Chicago Cubs Starting Lineup Projections(aka Bill James thinks they will suck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think 70 wins is realistic. Any more is a bonus :D

Cloud 9

O.G.
Liked Posts:
Yeah don't expect much out of this team, as we all knew that's what we were looking at for some time now. At least we brought in some personal favorites of mine in DeJesus and Ian Stewart, not saying those 2 are anything special I've just always liked them. Patience is a word we are all familiar with around here, just let Theo go to work.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
If every player has a career year and everything clicks, the Astros are in trouble. I'm heading over to htownsports.com to troll the fuck out of them

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just dont see Cubs scoring 3 runs per game.

C: Who knows what team gets
1B: Career Minor Leaguer
2B: Should be role player
SS: Legit hitter but should be 2 hole hitter for good team not best hitter
3B: Cant hit .200 at Coors. How they expect him to hit when Wind blows in 65% of time at Wrigley?
LF: Only offers 1 tool. 25 HR
CF: So overated i cant see straight. Does nothing above avg.
RF: Another guy who does nothing above avg.

If Cubs fall behind early its over. Cub fans better hope SP has great year to even have AVG team. We thought last year was bad when the team couldnt score. This year they lose 50 HR and close to 200 RBI and fill them with AAA guys who havent proved anything in MLB. Should be fun year. I know im upset about Cubs but im so more excited about rest of league over the Cubs. I never thought i say that. Only hope i have is that we get to see the kids sooner then later like Rizzo, Jackson, Vitters, McNutt, ( hopefully Cepedes)

Last edited:

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Yeah, We definitely aren't gonna be too much better than last year if at all. It's kinda depressing knowing the season is coming up and we already have no real shot outside of a miracle to do anything. I am excited for Cubs baseball finally but that first 5 or 6 game losing streak is going to put it into perspective.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just dont get how some fans can say their MLB cub team is improved. The farm is better, yes, but the team that is actually going to be playing in Wrigley is going to be bad. Chicago is in a bad place right now where the cubs will win 70-75 and the sox may (if things go right) be .500. Im fully prepared for bad bad baseball in chicago. Just talking about all this makes me angry.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If the Cubs win 75 next year, I think the talk has to be about the 2012 Cubs being the greatest over achieving team in the history of sports.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm more interested to see how this team comes together as the year progresses. Anyone who's expecting 85 wins is just kidding themselves. I'd be more than happy with 70 wins. No power, no depth, no left-handed threat in the lineup, our best asset (bullpen) has taken a huge step back, and our rotation could be the biggest question mark imaginable, especially if we deal Garza later this year.

I just hope that we get a chance to watch Rizzo and Jackson come up sometime later this year and start taking some hacks. Those two, plus Castro, could be a nice nucleus moving forward. Now if we only started concentrating on pitching...

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PECOTA projections came up for the Cubs with them at 74.5 wins I think which seems about right.

It took 34 posts to read a legit post.

Good to see CCS hasnt changed.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you know the last time a team didnt score 3 runs a game?

I will bet you a lot of money the Cubs score more than 3.

ya under 3 is kind of ridiculous

and it didnt take 34 pages, only 2 for me:smug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.