Calling out WindyCity, Runruffshod75, Wildcard, and BearsFan51 (FA/DRAFT)

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Well, for starters. I'd sign Smokey Robinson and Cago in FA and draft Rawdawg with our first pick. Some view Chris Sokia as having great late round value with upside however, I wouldn't touch him as an UDFA.

I'd probably also consider trading RR75 for a 2nd/ early 3rd for lack of inactivity and an unwavering Boner for Bama running backs.

My full Mock will be ready two weeks post combine.

I want more guaranteed money than Cago.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
You 4 are usually the most invested in the FA/Draft period, so I'm curious what each of you would do (or at least try to do) in FA & in the draft this year if you were hypothetically the GM for the Bears.

edit: inb4 any Special person comments because it's CCS.

already too late.

i kid.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This thread should be deleted and the user banned for a callout thread.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I'd like to improve the front seven in this draft by drafting guys who can rush the passer. The first round pick should likely be either a top level 3-4 DE guy or an OLB pass rusher. I honestly would not be disappointed if they snagged a 3-4 DE in the first and then if a guy like Shillique Calhoun is there in the second snapped him up to be their developmental pass rusher type who outright replaces Willie Young in 2017. Young heads into the final year of his contract in 2016 and I don't foresee any reason to resign him after that. He's the ideal prospect to bring and learn behind the three vets before stepping into a primary role in year two.

I'd like to see the Bears look to find that guy who will fill the Ray. McDonald Jarvis Jenkins role. I pray that by some miracle or just outright stupidity that DeForest Buckner falls to the Bears at 11 but that's likely not going to happen.

Free agency focus is simply gravy. I'm not looking for any serious impact out of this free agency class. If the Bears happen to find an impact free agent signee, that's just gravy. The focus however should merely be finding guys who fill out the roster until the draft picks develop.

Buckner in the first and Calhoun in the second would be unreal.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This user should be deleted from the CCS database and never allowed back because fuck you that's why.

That doesn't sound like a real rule.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Buckner in the first and Calhoun in the second would be unreal.

Buckner seems like an impossibility at this point and while Calhoun is continuously rated in the 40ish range I think he'll be gone before round two based on length and burst off the ball. When he wants to get off the ball and bend there aren't much better.

The thing about Buckner is I didn't think Williams would fall in the first like he did last either. And while ultimately the Bears didn't land Williams if teams feel safe drafting three QBs in the top-10 anything is possible at that point. Q

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Buckner seems like an impossibility at this point and while Calhoun is continuously rated in the 40ish range I think he'll be gone before round two based on length and burst off the ball. When he wants to get off the ball and bend there aren't much better.

The thing about Buckner is I didn't think Williams would fall in the first like he did last either. And while ultimately the Bears didn't land Williams if teams feel safe drafting three QBs in the top-10 anything is possible at that point. Q

Yeah you never know how teams have these guys rated until it goes down and who knows maybe he does slide but I agree he is very unlikely. I think Calhoun goes late first so I would be pumped with him in the second.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Another boring johnny thread. Yawn

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yeah you never know how teams have these guys rated until it goes down and who knows maybe he does slide but I agree he is very unlikely. I think Calhoun goes late first so I would be pumped with him in the second.

I'm worried that this is shaping up to be a shitty draft talent wise this year. It's a deep interior DL type of class and possibly a base 4-3 DE class but the rest of the talent in this draft leaves a lot to be desired. It wouldn't surprise me to see Pace trade down and try to collect picks to combine numbers rather than risking missing on a high end player that's not there.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL are you serious? we're kidding...well at least he was ;)

That's it Urblock, ban this cringe inducing dorkchop. I've had enough

Mitchapalooza

You should make that your avatar. Just to warn everyone before u kill them with cringe.

please stop derailing my premium quality thread. thanks and have a good day.

best regards,

Lunchbox

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
.................. :cringe:

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I'm worried that this is shaping up to be a shitty draft talent wise this year. It's a deep interior DL type of class and possibly a base 4-3 DE class but the rest of the talent in this draft leaves a lot to be desired. It wouldn't surprise me to see Pace trade down and try to collect picks to combine numbers rather than risking missing on a high end player that's not there.

I think its easy to find flaws in any class but I would disagree as I think there is a lot of top talent. It is definitely heavy on the interior DL, and given the Bears need that is not a bad thing, but there are a lot of guys I would be very happy about picking at 11.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
This class was supposed to be insanely deep until a record number of underclassmen declared last year.

The one good thing about Buckner is he is pretty much a 5 tech only and there are a few 3-4 teams in front of us that are in dire need of a QB. I agree on Calhoun. He'll likely here his name called late first. If he did slide into the top of the 2nd. I'd consider making a jump up sitting on 3 6th round picks. Then again at 41 there should a ton of good talent to chose from. It's a fairly deep class in good/solid prospect's. Tons of Value on the defensive side.