CCS not taking the Dalton news well.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
So does Mitch have a market? I haven’t heard one team linked to this scrub?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
actually I know it very well. Definitely more than you. Just sayin’
Except, you don't. So please tell me, in your mind, what reason is there to bring Dalton in if the Bears don't plan him to start? You already had a backup on your roster in Foles, one that will cost you money to cut. Your already over the cap, so add another 10 mil to that and try to sing someone else?

Or you on the draft a rookie and develop him train? Does Pace have that long a leash?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Three dozen new threads in under six hours???

CCS and it's sudden influx of Google Bux are taking the news great. OTOH, Bear Nation is looking kind of twitchy.

Please don't stroke out on me fellas and keep F5ing the boards till sunrise in case it gets worse/better!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never been a fan of Dalton. I'm in a Confidence Pool with about 40 other people and I would pick against almost anyone who Dalton started for....that being said, he's probably as good as anyone we've seen play QB in quite awhile. Probably along the lines of Cutler.....as bad as he was, Jay was a Top 3 alltime QB for the Bears. Hell, Trubisky was a Top 5.

How fucking pathetic is that?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Except, you don't. So please tell me, in your mind, what reason is there to bring Dalton in if the Bears don't plan him to start? You already had a backup on your roster in Foles, one that will cost you money to cut. Your already over the cap, so add another 10 mil to that and try to sing someone else?

Or you on the draft a rookie and develop him train? Does Pace have that long a leash?

Foles partial (3 million) gets moved to bonus. He is traded with 1 million cap hit. Dalton now just replaced Foles as the back-up with 1 million against the cap. Lazor’s offense is taking over in 2021. Dalton is obviously the better option as a back-up than Foles in this offense. Now they have 3+ months to add another QB.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Foles partial (3 million) gets moved to bonus. He is traded with 1 million cap hit. Dalton now just replaced Foles as the back-up with 1 million against the cap. Lazor’s offense is taking over in 2021. Dalton is obviously the better option as a back-up than Foles in this offense. Now they have 3+ months to add another QB.

I hope you are right

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Pace has gotten a longer leash than any GM in the league that doesn’t have a winning record or success. Even Elway stepped down finally.

They are trying so hard to make something work that has no chance of working. And this is the result you get. Pace must be a really nice guy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you move his base to bonus, the moment you do trade him it goes against the cap. That would actually cost the Bears more money.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If you move his base to bonus, the moment you do trade him it goes against the cap. That would actually cost the Bears more money.

The dead money gets moved to the lower rate of average. The bonus is removed from the base and the new team takes the remaining, which they definitely restructure. Bears can shop that remaining to even reduce the dead even more.

The Bears dead is about 1 million. Like I said earlier, the swap will cost about 1 million to the cap and clearly states Lazor’s offense is the lead going into 2021.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The dead money gets moved to the lower rate of average. The bonus is removed from the base and the new team takes the remaining, which they definitely restructure. Bears can shop that remaining to even reduce the dead even more.

The Bears dead is about 1 million. Like I said earlier, the swap will cost about 1 million to the cap and clearly states Lazor’s offense is the lead going into 2021.

The only thing the new team takes on is the base and roster bonus (and any incentives built into the original contract). Any restructure money or signing bonus that is prorated gets charged to the team that had him originally. You can't take any portion of his base and place into a roster bonus either, so I don't know what you are talking about.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Never been a fan of Dalton. I'm in a Confidence Pool with about 40 other people and I would pick against almost anyone who Dalton started for....that being said, he's probably as good as anyone we've seen play QB in quite awhile. Probably along the lines of Cutler.....as bad as he was, Jay was a Top 3 alltime QB for the Bears. Hell, Trubisky was a Top 5.

How fucking pathetic is that?

This is gonna sound like a broken record, but here's the problem I have with dalton 0-4. ....And jay's playoff "resume" sucks too.

1615957828619.png

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard they can't move from Foles until June for lesser cap hit. (he won't be traded anytime soon either)

I'm fine with Dalton or whoever as a cheap-ass 1year bridge/stop gap > Foles so long as they solve the 2 Tackles problem ASAP.
He can take snaps til their developmental QB (1st Rd. or even mid-Rd) is ready. That'll prob. give Nagy/Pace a longer leash so long as the run game becomes reasonably effective.

CCS, media, & Bears nation will flame on daily for the next year as they stammer along for another 8-8 season during a mini-rebuild, but honestly...short of Watson/Wilson splash - can anybody say they expected to be SB contenders this year!???? Didn't think so.

Who knows - that could still happen & for cheaper come what August when those standoffs play out and other teams have moved on. ?‍♂️ Will have used this draft to fill holes & have the next 3 drafts to blow at that point.

Til then, more of the same Bears "meh - wait and see" mediocrity. Which we all HATE, but is the only alternative to blowing their future loads with such limited draft/cap ammo.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
The Bears now have without a shadow of a doubt the best back up quarterback room in the league. Everyone is always trying to find the new "trendsetting" strategy, maybe Nagy and Pace just reinvented the wheel. Buckle up, Bear down, the Red Rocket is standing by to launch. Destination? Super Bowl

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bears now have without a shadow of a doubt the best back up quarterback room in the league. Everyone is always trying to find the new "trendsetting" strategy, maybe Nagy and Pace just reinvented the wheel. Buckle up, Bear down, the Red Rocket is standing by to launch. Destination? Super Bowl

we don't smoke crqaak here..sorry.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
we don't smoke crqaak here..sorry.

That's a great point I didn't even bring up, thank you neither! Neither Nick Foles or Andy Dalton has ever failed a drug test. You can sleep easy at night knowing both of our star back up quarterbacks won't be out causing trouble and indulging in illegal or banned substances.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That's a great point I didn't even bring up, thank you neither! Neither Nick Foles or Andy Dalton has ever failed a drug test. You can sleep easy at night knowing both of our star back up quarterbacks (<---this fcking guy..lol) won't be out causing trouble and indulging in illegal or banned substances.
but are you? c'mon Bubbles, tell us the truth..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
but are you? c'mon Bubbles, tell us the truth..

Is this a real question I need to be answering on a Chicago Bears fan forum? No. But I'll tell you this friendo my glass is more half full than it ever has been for this franchise after today. The strongest drug of all, hope.