Canucks @ Hawks 10/21/21

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
I'm sick of hearing how good this team is post game from the players. Just shut up. Ignore that damn scoreboard.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...so that happened.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
This team just can’t generate offense.

They have to open up and play run and gun again

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry, this team has to cut bait at 0-5 or Blowman has to come out and say the goal is to lose every game for a top two pick

Bust

Liked Posts:
Maybe?

But part of me thinks Blowman is going to ride Colonton until the both of them get canned like a rough batch of potted meat.

yah "Bowman won't make the move cause jeremiah is his handpicked chosen one and he just extended him for 2 years.

It's got to come from the higher ups that is above Bowman level.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Kane says "we know we have a good team." Pfft. BS. Whatever. That's the crap im sick of hearing. They suck. Probably worst team in the league and it isn't close.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At least we all got a good Patrick Kane circle jerk out of this

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
When the analysts are hand picked and approved by the Hawks front office you know you're never gonna hear honest analysis. They could be 0-74-8 and you'd still hear "they didn't win any games this year but there's a lot to build on going into next year." Etc etc. It's all BS.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another debacle. And personally, I blame @MassHavoc

iu

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Considering everyone (myself included) was clamoring for him to be in the lineup, it's ironic that Strome is the one that essentially changed the game for the worse last night with that utterly horrific offensive zone hooking penalty near the end of the period.

I sincerely hope there is something wrong injury-wise with some of these guys, because then it might be easier to accept how bad they are all playing.

Toews was utterly exhausted on Van's second goal and the reason why the shot from the point got through, because he was way late to cover his man. The thing is, it really wasn't that long of a shift, if I remember correctly. He really needs to get back into game shape here fast, otherwise, this team will be toast -- but I'm starting to wonder if that's even possible. It's hard enough for a young guy to take an entire year off, let alone someone in their mid-thirties. I just being realistic here: I don't know if he's going to be able to recover from that year off.

The thing about the Hawks is this: they can't forecheck (although they did have one shift where they effectively forechecked for a prolonged period and gained a turnover, think it was the 4th line), they can't win battles, and most importantly, they can't block shots. Just watch other teams around the league and see how well they block shots compared to the Hawks, it's insane. Even Vancouver last night -- especially when the Hawks were pressing toward the end, they clogged up shooting lanes by blocking shots and with their sticks.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
When the analysts are hand picked and approved by the Hawks front office you know you're never gonna hear honest analysis. They could be 0-74-8 and you'd still hear "they didn't win any games this year but there's a lot to build on going into next year." Etc etc. It's all BS.

Do you think that is part of why Steve Konroyd was let go? I follow him on social media and he is pretty critical about what's going on.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Do you think that is part of why Steve Konroyd was let go? I follow him on social media and he is pretty critical about what's going on.
I doubt it. Konroyd was such a company man when he was an analyst. Now that he was fired (or whatever happened), he's being honest -- too bad he didn't do that when he was in the chair.

And also, that Colby Cohen (think that's his name) guy has been pretty critical in post-games. Shaw hasn't been, but that's because he's still friends with a lot of guys on the team, obviously.

And just to add: Mayers wasn't let go by the Hawks, he was hired by ESPN, which I'm sure is a better gig and better pay. I miss Mayers, but he deserves it, he does a superb job. The Hawks weren't replacing him, he just found something better. And besides, there's no way they would have willfully replaced him with Shaw, who really is quite bad as an analyst.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt it. Konroyd was such a company man when he was an analyst. Now that he was fired (or whatever happened), he's being honest -- too bad he didn't do that when he was in the chair.

And also, that Colby Cohen (think that's his name) guy has been pretty critical in post-games. Shaw hasn't been, but that's because he's still friends with a lot of guys on the team, obviously.

And just to add: Mayers wasn't let go by the Hawks, he was hired by ESPN, which I'm sure is a better gig and better pay. I miss Mayers, but he deserves it, he does a superb job. The Hawks weren't replacing him, he just found something better. And besides, there's no way they would have willfully replaced him with Shaw, who really is quite bad as an analyst.
Shaw's absolutely hilarious when you hear his banter with teammates but he seems scared to say the wrong thing on air,I thought he'd be better myself.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaw's absolutely hilarious when you hear his banter with teammates but he seems scared to say the wrong thing on air,I thought he'd be better myself.

Yeah, I was hoping for better from him too. This has got to be a tough year to start out on air, not much good to talk about. Hopefully he'll loosen up and get better. It's nice having a guy around that knows the players.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I am in full JC watch mode.. keep checking for the announcement

Granada

Liked Posts:
Some guys just don't have what it takes to be an on-air personality. That's just the truth. He just has nothing to say other than very short fragments that are all just cliches and his delivery/speaking style is just bad. I just wonder if he'll last longer than Campbell.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Considering everyone (myself included) was clamoring for him to be in the lineup, it's ironic that Strome is the one that essentially changed the game for the worse last night with that utterly horrific offensive zone hooking penalty near the end of the period.

I sincerely hope there is something wrong injury-wise with some of these guys, because then it might be easier to accept how bad they are all playing.

Toews was utterly exhausted on Van's second goal and the reason why the shot from the point got through, because he was way late to cover his man. The thing is, it really wasn't that long of a shift, if I remember correctly. He really needs to get back into game shape here fast, otherwise, this team will be toast -- but I'm starting to wonder if that's even possible. It's hard enough for a young guy to take an entire year off, let alone someone in their mid-thirties. I just being realistic here: I don't know if he's going to be able to recover from that year off.

The thing about the Hawks is this: they can't forecheck (although they did have one shift where they effectively forechecked for a prolonged period and gained a turnover, think it was the 4th line), they can't win battles, and most importantly, they can't block shots. Just watch other teams around the league and see how well they block shots compared to the Hawks, it's insane. Even Vancouver last night -- especially when the Hawks were pressing toward the end, they clogged up shooting lanes by blocking shots and with their sticks.
Maybe my eyes were deceiving me, but Hagel looked like he was pressing the forecheck and pressing the puck as much as he could. He seemed like the only one, though.

We have to look hard for bright spots, but the 'hawks play is downright comical. We're 2nd to last in the league, we got the 3rd worst goal differential (and Q's Panthers are on top of goal differental...whoda thunk it?), we're 2nd to last in GA, and in the bottom 3rd in GF. At least last year after 5 games we managed to win one.