Chase Daniel says the offense blew chunks because we couldn't run the football.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good for Chase for saying what everybody knows. Coaches can't flat out admit it bec:

1 - It'd be throwing their players under the bus...at least not until Leno/Massie, etc. are already replaced or at least 2nd string.
2- It'd be throwing themselves & Pace under the bus

Football 101. Pace did allude to "personnel decisions" at least three times by my count in direct response to OL concern questions. Fingers crossed it's dealt with.

I'm tickled to read it's a strong OL class this year. A Godsend that must be taken advantage of. Need TE too though. 1 of each in 2nd, or 1 trade down to 3rd + extra pick if done correctly could work too. Fingers crossed indeed.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I am not saying that isn't true.

But our OL routinely gets their ass whooped. Some of those schemes and play calls would work if they do not get their ass kicked.
I'm guessing they missed the last game when Nagy called a heavy set with two tight ends and I think holtz as a fullback on 3rd and 1 and the line got their azz completely whopped by the Vikings 2nd string and the whole line got pushed 2 yards back. Then he calls a QB sneak on 4th and 1 and they still couldn't get It. This line is ranked 14th in pass block win rate but their horrendous at run blocking

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
or when we used Olsen as an H-back

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have never seen you be happy!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
smh, I know you're better than this

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might Nagy see Chase's candid answers as a "me" not "we" thing?? If so, he gone.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just a reminder, this is what our backup qb/locker room guy said about nagy.

It was true last year, and its true this year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also said multiple defenses gave the bears looks they didn't prepare for in practice. Lol okay matt nagy.

"When a defense plays two high safeties, you gotta be able to run the football, and we couldn't run the football"

How pathetic is it that most defenses weren't stacking the box and we averaged one of the worst YPC in the league.
Makes it that much easier when they don't have to protect the edges this year. And didn't you just argue in another thread that Cohen ran the ball well last year?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Dude Nagy is in so over his head it’s fucking crazy. Our HC is a guy who’s best traits are fit for a summer camp counselor. He’s not even a good OC. He’s actually a below average OC that is bad at game management and contributes nothing to defense or ST. Yet he’s the HC of a historic franchise. Only #dabears could find themselves in this mess

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Would that be Chase "I know, but cannot play" Daniel?

AKA Chase "Jedi mind trick master... keep me on your roster" Daniel?