Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
WAR does, and yep, Posey is beating Castro in that area, too (1.9 to 1.5) in almost 30% less PT/fewer PA's. Account for that difference, and Posey has contributed to his team almost double what Castro has to his. Any other straws you want to grasp at?
I wasn't defending Castro, I was just stating a fact. And does .4 of WAR really make a difference. One thing that Posey has against Castro: He has a .404 wOBA against Castro's .323 wOBA

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
hahahaha

Lefty hates me!

:cry:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I wasn't defending Castro, I was just stating a fact. And does .4 of WAR really make a difference. One thing that Posey has against Castro: He has a .404 wOBA against Castro's .323 wOBA

You're missing the point here. The big thing is that Posey is beating Castro in WAR despite 1) playing a majority of his games at 1B and 2) doing it in 30% fewer PA's than Castro has. And as I illustrated in my previous post, accounting for that discrepancy moves Posey's contributions well ahead of Castro's

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're missing the point here. The big thing is that Posey is beating Castro in WAR despite 1) playing a majority of his games at 1B and 2) doing it in 30% fewer PA's than Castro has. And as I illustrated in my previous post, accounting for that discrepancy moves Posey's contributions well ahead of Castro's
Now I see...
I agree. But one thing I don't see him maintaining is his power. He never showed legit power in the minors. He'll end up hitting 20 something HRs and then end up like Joe Mauer w/ maybe 10-12 HRs in a season

ZAN

Liked Posts:
LOL reading the beginning of the thread made me laugh.

I wasn't aware HR distance factored into ROY voting (Heyward)

Colvin has match Heyward in almost equal at-bats.

Castro is gonna hit .300 hit ~10 HR and not really drive in a ton of runs, so I'm not sure about him....

IDK how the heck you can take away the ROY from Mike Leake if he goes 15-1 like he's on pace to go....That would be a sin.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Because he isn't a "big name" like Strasburg, lol.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
LOL reading the beginning of the thread made me laugh.

I wasn't aware HR distance factored into ROY voting (Heyward)

Colvin has match Heyward in almost equal at-bats.

Castro is gonna hit .300 hit ~10 HR and not really drive in a ton of runs, so I'm not sure about him....

IDK how the heck you can take away the ROY from Mike Leake if he goes 15-1 like he's on pace to go....That would be a sin.

I wasn't aware we added a new member with poor reading comprehension skills.

And Garcia>>>>>>>Leake

Also, Leake is on pace to go 11-3, not 15-1. He's already lost more than a game, smart one.

Last edited:

ZAN

Liked Posts:
1. I'm not new. In fact, I've been at CCS longer than you have. I'm one of the 5 original members recruited by Rush.

2. I wasn't aware of Leake's loss this week. The average starter makes 35-40 starts in a year. Leake has made 19 this season. If you really wanna "project" his numbers, he goes 14.5 Wins and 2.9ish losses. You were off by more wins than I was losses, so take a seat.

I won't argue with you about Garcia, though. That kid has some stuff. I've already offered my expiring fantasy contracts (Manny, Nyjer Morgan, Silva, and Pelfrey) for three seasons of Garcia.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is my order right now:

Buster Posey (but still doesn't have the at-bats but will)
Steven Strasburg
Jason Heyward
Jaime Garcia
Starlin Castro

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
1. I'm not new. In fact, I've been at CCS longer than you have. I'm one of the 5 original members recruited by Rush.
Want a cookie?

2. I wasn't aware of Leake's loss this week. The average starter makes 35-40 starts in a year. Leake has made 19 this season. If you really wanna "project" his numbers, he goes 14.5 Wins and 2.9ish losses. You were off by more wins than I was losses, so take a seat.
The average starter makes 35-40 starts a year? WTF? No one has started 40 games in a long time. The league leader is the only one to start 35 games. In other words, you're very, very, very, VERY off on that the average starter makes 35-40 starts. I also don't know where you get your on-pace numbers from,. but ESPN has his on pace record at 11-3, so fail. Are you stoned?

:slap:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
This is my order right now:

Buster Posey (but still doesn't have the at-bats but will)
Steven Strasburg
Jason Heyward
Jaime Garcia
Starlin Castro

You left out Gaby Sanchez, Mike Leake and Jonny Vinters, all of whom are out-performing Castro.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
No to Leake...Castro is they guy making the Cubs win right now.