Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how hockey got started as a sport given that 10% of participants had to be the goalie.

(coach of first hockey game) "Ok little Johny, you go stand over there. Tom is going to start with the puck. When he slides it to you skate really fast. Ronald do the same on the other side. Jerias and Gonzo you are going to defend."

(Fat Frank) "what about me coach?"

(Coach) "Oh...you are going to go stand between those pipes with the net behind it and we are going to take turns slapping pucks off your face."

Everyone but Frank. "yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yipppeeeeee eehhhhhh"

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I disagree.... I think top teams out there can force them to dump and chase if they work at it.

Yeah some of the better defensive teams have had success against that line by walling off Kane/Panarin at the blue line. They make sure two guys are there to greet them at the blue line and force a dump-in. That's why I think you can expect to see a lot of Keith and Seabrook behind that line in the postseason. Each of those players excels at making a great first pass out of the zone, and that quick transition can help the Hawks gain entry before a team can set up that wall at the blue line.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know how hockey got started as a sport given that 10% of participants had to be the goalie.

(coach of first hockey game) "Ok little Johny, you go stand over there. Tom is going to start with the puck. When he slides it to you skate really fast. Ronald do the same on the other side. Jerias and Gonzo you are going to defend."

(Fat Frank) "what about me coach?"

(Coach) "Oh...you are going to go stand between those pipes with the net behind it and we are going to take turns slapping pucks off your face."

Everyone but Frank. "yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yipppeeeeee eehhhhhh"

In the early days pucks usually didn't go that high off the ice, so the goalie was kinda like a wicket keeper in cricket.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
A couple interesting stories from the Hawks' beat writers this week.

First, Sun-Times' Mark Lazerus has a story on how nutrition has become a huge key for the team. Best quote of the story comes from Q:

And The Athletic's Scott Powers had a big story on 13 prospects who could be added to the team's roster pool by next season. It's behind the Athletic's paywall so I won't be posting any of those contents here, but I again recommend getting subscription to that website. They cover everything in Chicago and they're expanding all over the country, too.
Still the same recovery techniques for the canucks according to the irish times... look up the article, it's pretty fun, and he already had to say he was lying about it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the early days pucks usually didn't go that high off the ice, so the goalie was kinda like a wicket keeper in cricket.

[video=youtube;yMbXU4njAw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMbXU4njAw4[/video]

Don't worry franky, it doesn't usually hit you in the face.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't remember the magazine.....Maybe it was Sports Illustrated? But they had a picture of Terry Sawchuck's face and interposed on it was a record of all of the stitches that he took during his career. There were literally hundred's of stitches that he took along with assorted bones broken. Those were some crazy tough SOBs weren't they?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I mean early days...like late 1800's/early 1900's.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember the magazine.....Maybe it was Sports Illustrated? But they had a picture of Terry Sawchuck's face and interposed on it was a record of all of the stitches that he took during his career. There were literally hundred's of stitches that he took along with assorted bones broken. Those were some crazy tough SOBs weren't they?

And they got paid like Secretary's.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Ed Belfour will be in net on Thursday

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
So Presidents trophy not totally out of the question, here. I would not have predicted that a month ago.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
But that's ovis trophy

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Blues must have really pissed us off. Now we are going to win their Presidents, eliminate them, and take the Cup all in one season....leaving them nothing but sniffles.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clinched a playoff spot, according to official site

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Happy anniversary!

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Anisimov comes back to the 2nd line (or 1B), we are going to have some killer options.

If Hayden continues playing like he is on the 1st line (or 1A), we could have a 3rd line of Schmaltz, Hartman and Hossa and a shutdown 4th line with Kruger, Kero and Rasmussen and throw in Desjardins, Tootoo or Jurco as needed. ...or we can mix and match the 3rd and 4th lines with shutdown players, two way players and some offense.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks