Chase Daniel says the offense blew chunks because we couldn't run the football.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also said multiple defenses gave the bears looks they didn't prepare for in practice. Lol okay matt nagy.

"When a defense plays two high safeties, you gotta be able to run the football, and we couldn't run the football"

How pathetic is it that most defenses weren't stacking the box and we averaged one of the worst YPC in the league.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Also said multiple defenses gave the bears looks they didn't prepare for in practice. Lol okay matt nagy.

"When a defense plays two high safeties, you gotta be able to run the football, and we couldn't run the football"

How pathetic is it that most defenses weren't stacking the box and we averaged one of the worst YPC in the league.

extremely pathetic.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Hence the firing of the line coach and running game coordinator.

Let's hope they get it right this time.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Chase Daniels was a 6 million dollar back up QB. He had a bigger cap hit then Goldman and Floyd, lol!

He was the 8th highest cap hit player on the 2019 roster!!

Cha Ching!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Nagy won’t run into cover 2 and refuses to press the seam in single high. He does call an amazing array of horizontal pass patterns within four yards of the line of scrimmage though. He needs to re-evaluate his whole approach.

None of it will matter if they don’t clean up the o-line play. They couldn’t open holes or pass protect. Also, when they gave up pressure it came at one of the fastest rates in the league. Only three teams were worse than the Bears. The Chargers, Dolphins and Falcons...

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard another part of this when he was on golic and Wingo this morning talking about how Mitch and Nagy spent much more time together later in the year compared to earlier. It was weird. I will likely listen to the whole thing later. Seemed to include some info we haven’t heard before

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Nagy won’t run into cover 2 and refuses to press the seam in single high. He does call an amazing array of horizontal pass patterns within four yards of the line of scrimmage though. He needs to re-evaluate his whole approach.

None of it will matter if they don’t clean up the o-line play. They couldn’t open holes or pass protect. Also, when they gave up pressure it came at one of the fastest rates in the league. Only three teams were worse than the Bears. The Chargers, Dolphins and Falcons...
You do realize your 2nd paragraph is the answer for your first paragraph...right?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
He can say whatever he wants. The QB was still dog shit and not being able to run the ball doesn't excuse that.

Yep. The Giants have the best back in the NFL and it couldn't cover up for the poor QB play. 2018, 5 wins. 2019, 4 wins.

it's the usual excuses for Bear fans (see Jay Cutler's 8 seasons here and all the excuses bestowed upon him) to make them feel better.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You do realize your 2nd paragraph is the answer for your first paragraph...right?

Not really, there is never an excuse not to rush the ball into run friendly looks. Running the ball takes attitude and commitment. Nagy doesn’t seem patient enough to consistently try to establish the running game. Also, you can move the QB‘s launch point to help exploit pass friendly looks if you struggle at protection. If you give up pressure quickly, you can’t just leave your QB in the pocket.

Most NFL defenses are amazingly quick laterally. Nagy proved it time and again by attacking in that fashion and failing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

sounds like a guy who won't be here next year.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

All that points to bad fucking coaching. I'm sure it was all Helfrich and Hiestand's fault, though!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
is there a link to his interview?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
sounds like a guy who won't be here next year.

That's what i was gonna say or a guy that has already been notified that he won't be coming back.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully he learned something this year but I suspect some of the wide plays came from the inside ones not working either, until he initiated the I and some play action. Playcalling has sucked since Nagy's been here but he doesn't seem an idiot so maybe it improves. Execution was horrible on everything they did. How often did we see an out or wr screen where the lead guy either missed a block or the catcher defeated it by taking a poor angle behind it? It was obvious that the OC was not coaching the finer points that help make plays more successful. It may be Nagy's O but there's a lot more nuance to running it than just knowing the plays.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is not wrong.

QBs, who are not elite, are elevated by a good running game.

Please people, stop blaming Nagy for the run game. Scheme is only a small part of it. The Bears have sub standard OL talent and lose a ton of 1 on 1 matchups.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is not wrong.

QBs, who are not elite, are elevated by a good running game.

Please people, stop blaming Nagy for the run game. Scheme is only a small part of it. The Bears have sub standard OL talent and lose a ton of 1 on 1 matchups.

Why? His playcalling is off balance and does not have any rhythmic flow too it. There are only so many schemes and plays...he sucks at applying them. Give up play calling duties asap and be a HC