CBS board members - Welcome !!!!

patg006

Liked Posts:
it's fantastic to have KB and some of the guys over here; I hope CZ and Willrust follow suit, though I think cz followed the chicago bears guys to the other website. Where's our resident punching bag? C'mon willrust! :eek:hmy:

patg006

Liked Posts:
Though I am slightly disappointed Boyd, a Flyers fan? Blues I can get from Kansas; but the Flyers? :hawkstroll:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Though I am slightly disappointed Boyd, a Flyers fan? Blues I can get from Kansas; but the Flyers? :hawkstroll:

And he likes SKC, as pretty much the only Fire fan active on the rest of the site, I'm the only one who cares

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And he likes SKC, as pretty much the only Fire fan active on the rest of the site, I'm the only one who cares

CSB (Y)

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Sorry pat lol

Bobby Clarke was my favorite player growing up and just stuck with them.

I am a Blues fan because I am good friends with a good friend of the Head Coach.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
wrig224

uh,where am I?

I found this on the comment section of the CBS Cubs home page.

Just when he was beginning to "identify" the anti-semites on the board. LOL.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I found this on the comment section of the CBS Cubs home page.

Just when he was beginning to "identify" the anti-semites on the board. LOL.

That would be an improvement for him. :howdid:

patg006

Liked Posts:
Sorry pat lol

Bobby Clarke was my favorite player growing up and just stuck with them.

I am a Blues fan because I am good friends with a good friend of the Head Coach.

No worries. I'm probably one of the few blackhawks fans who watched and loved in the 90s during the Dollar Bill era. Loved Tony Amonte (grew up in the 90s,) loved Alex Zhamnov even at 40 when he got traded for Patrick Sharp; who I like now but hated from 04-08 when he couldnt score more than 10 goals a season.

Cool, Andy McDonald is one of my favorite players on the blues.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is an old fellow. His rambling didnt hurt anything. At least you know he is a true die hard Cub fan. You got to give him that loyalty.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
No worries. I'm probably one of the few blackhawks fans who watched and loved in the 90s during the Dollar Bill era. Loved Tony Amonte (grew up in the 90s,) loved Alex Zhamnov even at 40 when he got traded for Patrick Sharp; who I like now but hated from 04-08 when he couldnt score more than 10 goals a season.

Cool, Andy McDonald is one of my favorite players on the blues.

Hawks used to be my #2 team, well until they beat the Flyers in the Finals lol

I went to a lot of Hawks games in the 90's at the Stadium and UC. JR was fav Hawk back then. Real good guy away from the ice also. He used to hang out at a buddy of mines bar in Chicago, so I got the chance to empty a few pints with him.

Sadly this year's Flyer team is a train wreck so I've been watching more Blues than Flyers.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

I went to a lot of Hawks games in the 90's at the Stadium and UC. JR was fav Hawk back then. Real good guy away from the ice also. He used to hang out at a buddy of mines bar in Chicago, so I got the chance to empty a few pints with him.

Sadly this year's Flyer team is a train wreck so I've been watching more Blues than Flyers.

[video=youtube;t5aLHImCKDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5aLHImCKDc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Oh my god.

How will I ever sleep tonight seeing a link to a sporting event from almost 3 years ago??

Boy, you really got me on that one. I've learned my lesson now.

I didn't even think the Flyers were going to make the playoffs that year and if it wasn't for a shootout victory against the Rangers on the last day of the season they would have missed the playoffs, so I really had no expectations of even beating the Devils in the first round. Then to come back from down 3-0 against Boston and make it to the Finals was a great run that was very unexpected and enjoyable to watch, even coming up short in the Finals.

Thanks for bringing back some very enjoyable memories.

Whoops. That one back fired on you also.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Welcome fellas, if you need anything hit any of the mods up. We're usually pretty quick about things. Make sure you get all the guys over here, it sucks when you lose guys in the mix of moving.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Oh my god.

How will I ever sleep tonight seeing a link to a sporting event from almost 3 years ago??

Boy, you really got me on that one. I've learned my lesson now.

