CCS Weather Thread (STORMS?)

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I recently purchased a case of Spotted Cow by New Glarus. It's amazingly overrated by dumb Illinoisans, but it's an easy drink.

Every time I go visit someone is always going on about Spotted Cow. Yes I have had it. It tastes like a regular beer. It is like the Butt Wiper of craft beer.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recently purchased a case of Spotted Cow by New Glarus. It's amazingly overrated by dumb Illinoisans, but it's an easy drink.

It's completely over rated, not a fan of that beer. New Glarus is a great brewery, I like Moon Man and Scream from them, their outdoor beer garden in the warm months is "fabulous".

beer-tasting-garden.jpg

IMG_9612.JPG

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So our work closed today and tomorrow like most corporations here.

I just ventured out right now and got my wife her free starbucks since it's her birthday. Also got some stuff at Walmart. It's not THAT BAD out. When the wind blows, it hurts a bit for a second in the face. Still though, with a winter coat, hat and gloves, you are fine.

I was thinking though. Today's weather compares very much with the temperature of the Ice Bowl which game time was -13F and got to -18 I believe. Wind chills (adjusted to today's method) was around -40. That's about what it is today. If today was hypothetically the NFC Championship game at Soldier Field, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved the game a day. Society is much weaker mentally today than 50 years ago.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's completely over rated, not a fan of that beer. New Glarus is a great brewery, I like Moon Man and Scream from them, their outdoor beer garden in the warm months is "fabulous".
It's easy drinking, so that's why I like it. But yeah, it just does a disservice to them that so many rave about Cow, but overlook some of the others. The two you mention are fantastic.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do your cars there come with oil pan heaters by default?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got the yard mowed and did some pruning

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Should have door dashed I went to pick up some jersey mikes in -13 degree weather in sweat pants and a T-shirt lol. Guy looked at me like I was nuts

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks