Chicago Bears RUMORS: 3 trade packages for Russell Wilson

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Peter King just said on ProFootball Talk with Mike Florio that Mack and 3 1’s would get it done. He throws shit on every wall though.
Mack, two 1st and a Groupon to the Chicago museum

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I reiterate my point from last year

There isn’t a single player on the Bears I would not trade for Wilson.

I would shIp Mack off in a heartbeat for Wilson.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I am torn on Russ when we throw out 1st Round Picks. We look at 1st round picks and freak out but the flip of that argument is that IF we added Russ, over the next three years, we are probably a playoff contender and would always be drafting where we are today or even further down (so 20th pick or later). Once you get to those later 1st rounders, the "value" isn't as great.

What I would consider, if I were the Bears is if they want the 1st rounders, we exclude this years pick because we desperately need to build the O-line back up. would they go for 22, 23, 24 1st rounders and a player or two. This way they get what they want and actually that 24 first rounder could be a solid pick if Russ falls off a cliff but also allows us to set up for future success.
First rounders under Pace are intrinsically worthless

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2021 1, 2022 1, 2022 3, Roquan Smith

DOES THIS NOT PLEASE YOU

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Why would the Bears be SB contenders if they give up the farm to get Wilson? Wilson cannot even sniff the SB without that vaunted D and Marshawn Lynch by his side.... he had all the weapons in the world to his disposal last year and that O was terrible for the last 7-8 games including the playoffs. If we give up every important draft pick to get him, and absorb that massive cap hit which means shedding some players on D too like Fuller, Hicks etc, how are we suddenly SB contenders? The D will be lucky to be top 20 and the O, while better will not be elite like the Packers or even the Niners (who's run game is what fuels their O anyways)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seattle doesnt need Roquan. They need a pass rush.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2 firsts and a 4th should get it done. Problem is we would have to shed some major salary. We would certainly not be able to afford Roquan Smith

Roquan with the 5th year option does not hit FA until after 2022. We currently 98m and 123m of cap space in 2021 and 2022.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Seattle is parting with Wilson they are rebuilding. Young players and draft picks is what they will want

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Well there goes our first round picks for the next 10 years. Get it done pace. Conviction.
It’s not like he has hit gold on previous 1st rounders. So we ain’t losing nothing. Hahaha. Everyone saying every player on defense sucks. Roquan is the only one I would assume.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I honestly think Pace would jump on the chance to get Russell Wilson if he is as cheap as these trade proposals. Considering we pick #20 and would hopefully make the playoffs with Wilson, Two firsts should be the minimum.

And for Pace, he should take that in a heartbeat. Add in the fact that all the QBs Pace has supposedly been interested in over the years (Mariota, Glennon, Garoppolo, Trubisky, Foles) haven't had the best success, he should be nervous to draft another guy. Getting a proven winner is the most sensible option.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
One of those trade packages include 2021 1st, 2022 2nd and Quinn for Wilson and a 7th. I would jump on that in a heartbeat, but there is no way in hell Seattle would go for it.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’d give 3 1’s and ANY defensive player they want.
Hicks... we're getting Goldman back.
or Jackson and seahawks trades Jamal back to jets for 2nd round pick..& bears re-sign Gipson and draft FS high :unsure: ?‍♂️

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Probably the most reasonable article or take on a potential Wilson trade out there