Chicago Bears to re-sign Vic Fangio as DC

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy was introduced as the Chicago Bears head coach on Tuesday, and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio could be re-signed as soon as Wednesday, according to multiple reports Tuesday night.

After dominoes began falling in the coaching ranks, the biggest being the Green Bay Packers filling their coordinator opening with ex-Browns coach Mike Pettine, the likelihood of Fangio returning improved drastically.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL...rs-to-re-sign-Vic-Fangio-as-DC/2791515561368/

maybe not?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hows that head coach search coming along in the motor city?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who gives a shit why Fuller was targeted...what matters is what happened on all of those targets.

"Fuller has played a team-high 536 snaps at cornerback this season. He's been targeted 113 times, allowing just 57 catches with two touchdowns and two interceptions. Opposing quarterbacks are recording just a 68.8 rating when throwing in his direction this season."

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Franchis...r-Kyle-Fuller-and-the-Chicago-Bears-112830598

That was through 15 games. I don't have the final numbers for all 16 games but that last game of the season didn't tilt his numbers much at all as you can see on the infographic I posted earlier...y'all fuckers keep grasping at straws. Someone show me actual empirical proof of Kyle Fuller being anywhere near bad based on all those targets people keep regurgitating about.

Also the run support provided and hits he had supporting runs/screens....dude is a good corner and if we let him go, I'll be pissed.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hows that head coach search coming along in the motor city?

don't have a clue, was it a race? did you win the HC hunt this year? Funny thing, Nagy wasn't number one on hardly anyones list ('cept maybe windy).

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
don't have a clue, was it a race? did you win the HC hunt this year? Funny thing, Nagy wasn't number one on hardly anyones list ('cept maybe windy).

Hahaha it’s funny cuz you clowns were the only team in the NFC north who had the same QB to start and end the season but still couldn’t win it. Maybe that’s why Patricia is supposed to pick the 2 win Giants over you guys[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

It's not a race, but would you rather get your number 1 guy on day 1 or day 10? As long as you get him, it doesn't matter. But the earlier just ensures you get him.

I remember hearing those clowns on SC6 that said that the Bears job was the worst opening. Yet, we were the first to get a coach. Shows that they don't know anything.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also the run support provided and hits he had supporting runs/screens....dude is a good corner and if we let him go, I'll be pissed.

Yeah I had posted several times before about his high number of tackles and passes defended. I've also mentioned many times how he was the only player in the league had at least 65 tackles and 20 passes defended. He ended the season with more tackles and passes defended than that. I've also mentioned that its not common for a cornerback to be that willing of a tackler. Find me another cornerback that tried to tackle as much as he did and I will show you another keeper. Its frequent to find safeties that want to tackle or nail someone but not a cornerback. Corners are always considered to be softer than safeties. This man ain't soft.

God damn man you jumpy there? It was a question. I'll leave you to it then.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not a race, but would you rather get your number 1 guy on day 1 or day 10? As long as you get him, it doesn't matter. But the earlier just ensures you get him.

I remember hearing those clowns on SC6 that said that the Bears job was the worst opening. Yet, we were the first to get a coach. Shows that they don't know anything.

Does it? Hey, it very well could. In all actuality all it shows is the Bears wanted a guy that was no longer in the playoffs. We could toss out a bunch of BS speculation as to why that was (did they really want another candidate more but felt they didn't have a chance, or did they genuinely want Nagy?).

This is what I know at the moment (or recent speculation)

Lions have three candidates, Shurmer, Vabrell, and Patricia
Giants have three candidates, Shurmer, Patricia and McDaniels
Colts? Who knows, though rumor is Shurmer is their top candidate.

Recent articles out of NY are the Giants are far from calling anything a done deal.

