Chicago Bears RUMORS: 3 trade packages for Russell Wilson

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This "article" is so really dumb that I hate to even bump this thread, since it's just more offseason clickbait fodder and the only media coverage outside of McCaskey death lately.

Sure, RW is better than any QB Bears have currently. Should they blow the future equity AND cap to get him vs. other options and lose other good players to do it? hell no. Esp. until OL is fixed in a major f'in way. Bring in OL early & often next draft & FA once Massie & Leno's contracts are dumpable if they don't pull a complete 180 from "shit to shinola" (as my old school HS coach used to say).

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well Wilson is 31 and Rogers is 36. I'm good with either. But No to Stafford ? Hopefully Mitch can raise his game and beat out Foles :)
not sure mitch has to beat out Foles. Foles is best as the backup, watch what goes wrong and be able to change it. He was not setting the world on fire as a franchise quarterback in Jacksonville.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sure it's not going to happen, but please do give the clicks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2 firsts and a 4th should get it done. Problem is we would have to shed some major salary. We would certainly not be able to afford Roquan Smith

And this would be a problem why? Roquan is not elite and likely never will be.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
We need to draft our own great qb, oh wait, haven’t been able to do that EVER!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Big difference between a "trade rumor" and "Here's what we speculatively think the Bears could give up for Wilson."

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Peter King just said on ProFootball Talk with Mike Florio that Mack and 3 1’s would get it done. He throws shit on every wall though.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Peter King just said on ProFootball Talk with Mike Florio that Mack and 3 1’s would get it done. He throws shit on every wall though.

Seattle would definitely want Mack. They have literally no pass rush for the last couple of years. The trade for Dunlap helped but it wasn't enough.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

DB012031

Liked Posts:
So I am torn on Russ when we throw out 1st Round Picks. We look at 1st round picks and freak out but the flip of that argument is that IF we added Russ, over the next three years, we are probably a playoff contender and would always be drafting where we are today or even further down (so 20th pick or later). Once you get to those later 1st rounders, the "value" isn't as great.

What I would consider, if I were the Bears is if they want the 1st rounders, we exclude this years pick because we desperately need to build the O-line back up. would they go for 22, 23, 24 1st rounders and a player or two. This way they get what they want and actually that 24 first rounder could be a solid pick if Russ falls off a cliff but also allows us to set up for future success.