Chicago Blackhawks aquire Seth Jones

greg23

Liked Posts:
Oh boy

Where's the Boqvist nut-hugger?

If he says anything negative about the trade he's clearly a racist; which he is anyways.

Gotta be on suicide watch

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The more I find out about this deal the more it's the worst deal Stan has ever done fucking ridiculous

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the positive, always good to see ex Winterhawks on the Blackhawks.

The 9.5 is steep, but we're going to jettison a fuckton of cap soon and doesn't kick in until next year.

The picks hurt, but Boqvist is no loss.

But this is a gamble. If Jones underacheives it should get Bowman promoted to urinal attendant.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well not a fan of the term, but I’m really trying to get on board with this. Wonder who we go after in FA cause it looks like we are going for it one last time with 88 & 19

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Well not a fan of the term, but I’m really trying to get on board with this. Wonder who we go after in FA cause it looks like we are going for it one last time with 88 & 19
With Seabs and Shaw on LTIR there contracts only come of the books at the start of the season, but while Stan’s at it, might as well take a swing at Hamilton.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
On the positive, always good to see ex Winterhawks on the Blackhawks.

The 9.5 is steep, but we're going to jettison a fuckton of cap soon and doesn't kick in until next year.

The picks hurt, but Boqvist is no loss.

But this is a gamble. If Jones underacheives it should get Bowman promoted to urinal attendant.
Doesnt Seabs and Shaws contract come of the book at the start of the season, so technically they still count against the cap?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The main problem is he needs to continue to build the team and instead he's tried to swing for the fences

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The main problem is he needs to continue to build the team and instead he's tried to swing for the fences
Exactly, I did t even realize Stan gave away a first round pick for next year, and with this team the way it’s constructed that can easily be a top 5 or even top 3 pick.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe Jone's 9.5 kicks in when Toews' & Kane's come off the books.
Doesnt Seabs and Shaws contract come of the book at the start of the season, so technically they still count against the cap?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I believe Jone's 9.5 kicks in when Toews' & Kane's come off the books.
No, Jones has one season at 5.4, Kane and Toews are still under contract for 2 more seasons, and Dcat will need a new contract at that time as well.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I understand the trepidation, but I'm fine with this. I mean, it didn't cost us Debrincat, Dach, or Hagel. Yes, it cost us our first, but Bowman did at least get the 32nd overall. The one thing that hurts is the 1st round pick in 2022 -- that makes it somewhat of a overpayment.

I'm excited we got a bonafide top 1-2 D-man. People here underestimate this guy, he's top-tier, and he's only 26 and in his prime, good size, good physicality (102 hits in 56 games last year). The Hawks have the cap space and will have even more once Toews/Kane come off the books in a year; it's good to have a piece like Jones already in the cupboard.

The way I see it, Jones is a part of the rebuild. Any team needs a bonafide number 1 D-man, and that's what Jones is. You can't just keep inserting different young guys and cross your fingers; at some point, you have to bet on what you have, and maybe Stan's doing that in Beadin, Mitchell and to a lesser degree, Carlsson. It's not like we already don't have a shit ton of young players on this team, both on the backend and up front.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I understand the trepidation, but I'm fine with this. I mean, it didn't cost us Debrincat, Dach, or Hagel. Yes, it cost us our first, but Bowman did at least get the 32nd overall. The one thing that hurts is the 1st round pick in 2022 -- that makes it somewhat of a overpayment.

I'm excited we got a bonafide top 1-2 D-man. People here underestimate this guy, he's top-tier, and he's only 26 and in his prime, good size, good physicality (102 hits in 56 games last year). The Hawks have the cap space and will have even more once Toews/Kane come off the books in a year; it's good to have a piece like Jones already in the cupboard.

The way I see it, Jones is a part of the rebuild. Any team needs a bonafide number 1 D-man, and that's what Jones is. You can't just keep inserting different young guys and cross your fingers; at some point, you have to bet on what you have, and maybe Stan's doing that in Beadin, Mitchell and to a lesser degree, Carlsson. It's not like we already don't have a shit ton of young players on this team, both on the backend and up front.
It could cost us them when it comes time to resign them.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Hypothetically speaking if that 2022 pick is a top 3, this trade becomes a massive overpayment. I like Jones, and yes the Hawks need someone on defence with size and skill set, but let’s remember his numbers last season were on the bottom end for a player who is about to make 9.5 per.
Kane and Toews do come of the books, however Dcat will get a raise at the same time as well as Kubalik, and let’s not think for one second that Kane wont want a decent payday after this contract, with his numbers he is still in the 7 million zone, Toews well, who knows at this point maybe retired.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It could cost us them when it comes time to resign them.

I remember when many people thought it was utterly impossible that the Hawks would be able to afford all of Toews, Kane, and Keith when all their contracts were up in 2010 -- because Campbell was signed at 7 million. Opposing fans especially were certain it could never happen. In the end, they were all kept.