Personally, I don't have a clue of the Lions three picks which one would be best, so I don't get to wrapped up in any of them. I did think Shurmer was the best fit for the Bears with his QB development. I do know this, which ever coach the Lions pick, Bears homers will be quick to point out how they got the best coach, and the Lions are going to suck, yada yada yada.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I had posted several times before about his high number of tackles and passes defended. I've also mentioned many times how he was the only player in the league had at least 65 tackles and 20 passes defended. He ended the season with more tackles and passes defended than that. I've also mentioned that its not common for a cornerback to be that willing of a tackler. Find me another cornerback that tried to tackle as much as he did and I will show you another keeper. Its frequent to find safeties that want to tackle or nail someone but not a cornerback. Corners are always considered to be softer than safeties. This man ain't soft.

God damn man you jumpy there? It was a question. I'll leave you to it then.

Not jumpy at all, just being a smart ass ;) I guess I was anticipating more of the same from posters like WCBF

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not jumpy at all, just being a smart ass ;) I guess I was anticipating more of the same from posters like WCBF

C'mon man you know better than that from me.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Does it? Hey, it very well could. In all actuality all it shows is the Bears wanted a guy that was no longer in the playoffs. We could toss out a bunch of BS speculation as to why that was (did they really want another candidate more but felt they didn't have a chance, or did they genuinely want Nagy?).

Recent articles out of NY are the Giants are far from calling anything a done deal.

Personally, I don't have a clue of the Lions three picks which one would be best, so I don't get to wrapped up in any of them. I did think Shurmer was the best fit for the Bears with his QB development. I do know this, which ever coach the Lions pick, Bears homers will be quick to point out how they got the best coach, and the Lions are going to suck, yada yada yada.

Not really though because you can have a hand shake agreement with a coach still in the playoffs. That happened with Shanahan last year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
C'mon man you know better than that from me.

So let me ask you a question, of the three Lions top choices, which one makes the best HC? (I honestly don't have a clue).

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So let me ask you a question, of the three Lions top choices, which one makes the best HC? (I honestly don't have a clue).

Well here is the thing. I don't follow the Lions so I don't know who still remains staff-wise. Did they only fire the head coach? Did Jim Bob Cooter also get the axe? Do they feel like Jim had the offense still going in the right direction? Did they feel the defense needs more help than the offense? You have to identify the strength and keep that afloat and try to fix the weakness. To that end then you probably want to pick a head coach that can either bring balance or one who's strength is going to help fix the teams' weakness.

If I had to put my finger on a singular thing the Lions desperately have needed to fix...its the damn running game. If Stafford had the benefit of a legit back beside him the Lions would be so much more dynamic.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:

Thought Shumur was AZ's primary candidate? Dunno who else has been connected to them up to this point, seems like they're gunning hard for him.

It'll be interesting to see how that happens. If Shumur goes to AZ then your list for 3 candidates goes down to 2 for every team basically.

Definitely gonna be interesting to see how things shake up after this weekend.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well here is the thing. I don't follow the Lions so I don't know who still remains staff-wise. Did they only fire the head coach? Did Jim Bob Cooter also get the axe? Do they feel like Jim had the offense still going in the right direction? Did they feel the defense needs more help than the offense? You have to identify the strength and keep that afloat and try to fix the weakness. To that end then you probably want to pick a head coach that can either bring balance or one who's strength is going to help fix the teams' weakness.

If I had to put my finger on a singular thing the Lions desperately have needed to fix...its the damn running game. If Stafford had the benefit of a legit back beside him the Lions would be so much more dynamic.

Cooter is still under contract but him staying with the Lions will be up to the new HC. I agree on the run game, but am aware the the Lions O-line was a train wreck do to injuries. Not an excuse, they still need a running back.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought Shumur was AZ's primary candidate? Dunno who else has been connected to them up to this point, seems like they're gunning hard for him.

It'll be interesting to see how that happens. If Shumur goes to AZ then your list for 3 candidates goes down to 2 for every team basically.

Definitely gonna be interesting to see how things shake up after this weekend.

McDaniels is the Colts target, not the coltsI misspoke

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions are getting either Patricia or Wilkes...imo. I'd be curious to see how Patricia coaches the Lions

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Lions are getting either Patricia or Wilkes...imo. I'd be curious to see how Patricia coaches the Lions

Lions fans today think they are going to get stuck with Vrabel. Word is Patricia think the Giants are better situated, and most think Shumur is going to Arizona.