That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
blackhawks_w.JPG

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Horrible game defensively for both teams tonight. At least we got the W. 3 more.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, Steal:

As the resident Philly fan, who starts game 2 - Leighton or Waterboy?

I'm thinking Lavs comes back with Leighton.

Last edited:

STEAL

Liked Posts:
Ok, Steal:

As the resident Philly fan, who starts game 2 - Leighton or Waterboy?

I'm thinking Lavs comes back with Leighton.

Let's not forget that Boucher was replaced because he was injured, not because he was underperforming.

We'll see but my best bet is Boucher. Leights was not "Leights Out" like usual. I think his nerves have finally got to him and it seems as though the Hawks stickplay is almost too quick for him. If there's anything I'm impressed by it's the movement of the puck. I'd rather see Boucher take some shots first and if need be throw Leights in. It's going to be a high scoring series regardless. If Niemi is letting 5 goals in and they still refuse to let Huet play, that would be something to worry about. If the Hawks lost this game, the whole city would be off the Niemi bandwagon.

N3

Liked Posts:
Let's not forget that Boucher was replaced because he was injured, not because he was underperforming.

We'll see but my best bet is Boucher. Leights was not "Leights Out" like usual. I think his nerves have finally got to him and it seems as though the Hawks stickplay is almost too quick for him. If there's anything I'm impressed by it's the movement of the puck. I'd rather see Boucher take some shots first and if need be throw Leights in. It's going to be a high scoring series regardless. If Niemi is letting 5 goals in and they still refuse to let Huet play, that would be something to worry about. If the Hawks lost this game, the whole city would be off the Niemi bandwagon.

Except for this guy..

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

True enough. But I think Leighton did have a good series against Montreal and I think that'll matter more.

While Niemi wasn't spectacular tonight, only the "new" (learning) hockey fans would be off Niemi's bandwagon. It was team defense let the Hawks down tonight - not Niemi.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Philly seemed to play a 'Hawks-style of offense...get a guy in front...throw the puck in...hope for good things...they had their good plays, but a lot of it looked like a good ole' fashion 5 offense vs 5 offense game to me.

STEAL

Liked Posts:
Philly seemed to play a 'Hawks-style of offense...get a guy in front...throw the puck in...hope for good things...they had their good plays, but a lot of it looked like a good ole' fashion 5 offense vs 5 offense game to me.

This is how we've been playing all playoffs. That's how we scored our shorthanded goal against Montreal in game 5 and how Giroux got wide open in the same game. Coburn and Pronger can magically saucer pass a puck right for our forwards.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
What a great game 1!
Let's hope we can win monday as well....we cant let Philly into this series...

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What a great game 1!
Let's hope we can win monday as well....we cant let Philly into this series...

That's the biggest key to this series...don't let Philly THINK they can win it.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
exactly....we gotta keep them down

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
After game 1, both teams' top line were:

invisible

STEAL

Liked Posts:
After game 1, both teams' top line were:

invisible

Eh IDK.

Most of our goals came while our second line was out there. Briere, Leino and Hartnell combined for 9 points. They seem to produce when the rest of the team doesn't. Somebody said in an earlier thread that this was the line to stop, and at this point I agree, but right when you stop them I think you'll see a rise in our first and third lines. I don't really know the organization of your lines yet, so I can't say for your strengths but I have a feeling that if your first line needed to produce, they would, just as ours would. I think it's power against power and they nearly negate each other.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great exciting game tonight.

Can't wait for game 2.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh IDK.

Most of our goals came while our second line was out there. Briere, Leino and Hartnell combined for 9 points. They seem to produce when the rest of the team doesn't. Somebody said in an earlier thread that this was the line to stop, and at this point I agree, but right when you stop them I think you'll see a rise in our first and third lines. I don't really know the organization of your lines yet, so I can't say for your strengths but I have a feeling that if your first line needed to produce, they would, just as ours would. I think it's power against power and they nearly negate each other.

That depends on how you mean when you say "power against power they nearly negate each other." They're (both teams' top) generally not out there against each other. You might mean something else, though.

Gagne -3; Richards -2; Carter -2 Combined 0 points
Buf -3; Toews -3; Kane -3 Combined 0 points

The checking lines/defense of both teams did a good job tonight shutting down the big guns but a horseshit job on everyone else...especially considering there were a shitload of goals and both tops contributed only negatives.

Ultimately, I think this is more concerning for Hawks fans since they can better dictate the match ups they want having home ice tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.