFT)

Mitchapalooza

You 4 are usually the most invested in the FA/Draft period, so I'm curious what each of you would do (or at least try to do) in FA & in the draft this year if you were hypothetically the GM for the Bears.

edit: inb4 any Special person comments because it's CCS.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Polar doesn't get any love. Windy is the only one on my level.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
th

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
and fatbeard, if he still exists.

Mitchapalooza

Fuck now I'm just an asshole for forgetting everyone else

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Well, for starters. I'd sign Smokey Robinson and Cago in FA and draft Rawdawg with our first pick. Some view Chris Sokia as having great late round value with upside however, I wouldn't touch him as an UDFA.

I'd probably also consider trading RR75 for a 2nd/ early 3rd for lack of inactivity and an unwavering Boner for Bama running backs.

My full Mock will be ready two weeks post combine.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Aren't call out threads against the rules?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I'd like to improve the front seven in this draft by drafting guys who can rush the passer. The first round pick should likely be either a top level 3-4 DE guy or an OLB pass rusher. I honestly would not be disappointed if they snagged a 3-4 DE in the first and then if a guy like Shillique Calhoun is there in the second snapped him up to be their developmental pass rusher type who outright replaces Willie Young in 2017. Young heads into the final year of his contract in 2016 and I don't foresee any reason to resign him after that. He's the ideal prospect to bring and learn behind the three vets before stepping into a primary role in year two.

I'd like to see the Bears look to find that guy who will fill the Ray. McDonald Jarvis Jenkins role. I pray that by some miracle or just outright stupidity that DeForest Buckner falls to the Bears at 11 but that's likely not going to happen.

Free agency focus is simply gravy. I'm not looking for any serious impact out of this free agency class. If the Bears happen to find an impact free agent signee, that's just gravy. The focus however should merely be finding guys who fill out the roster until the draft picks develop.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You 4 are usually the most invested in the FA/Draft period, so I'm curious what each of you would do (or at least try to do) in FA & in the draft this year if you were hypothetically the GM for the Bears.

edit: inb4 any Special person comments because it's CCS.

Why don't you just look at all of the off season threads that they've all done and then you'll see what they would do?? Sounds pretty simple.