When are you available?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said yeah they put up points., thats what they are supose to do. Holmstrom, an Madden are aging players and are losing steps in their skating, and game. Lidstrom however is still strong, but him and Gorges cant play every other shift and shut down each one of these lines.

You have 1 solid line after that its a steep loss, and my lines are have more dept than yours, as my guys can put up 25+ points. Your D-men are alot smaller compared to my physical forward lines, and could spell trouble.
My Defense is also very physical and each pairing is capable of shutting down Ovie, and Thornton.

Exactly. Thornton needed the help of 2 top line wingers. He only has 1 in Ovie. Suter, Seabrook, Yandle, Orpik all can shut down that ovie line and lt myoffesedo the work.

Sure, Holmstrom is getting up there, but you're wrong about his skating and his game. He's still wreaking havoc on Detroit's top line. Prior to his injury, he had hardly lost a step and would have logically projected the same numbers he has produced throughout his entire career. Guys like him are necessary to win...especially in the playoffs.

Madden works perfectly as a 4th line center. He responsibly defensively, good at the dot, has a veteran presence/leadership, knows exactly what it takes to win, and is a proven winner.

I don't think the Kings's D is as hardly undersized as you state - Lids 6'1" 193, Gorges 6'1" 202, Johnson 6'4" 220, Kronwall 6' 190, Sauer is 6'3" 213. You have split your two largest forwards at 6'3". 2 of the Kings's 6 defence (also split) match that size.

Did you also glance at the size of the King's forwards? They aren't mice out there.

Do you also realize the Stars have more forwards under 6 feet than the Kings have?

The Kings's pairings are split with a puck-mover and a stay-at-home physical defenseman who do the right things in front of the net, under the goal line, and in the corners.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Kings's D is as hardly undersized as you state - Lids 6'1" 193, Gorges 6'1" 202, Johnson 6'4" 220, Kronwall 6' 190, Sauer is 6'3" 213. You have split your two largest forwards at 6'3". 2 of the Kings's 6 defence (also split) match that size.

Did you also glance at the size of the King's forwards? They aren't mice out there.

Do you also realize the Stars have more forwards under 6 feet than the Kings have?

The Kings's pairings are split with a puck-mover and a stay-at-home physical defenseman who do the right things in front of the net, under the goal line, and in the corners.

I to have my offensive D-men in Streit, who throws up 40-50 points on an Islanders team, Imagine him on a powerplay with Hossa, Malkin, Lombardi, etc. Chris Butler also is a young up and coming D-man, als was a big big part in the Buffalo series on D last season. Thrown in with Yandle and Suter who can shut down top forwads along with being puck movers.

Your saying that Brenden Morrow who is 5'10 maybe 5'11 isn't a power house guy, when yet he has proved for years he can be on of the most physical frwardsin the league. David Backes, Wayne Simmonds, and Mike Richards are all smaller players in height, but they play like their 6'4, 235. Point being yeah your D may be taller than some of my forwards, but the physical aspect of my team is still there.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going with Anaheim. Solid goalie with a solid D would be ok. Blue Jackets are quite young up front despite some playoff heros the younger core may not be ready to step in for the playoffs

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I to have my offensive D-men in Streit, who throws up 40-50 points on an Islanders team, Imagine him on a powerplay with Hossa, Malkin, Lombardi, etc. Chris Butler also is a young up and coming D-man, als was a big big part in the Buffalo series on D last season. Thrown in with Yandle and Suter who can shut down top forwads along with being puck movers.

Your saying that Brenden Morrow who is 5'10 maybe 5'11 isn't a power house guy, when yet he has proved for years he can be on of the most physical frwardsin the league. David Backes, Wayne Simmonds, and Mike Richards are all smaller players in height, but they play like their 6'4, 235. Point being yeah your D may be taller than some of my forwards, but the physical aspect of my team is still there.

Same could be said for the Kings's lineup and the physicality...and I'm not sure why you're saying Backes is small. It makes me really wonder what you were thinking as you assess your own team and it makes me seriously question your assessments in general.

I like Ryan Suter's game, but if he's a "shut-down defenseman," he hasn't shown it yet. There is certainly one similarly styled defenseman on your squad who is a better option for that 1B spot on your defense. The Kings's top line outplays Suter and Yandle onward to victory.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same could be said for the Kings's lineup and the physicality...and I'm not sure why you're saying Backes is small. It makes me really wonder what you were thinking as you assess your own team and it makes me seriously question your assessments in general.

I like Ryan Suter's game, but if he's a "shut-down defenseman," he hasn't shown it yet. There is certainly one similarly styled defenseman on your squad who is a better option for that 1B spot on your defense. The Kings's top line outplays Suter and Yandle onward to victory.

Backes was thrown in there as the physical example. As for out playing to victory sure your top line will throw up some points, but your lack of offense after that 1st line is horrible. I have guys on my 3rd line who are top line guys on their teams in the NHL now, let alone mot of these guys are 2-way forwards with the exception of my 2nd line.

As or Suter he is a top guy in Nashvlle. He is out their against top lines every night andis not afraid to throw hits around and be physical, which is a key component o my D. (excptin of 2)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Check the unbiased range factors at baseball-reference.com

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Voters

We are not getting any voters, so we should talk about an alterative, would anyone object to a NHL 11 Sim?

