CCS Mock Draft Chatter

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The way I see it you either fucked me or tried to fuck me three different times. It's good= I mean it's only a mock draft right? Just strange how the guy I told you I was taking went four minutes after you pulled out. Don't post about me or PM me anymore and I will do the same.

Fine by me.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Snorch

Liked Posts:
Resolve it in PM - or ignore each other. Stop the ignorance.

You take care of it. He agreed to a trade, said he sent it to you. then made a pick. I told him I was taking Ford with that pick and he pulled back for some reason. I have two PMs that said he sent it to you

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You take care of it. He agreed to a trade, said he sent it to you. then made a pick. I told him I was taking Ford with that pick and he pulled back for some reason. I have two PMs that said he sent it to you

I got the PM, but the pick was made before I was online to approve the trade. He went with what he thought was best, apparently.

Back to the draft.

Snorch

Liked Posts:
I got the PM, but the pick was made before I was online to approve the trade. He went with what he thought was best, apparently.

Back to the draft.

That is fine, THANKS you do a great job. I do appreciate you.

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6 corners have already gone off the board in less than 60 picks, unless there's an incredible amount of ridiculous reaches, I don't see it.

Quoted this here for chatter. IMO, there have been quite a few "reaches" that are unrealistic. Of course that happens all the time in the real draft.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Quoted this here for chatter. IMO, there have been quite a few "reaches" that are unrealistic. Of course that happens all the time in the real draft.

I think it really depends on what you see in a player. Maybe some people are just going down the list of players and nabbing the next highest listed, but I went through the draft, and I don't see anything ridiculous at this point. You could argue my pick of Michael Sam was a bit of a reach, but he's a 2-3 round prospect and I draft late 2nd round. Plus, I think when it's all said and done, he's a 1st-2nd rounder and actually ends up going in the first.

Are there any picks you really had in mind that were reaches?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I think it really depends on what you see in a player. Maybe some people are just going down the list of players and nabbing the next highest listed, but I went through the draft, and I don't see anything ridiculous at this point. You could argue my pick of Michael Sam was a bit of a reach, but he's a 2-3 round prospect and I draft late 2nd round. Plus, I think when it's all said and done, he's a 1st-2nd rounder and actually ends up going in the first.

There's always some reaches and players you didn't expect to go much earlier that usual, especially when it comes to QB's. Nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to the draft Becuase in the end we see what the analysts show us not what the scouts and gms see.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
There's always some reaches and players you didn't expect to go much earlier that usual, especially when it comes to QB's. Nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to the draft Becuase in the end we see what the analysts show us not what the scouts and gms see.

I totally agree. I was just hoping to get some insight into what those reaches were. Not to belittle the person, but just to get an opinion. I don't think 6 CB's in 60 picks is out of the question. The draft is strong at the position, and when the draft is strong at a position teams tend to make runs because they don't want to be the team left behind.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I totally agree. I was just hoping to get some insight into what those reaches were. Not to belittle the person, but just to get an opinion. I don't think 6 CB's in 60 picks is out of the question. The draft is strong at the position, and when the draft is strong at a position teams tend to make runs because they don't want to be the team left behind.

Exactly everyone is looking for a lock down corner to shut down their side of the field. I try not to insult anyone with my posts, just sharing my knowledge like all the rest of us do.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Purifoy at the top of the 2nd was a head scratcher to me. Roby, Roberson, Joyner, and Kyle Fuller are all rated higher. Baptiste will probably be rated higher as well by the time the draft rolls around. I also doubt 3 TE's go in the first round. A Center in the first round is questionable, but understandable. These are just my opinions, and I am not trying to knock anyone for their picks. Just surprising things to me.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Purifoy at the top of the 2nd was a head scratcher to me. Roby, Roberson, Joyner, and Kyle Fuller are all rated higher. Baptiste will probably be rated higher as well by the time the draft rolls around. I also doubt 3 TE's go in the first round. A Center in the first round is questionable, but understandable. These are just my opinions, and I am not trying to knock anyone for their picks. Just surprising things to me.

Oh no, I agree with you. The fact that Roby and Roberson were available until 3 picks ago was surprising to me too. I almost took Roberson for the Chargers but I figured improving their pass rush has is more beneficial then improving their dbacks. The center in the first round is slight questionable. I can see where you are coming from. And yeah, honestly, I doubt if 2 TE's go in the first round. Last year only one TE went in round 1. The two previous years 0. The year before that 1 TE. Ironically, both TE's that went in round 1 over the past 4 years were drafted by the Bengals.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

Im not a fan of Purifoy and think both him team mates will be better CB's than he will. Roberson and Purifoy are both projected in the 2nd I believe.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh no, I agree with you. The fact that Roby and Roberson were available until 3 picks ago was surprising to me too. I almost took Roberson for the Chargers but I figured improving their pass rush has is more beneficial then improving their dbacks. The center in the first round is slight questionable. I can see where you are coming from. And yeah, honestly, I doubt if 2 TE's go in the first round. Last year only one TE went in round 1. The two previous years 0. The year before that 1 TE. Ironically, both TE's that went in round 1 over the past 4 years were drafted by the Bengals.

The Cowboys took a C in a similar spot last year and were blasted for it.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

I was going to take Roberson but thought Baptiste was more of an Emery pick. And there hasnt been great talent at TE in recent drafts, Eifert was the best prospect from the last few years but I can see 2 TE's this year in the 1st. Ebron was a monster this year and will probably blow the competition away at the combine.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not a fan of Purifoy and think both him team mates will be better CB's than he will. Roberson and Purifoy are both projected in the 2nd I believe.

CBS sports has Purifoy rated as a 3rd round pick. Ratings vary though depending on the source. Just the way the draft was unfolding at the time, Purifoy would have probably been there in round three, being as there is still CB's rated higher than him left, and Baptiste was taken as well.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The Cowboys took a C in a similar spot last year and were blasted for it.

Ya i thought that was a reach also, but he played really well last year. I think PFF is kinda weird sometimes but he was the 3rd highest graded player from the 1st round.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going to take Roberson but thought Baptiste was more of an Emery pick. And there hasnt been great talent at TE in recent drafts, Eifert was the best prospect from the last few years but I can see 2 TE's this year in the 1st. Ebron was a monster this year and will probably blow the competition away at the combine.

My personal feelings are that Baptiste can become the steal of the draft. I feel that he will be a very good Corner in the NFL. I started following Nebraska two years ago when I moved here from California because you kind of have to. When I watch him play he just stands out to me as a playmaker. I would be happy if the Bears took him.