Calling out WindyCity, Runruffshod75, Wildcard, and BearsFan51 (FA/DRAFT)

AussieBear

The unknown is white. If the man is a stud and can take the top off like a young moss, look out nfc. Alshon and the rest of the offense will benefit if the opposing team is shading to whites side and playing deep

hell if white can blaze and go get it.. Cutler can just chuck it and not worry about his deep ball accuracy issues.

Then all the bears would need to do is contunue to improve on defense while adding a couple of playmakers and the bears will be playoff contenders and once the playoffs start anything can happen ..... Well depending on injuries etc.

If white is a dud... They better have another bonified playmaker somewhere if they want to compete. Or it's back to the drawing board another year

It's a shame forte won't be around next year

mecha

Liked Posts:
The unknown is white. If the man is a stud and can take the top off like a young moss, look out nfc. Alshon and the rest of the offense will benefit if the opposing team is shading to whites side and playing deep

hell if white can blaze and go get it.. Cutler can just chuck it and not worry about his deep ball accuracy issues. If whites a dud.. well then back to the drawing board for another year.

Then all the bears would need to do is contunue to improve on defense while adding a couple of playmakers and the bears will be playoff contenders and once the playoffs start anything can happen ..... Well depending on injuries etc.

yeah, I think it's horseshit they didn't even make ANY offer to him. I'm gonna be really pissed if they let either or both Jeffery and Bennett go. you're taking GREAT players and dumping them, creating needs, and replacing them with unknowns. not to mention you're wasting resources that should go to the defense, not create holes and fill them with limited picks when you already have great players in place. it's a stupid strategy.

that's why the Marshall deal was stupid. if he was decrepit and underperforming I'd buy your theories that he was expendable.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
And now we have ourselves another Brandon Marshall thread.

mecha

Liked Posts:
And now we have ourselves another Brandon Marshall thread.

you're welcome.

I haven't been able to match the folks that make threads into Cutler threads just yet. give it time.

in fact, is this a Cutler thread?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
you're welcome.

I haven't been able to match the folks that make threads into Cutler threads just yet. give it time.

in fact, is this a Cutler thread?

There was no point in keeping Marshall, just like there's no point in keeping Alshon, since we have no one to get them the ball.

Now it's a Cutler thread.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Marshall pretty much said during his Super Bowl media circle jerk, that he had to leave Chicago.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why this is such a debate.

Losing Jeffery would be idiotic.

Losing Bennett would be meh.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Marshall pretty much said during his Super Bowl media circle jerk, that he had to leave Chicago.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why this is such a debate.

Losing Jeffery would be idiotic.

Losing Bennett would be meh.

I think losing Bennett would hurt more than most people think. Yes, he has a toxic personality, but he's one hell of a TE. If he's as toxic as Marshall in the eyes of the front office, then smell ya later Bennett.

mecha

Liked Posts:
cheerio blokes. enjoy your thread.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

hell if white can blaze and go get it.. Cutler can just chuck it and not worry about his deep ball accuracy issues. If whites a dud.. well then back to the drawing board for another year.

First you say he's an unknown, then you say he's a stud.

Truth is, your first sentence is correct.

No one knows what he'll be like as a pro. We don't know how he'll adjust to pro CB's and defenses. We don't know if he can read / play with a pro-set play book. We don't know if he'll even be back 100% from his injury.

The only thing we know about him at the pro level is that he fractured his leg by running and missed the whole season because of it.

AussieBear

First you say he's an unknown, then you say he's a stud.

Truth is, your first sentence is correct.

No one knows what he'll be like as a pro. We don't know how he'll adjust to pro CB's and defenses. We don't know if he can read / play with a pro-set play book. We don't know if he'll even be back 100% from his injury.

The only thing we know about him at the pro level is that he fractured his leg by running and missed the whole season because of it.

I said "if" he's a stud...

Like u said he was hurt and for all we know he is no longer a 4.3 guy... Rather just an undersized 4.799 te posing as a wr

AussieBear

yeah, I think it's horseshit they didn't even make ANY offer to him. I'm gonna be really pissed if they let either or both Jeffery and Bennett go. you're taking GREAT players and dumping them, creating needs, and replacing them with unknowns. not to mention you're wasting resources that should go to the defense, not create holes and fill them with limited picks when you already have great players in place. it's a stupid strategy.

that's why the Marshall deal was stupid. if he was decrepit and underperforming I'd buy your theories that he was expendable.

I get why they want to move on.. but as fans who have followed fortes entire career..we know what he brings and how consistent he has been and is

Langford showed some flashes last year but I'm sure another late rd or rookie free agent Wil be brought in to compete for a spot in the stable.

Pace is doing his best to get young I suppose.. too bad young isn't always better. Hopefully forte does end up in ne.. hes been a class act

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What you say makes sense, but it goes against the Bears' draft history. Pace spending two high picks on Sutton and Ferguson could be the equivalent to Emery wasting picks on Bostic and Greene at LB...although Sutton sometimes earns a start due to the rules stipulating that you should probably have 11 players on defense.

The Bears hriing Pace goes against the Bears GM History hires.

BTW, Pace didn't draft Sutton and Ferguson, Emery did.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Its amazing how much money the Bears have invested in these two areas, either with Cutler's contract or with the plethora of FA money invested in Houston, Allen, and to a lesser degree Young. Yet the Bears tend to avoid drafting these types of players. I think the last QB they used a high pick on was Grossman. Goldman was a nice pick, but he is more of a run/pass DT than a pass rusher. I guess McClellin was the last pass-rush guy the Bears drafted since Tommie Harris, and he's now the worst starting MLB in the league.

What you say makes sense, but it goes against the Bears' draft history. Pace spending two high picks on Sutton and Ferguson could be the equivalent to Emery wasting picks on Bostic and Greene at LB...although Sutton sometimes earns a start due to the rules stipulating that you should probably have 11 players on defense.

Know what you're saying, but this is weird. Pace is nothing like the past GMs the Bears have had. And he didn't draft Sutton/Ferguson. He's had only 1 draft.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is my plan.

Find a way to get my man Vernon Butler on the Bears.

ksuFumble.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ben Albright

Per my guy @eric_adelson #Saints #Bears #Chargers #Packers #Chiefs & #Raiders have all reached out to QB Carson Wentz's HS coach for info.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Here is my plan.

ksuFumble.jpg

Trade down with the Jets for the #20 and a 2nd.

#20- Vernon Butler
2. Su'a Cravens
2. Von Bell

To go along with Trevathan, Janoris Jenkins, Bruton, Jeff Allen, Darryl Tapp

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Here is my plan.

ksuFumble.jpg

Man crush. He looks the closest to me to the great NFL 3-4 DEs. My hope is everyone doesn't pick an interior lineman in the 1st and somehow he makes it to our pick in the 2nd. Either him or Clark from UCLA.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch Out Trade down ! Omelet alert !!!!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Watch Out Trade down ! Omelet alert !!!!

I'm not usually in favor of trade downs but this year could be a good time to do it. The value at someone at 11 compared to Butler at 20 could be very minimal and the extra 2nd round pick could potentially be worth it. Depending who's on the board of course.