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
i wouldnt have a problem man no one is payin attention to this but you and I.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok thats what I will do. I am going to set the rosters tonight and do the sims. I may do all rounds not sure. I will post scoring leaders, etc too.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make sure you read the poll and know what your voting on. Please dont hold any personal grudges against someone who picked against you.

Standing Results:
1. Chicago Blackhawks
2. Minnesota Wild
3. Los Angeles Kings
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
5. Anahiem Ducks
6. Dallas Stars
7. Colorado Avalanche
8. Phoenix Coyotes

Round 1 Results:
Phoenix overcome the Hawks 4 games to 3:
Tomas Fleischmann led the Coyotes over the Blackhawks by posting 9 points. Shane Doan had 7 points along with Joran Staal

Colorado wins series over the Wild 4 games to 2:
Sid The Kid led the way for the Avalanche as they topped the Minnesota Wild. Crosby posted 9 points along with Chris Stewart 7 points. The series was very offensive.

Dallas tops the Kings 4 games to 1:
Tuuka Rask posted a 1.67 GAA anlong with a record 4-1 to push the Stars past the LA Kings. Evgeni Malkin & Marian Hossa led the way with 7 points, while Mark Streit put up his usual Powerplay points tohelp the offense.

Columbus Beats Anaheim 4 games to 3:
Jason Spezza stepped up big time fo the Jackets scoing 1 goal 6 assists. Chara also added 5 assists in the series while goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov posted a 1.59 GAA

Round 2:
#8 Phoenix @ #4 Columbus
#7 Colorado @ #6 Dallas

Last edited:

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Round 1 Results:
Phoenix overcome the Hawks 4 games to 3:
Tomas Fleischmann ledtheCoyotesover the Blackhawks by posting 9 points. Shane Doan had 7 points anlong with Joran Staal

Colorado wins series over the Wild 4 games to 2:
Sid The Kid led the way for the Avalanche as they topped the Minnesota Wild. Crosby posted 9 points along with Chris Stewart 7 points. The series wasvey offensive.

Dallas tops the Kings 4 games to 1:
Tuuka Rask posted a 1.67 GAA anlong with a record 4-1 to push the Stars past the LA Kings. Evgeni Malkin & Marian Hossa led the way with 7 points, while Mark Streit put up his usual Powerplay points tohelp the offense.

Columbus Beats Anaheim 4 gaes to 3:
Jason Spezza stepped up big time fo the Jackets scoing 1 goal 6 assists. Chara also added 5 assists in the series while goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov posted a 1.59 GAA

Round 2:
#8 Phoenix @ #4 Columbus
#7 Colorado @ #6 Dallas

Round 2 Results:
Columbus knocks out Phoenix 4 games to 2:
Spezza & Chara continued their success being the offensive players for Columbus. Bryzgalov continues to dominate his play with a 1.56 GAA. The defensive team only has 4 playersin the minus category.

Dallas Sweeps Colorado 4-0:
Jimmy Howard was the goalie who let the most GAA coming into the 2nd round. The offensive Stars exploited that. Malkin led the way with 7 more points. Marian Hossa moved up to 12 points. The biggest surprise however was Brent Seabrook having an 8 point series racking up 10 points so far in the playoffs. Rask continues to dominate with a record of 8-1 1.61 GAA

Stanley Cup Finals:
#6 Dallas @ #4 Columbus

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Round 2 Results:
Columbus knocks out Phoenix 4 games to 2:
Spezza & Chara continued their success being the offensive players for Columbus. Bryzgalov continues to dominate his play with a 1.56 GAA. The defensive team only has 4 playersin the minus category.

Dallas Sweeps Colorado 4-0:
Jimmy Howard was the goalie who let the most GAA coming into the 2nd round. The offensive Stars exploited that. Malkin led the way with 7 more points. Marian Hossa moved up to 12 points. The biggest surprise however was Brent Seabrook having an 8 point series racking up 10 points so far in the playoffs. Rask continues to dominate with a record of 8-1 1.61 GAA

Stanley Cup Finals:
#6 Dallas @ #4 Columbus

And the Re-Draft Stanley Cup Champions are:
The Columbus Bluejackets. The Bluejackets swept the Stars all by 1 goal games. Patrick Kane stepped up and had a 9 point series scoring yet another game winner.

Series MVP is Ilya Bryzgalov, posting 12 wins with a 1.52 GAA
Congrats to Iron Mike

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Byrd was an All-Star last season, he made a bid for all-Star Game MVP with his play in the 9th, a diving catch earlier, and extending the inning for McCann's bases loaded hit that scored all 3 runs for the NL.

Should have said perennial AS

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congrats, IM.

There's some really hilarious unrealistic production going on in these playoffs. Game and debates were fun...good times, Hog.

Thanks for organizing and doing all of the grunt work for this, Hog.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep I had fun Iago, too bad noone really read them but Dewey :D

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks icehog, this was fun I enjoyed it until everyone quit when the playoffs started.

Status
Not open for further replies.