CCS Weather Thread (STORMS?)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This polar vortex is such a weird phenomenon.

Here in St Louis, we are at the far edge of the last band, and nowhere near as severe as what Chicago is getting.

The real severe temps lasted only today, and unlike those of you in Chicago or North, we did not get he coldest temps in 25 years. It was 40+ on Monday - Wed was high of 9 - and will be 27 by Thurs at 6PM. 60 degrees Sunday.

I have never seen the weather drop so quickly in a day or two, only to resume as quickly.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Set an record low temp here overnight!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't go in today, but my boss told me a water main broke at work and flooded the entire first floor (which is where my cube is) starting at around 9 am...They did save our desktop computers... Water was spewing out of the exterior walls as well. They sent everyone home immediately and tomorrow is up in the air.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At 23 below, Wednesday marked Chicago's 4th coldest day ever recorded <a href="https://t.co/s7M6bNbdms">https://t.co/s7M6bNbdms</a></p>— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) <a href="https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1091014010554728449?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was 50 here today. Carry on.

High of 45 tomorrow. 54 and rainy here on Sunday. Midwest got to experience winter and spring in the same week!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Feels like a warmup out there...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not to pile on here but why is ccs still running on vbulletin in 2019? Any big site has migrated to Xenforo.

That's been brought up and being discussed. For now, I'm trying to work on the secure part of the site. Trust me, I don't know much about all of this so I'm working with the support center. Trying to do the best I can with it all.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's been brought up and being discussed. For now, I'm trying to work on the secure part of the site. Trust me, I don't know much about all of this so I'm working with the support center. Trying to do the best I can with it all.

I hear ya. Love this site and community but it's brutal on mobile and looks just like it did nearly 10 years ago on desktop. I'm no tech guy either so I understand its a mess lol.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Xenforo a lot better on mobile?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Xenforo a lot better on mobile?

Oh yeah, I actually prefer mobile to desktop on some sites.

Also... you can tag people, make certain threads "live threads" and use a ton of other features that are optimized and not a burden like they would be with vBulletin.

EDIT: A very nice feature for Xenforo is also to "thread ban" users that are disrupting threads which would be clutch for posters like DB70 that do nothing but derail everything. That way you don't have to ban them completely from the site.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to be a great day. Sunny and 42 already with a high of 51. Best part is the ice is melting.