I didn't even think the Flyers were going to make the playoffs that year and if it wasn't for a shootout victory against the Rangers on the last day of the season they would have missed the playoffs, so I really had no expectations of even beating the Devils in the first round. Then to come back from down 3-0 against Boston and make it to the Finals was a great run that was very unexpected and enjoyable to watch, even coming up short in the Finals.

Thanks for bringing back some very enjoyable memories.

Whoops. That one back fired on you also.

They had a great run, but ya, we still came out on top. East playoffs were weird that year, a 3-0 comeback and a 7 vs. 8 seed in Conference Finals

patg006

Liked Posts:

I hear JR is one hell of a drinker. Dude can put down 20 brews like its nothing.

The blackhawks, like any other successful team in Chicago; is tougher to watch with meatball fans on the bandwagon. All of a sudden in 2010 happens and every person never giving a shit about hockey is now an "expert."

I dont feel confident if they run into the ducks this postseason, however if someone take out Anaheim (unlikely) I like their chances. Ducks just have everything going right for them. Plus I dont like winning the Presidents Trophy......those teams never tend to be successful in postseasons.

I hate Cory Crawford, hes meh. Having a decent regular season, but is such an inconsistent player come postseason. I would have tried to trade for Ryan Miller, having a "down" year to people who dont realize he takes 40+ shots a night against him with one of the leagues worst defensive pairings.

Flyers now have some decent players; sucks Van Reimsdyke looks like an allstar now he got traded. Not sure I would have dealt Mike Richards.....

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I hear JR is one hell of a drinker. Dude can put down 20 brews like its nothing.

The blackhawks, like any other successful team in Chicago; is tougher to watch with meatball fans on the bandwagon. All of a sudden in 2010 happens and every person never giving a shit about hockey is now an "expert."

I dont feel confident if they run into the ducks this postseason, however if someone take out Anaheim (unlikely) I like their chances. Ducks just have everything going right for them. Plus I dont like winning the Presidents Trophy......those teams never tend to be successful in postseasons.

I hate Cory Crawford, hes meh. Having a decent regular season, but is such an inconsistent player come postseason. I would have tried to trade for Ryan Miller, having a "down" year to people who dont realize he takes 40+ shots a night against him with one of the leagues worst defensive pairings.

Flyers now have some decent players; sucks Van Reimsdyke looks like an allstar now he got traded. Not sure I would have dealt Mike Richards.....

Anaheim has kinda fallen apart lately though, I think someone else can realistically knock them out now. They were overachieving, as were we at the time, and since have come back down to Earth a bit.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Anaheim has kinda fallen apart lately though, I think someone else can realistically knock them out now. They were overachieving, as were we at the time, and since have come back down to Earth a bit.

Still pulled out 3 W's against the Hawks this year; defense eliminated hawks PP and they attacked the PK more than most teams do. More importantly, they hit. Since they dealt Byfuglien; Hawks dont hit much, and teams go after the scorers alot more.

Being half full, if a team is going to take the time to go on a cold streak, right before the playoffs isnt so bad.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Still pulled out 3 W's against the Hawks this year; defense eliminated hawks PP and they attacked the PK more than most teams do. More importantly, they hit. Since they dealt Byfuglien; Hawks dont hit much, and teams go after the scorers alot more.

Being half full, if a team is going to take the time to go on a cold streak, right before the playoffs isnt so bad.

They beat us 3 times sure, doesn't mean we won't beat them in a playoff series. One was in shootouts, the other two were late comebacks. They beat us, ya, but it's not like they've blown us away, I'm not overly concerned about that yet when the earliest we can face them in the Conf Finals. And since when do the Hawks have a power play? :hawkstroll:

patg006

Liked Posts:
They beat us 3 times sure, doesn't mean we won't beat them in a playoff series. One was in shootouts, the other two were late comebacks. They beat us, ya, but it's not like they've blown us away, I'm not overly concerned about that yet when the earliest we can face them in the Conf Finals. And since when do the Hawks have a power play? :hawkstroll:

They're an aggressive, physical team with scoring. These kind of teams tend to beat the hawks; even though there are very few of them in the NHL.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I take it mountsalami is the fearless leader of the CBS Posters? I can dig that.