CCS wants vindication for Tyrell Cohen mockery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Can I be real with you guys... I don’t even know what cancel culture is.

I mean, now I do. Thank you for that.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah the shit wasn't cool, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. I doubt he was hoping his brother had passed. I have got into it with BearsBud before...but he also provides some good post related to Bears football. It's done with....who cares

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because I abhor cancel culture bullshit.

dude has a long history including full on kkk support on these forums. he was previously perma banned because of it. he is only back because everyone from the entire site was unbanned

this isn't isolated

also, when a community has a tos and someone gets banned for breaking it, that is not "cancel culture"

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay poor choice of words. An old way of viewing things read on the internet vs the new. Far as cancel culture, I can't say I am it's biggest fan, because I have seen the most extremist versions of people who get on this, but I can't say making fun of a lost person is also cool. But it is a shame these days. Just have to be way more careful what you say.

guess I don't understand why having to be careful what you say is some huge cross to bear

to me, it seems like basic human consideration

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't even get that the whole cancel culture thing is new. Is the suggestion that when you find something offensive or wrong you should just take it? As if speaking up wrong? That using the power of economic influence on a entity that is acting improperly is bad?

Seems that Republicans have been cancelling women, minorities, and non-WASPS's for centuries.
I guess it is now bad because the little guy has the power of the internet to pool resources to affect the WASP power corporations.

Equal, or at least closer to equal, playing field sucks. LOL, at the bullies getting smacked in the mouth and crying that the runt is being mean to him.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO THINK BEFORE I SPEAK!?!

HOW DARE YOU

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
call out threads are not allowed and he didn't know the guy was dead when he said that go get a job where you have more important stuff to worry about than what someone said on the internet

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
dude has a long history including full on kkk support on these forums. he was previously perma banned because of it. he is only back because everyone from the entire site was unbanned

this isn't isolated

also, when a community has a tos and someone gets banned for breaking it, that is not "cancel culture"

There is nothing you said there that I disagree with.

But I do think that there is a difference between a mod banning a guy for breaking ToS (legit) vs non mods telling the mods how to do their jobs and who to ban, even when the person they want banned did NOT break the ToS, even if the take otherwise was utterly disgusting.

Ignore feature is there for that function to address the latter....

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't even get that the whole cancel culture thing is new. Is the suggestion that when you find something offensive or wrong you should just take it? As if speaking up wrong? That using the power of economic influence on a entity that is acting improperly is bad?

Seems that Republicans have been cancelling women, minorities, and non-WASPS's for centuries.
I guess it is now bad because the little guy has the power of the internet to pool resources to affect the WASP power corporations.

Equal, or at least closer to equal, playing field sucks. LOL, at the bullies getting smacked in the mouth and crying that the runt is being mean to him.

Yeah no.

Society does have its own way for dealing with abnormal behavior, but the last time it got this bad historically was in the wild west where you oft had mob rule, and innocent people getting lynched for offending the wrong person who knew the right words to incite the mob against whomever pissed them off.

It was a mess....

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
No, you're out for a pound of flesh.

If what I'm reading in this threat is correct he deleted the thread in question.

Sorry but I'm just overall tired in any stretch of people who try to single out individuals and ruin their lives over something stupid they said or did.

Everyone has their stupid moments. Don't let this one be yours just because someone else just had theirs....
We are the hive/collectivist mindset right...love when racist defend each other makes it easier to figure out who they are.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah no.

Society does have its own way for dealing with abnormal behavior, but the last time it got this bad historically was in the wild west where you oft had mob rule, and innocent people getting lynched for offending the wrong person who knew the right words to incite the mob against whomever pissed them off.

It was a mess....
Lol, somebody tweeting about boycotting goya beans isn't lynch mobbing in the wild wild west ???

Yall cancel culture hawks are soooooo dramatic lmfao

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We are the hive/collectivist mindset right...love when racist defend each other makes it easier to figure out which side they are on.
Oh gosh then there's this guy lol.

The flip side of tribalism is still tribalism

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are you guys trying to ruin BB life or somethingz

BearsBud and Omeletpants have both doxxed themselves on multiple occasions on this site and the evil #mob never did anything. I actually reported the Omeletpants post (that he himself posted) that had his full name, his wife's full name and address on it so no weirdo would mess with him.

No one is trying to ruin anyone's life.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because I abhor cancel culture bullshit.

You're just parroting buzzwords you've learned. There is no such thing as "cancel culture". Almost every example of what you call cancel culture is a business decision by a private entity which has chosen to end partnerships with people whose words or actions are likely to harm their brand.

This is a result of modern technology and the fact that the whole planet is now on camera and social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.